Hacking Possible Corrupt HDD :(

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ok here goes, I recently bought a 500gb WD My Passport hdd And Formatted it to FAT32.
Everything went fine and proceeded to transfer all my games from my old 160gb WBFS hdd to the new 500gb one.
It took a while but once it finished I tried to play a few to test.

Now it seems MANY of my games seem to crash at either loading screens or at the health/warning screen.
frown.gif

so I'm thinking the games may be corrupted, and i thought no bother I'll play them off my old WBFS drive, but it seems my WBFS drive is now also having the same problems. (These Games Definitely worked before)

So I think the games must have corrupted before I transferred them to my new hdd.

So my question is...

Is there any way to repair the games on my Hdd's??

Thanks..

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That's another part of the problem, some of the games actually verify but they just don't want to work, they freeze at the first loading screen.

Although a few do fail.

Nekoarashi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since my thread died and this is relevant, what does it indicate when the drive is only showing 15% of the total games on it?

soraxcloud

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think you and me are having the exact same problem!

You buy yours from Staples when they were on sale a few weeks ago by any chance? xD

Ahem anywee instead of making a new thread I might as well post what I was going to post there.

Copy+Paste!
So I just got an eternal hard drive! It was really bought for the sake of backing up my stuff but sense it's 500GB I figured I'd partition it off and use part for Wii games and part for backup. That's been done successfully and I formatted the second half of it to WFBS with WFBS Manager 3.0.1, however when certain games finish loading onto it (My Fitness Coach 2, Dragon Ball Z Boudikai Tenkaichi 3, Super Paper Mario, Super Smash Bro. Brawl, Just to name a few) I get the error "Error occurred wail loading drive. Make sure the drive is not in use or open and that it has been formatted to WFBS format." Then it says my drive is corrupt and I have to reformat it from My Computer then reformat it to WFBS from WFBS Manager.

Some of the games that work are Animal Crossing City Folk, Bust a Move Bash, Dance Dance Revolution Hottest Party 2, Geometry Wars, Ivy the Kiwi and New Super Mario Bros Wii. Though I haven't gotten to test them on the Wii itself yet. I wanted to figure out why some of them are corrupting my drive first. >.>

Edit: Humm maybe I don't have the same problem. I made it a fats32 and used wii backup manager and it works fine for me now. Sorry I may be no help. =(

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1