Hacking Possible brick due to Acekard + Internet Browser?

SVCHOST

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just recently purchased an AceKard 2i, been enjoying it for a little under a day. I wanted to try and connect to the internet to check something on google, and when I loaded up the Opera Browser, the DS froze. I turned it off and then back on, and all I get is the message:

"An error has occurred. Press and hold the Power Button to turn the system off. Please see the Nintendo DSi Operations Manual for help troubleshooting."

Now, the browser has worked for me before, so it leads me to think that it was because the Acekard was in the slot.
I currently can't do anything with my DSi, so if anyone has any suggestions, I would be appreciative.

Edit:

Things that have not worked:

Booting the DSi with the Acekard
Booting the DSi without the Acekard
Booting the DSi with several choices of retail games
Removing the battery for a long period of time, then booting Will try for longer this time.

Kroganwrex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It should work without the ak2i in the slot right? I have never heard of this happening before, and I have personally been on the opera dsi browser with my ak2i in the slot. THIS IS W31rD

WiiLee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SVCHOST said:
Does not boot at all. Not with an Acekard, not empty, not with a game.

You just got PWN'd by the big N, and it probably happened because of a site you went to was harming the ds through cookies or buffer overflow and etc. lol PWN'D

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
WiiLee said:
SVCHOST said:
Does not boot at all. Not with an Acekard, not empty, not with a game.

You just got PWN'd by the big N, and it probably happened because of a site you went to was harming the ds through cookies or buffer overflow and etc. lol PWN'D

shut up. act an age older then you are mentally. this is a serious issue and you spit back crap that isn't factual. svchost is an experienced nds user, i seriously doubt with all my ability to doubt that he went to a website running a buffer overflow exploit.

-another world

SVCHOST

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Except that I only really used it once to see if it would work, and the second time it crashed before it even finished loading.

Edit: Would playing HullBreach cause this?

SVCHOST

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I actually just tried that about ten minutes ago. Took the battery out, let it sit, put it back in. Nothing.

Took me that long to find the jewellers kit to get the damn thing out.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
this is just crazy. acekard should replace your dsi, if their kit really bricked it. i want to get to the bottom of this. you should ask acekard if they would take the ak2i back and run some tests on it. it would suck if every ak2i has the potential to kill the dsi.

-another world

anaxs

got milk, got candy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
my cozin has been thro this
he tried a new dsi and it worked but it wont work on the older one

if u were usin ysmenu then its a for sure brick

@ Another world: ur right acekard should replace the dsi but the brick shit is true

TheWingless

Wafuu~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
anaxs said:
i think the dsi bricked ur card
Just to point this out, it's not the AceKard that's bricked, it's his DSi which is pretty interesting. I haven't heard of anything like this and if you already tried removing the battery, then I guess the only thing left is to call up Nintendo and probably send it in.

Just a crazy but probably useless question... Did the DSi manual happen to help?

raing3

CNET_Richard
Trophies
XP
Country
Do manuals ever help... seriously most times the troubleshooting section of electronics is bullshit... Is the battery charged? When charging the battery is the charger plugged into an outlet? If the screen can not be seen make sure the DS is on.

SVCHOST

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wow, I didn't expect to get so many replies. Here's where I currently stand:

I have emailed Acekard about the brick. I told them about what happened, but i'm not going to ask them to replace the DSi if they don't want to. After all, it's brand new and I can easily take it back to EB Games or ship it to Nintendo.

TheWingless: The manual was superbly useless. My favorite part is where it asks me to power on the DS and try to recreate what went wrong and see if the issue re-occurs.

raing3: The DS powers on fine. It's when the OS tries to boot, the screen goes white like normal, then black, and then the error message.

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
SVCHOST said:
Wow, I didn't expect to get so many replies. Here's where I currently stand:

I have emailed Acekard about the brick. I told them about what happened, but i'm not going to ask them to replace the DSi if they don't want to. After all, it's brand new and I can easily take it back to EB Games or ship it to Nintendo.

TheWingless: The manual was superbly useless. My favorite part is where it asks me to power on the DS and try to recreate what went wrong and see if the issue re-occurs.

raing3: The DS powers on fine. It's when the OS tries to boot, the screen goes white like normal, then black, and then the error message.

remove anything from slot1 and take your battery out of the dsi for about 20 minutes or so to let it completely run out of power then put it back in and see if it will boot.

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
Sounds kinda like you have an old non DSi flashcart in, maybe it thinks there's one stuck in there?

Have you tried putting in a normal DS game and turning it on?

SVCHOST

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Normmatt: The battery has been sitting out of the DS for about two hours now, just tried again. Nothing. Tried without the Acekard.

ShatteredScreens: No, as I stated earlier it does not boot using any games. I have tried Phoenix Wright: Ace Attourney, Pokemon Platinum, and Kirby Superstar Ultra.

Thanks for all the help and suggestions, guys!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv6vlP2qSyo