Bkid

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The title explains most of what happens, but here's the details:

I was hard modding and failed, got a blue screen with error. Unsoldered all of the wires and it seems to fix it again (although I couldn't see where any short was occurring). I put it all back together enough to test it a bit. I wanted to try the hardmod once more, so I took it all apart again. Once I did, I ultimately decided against it and put it back together once more.

Now that it is back together, it will power on, show the blue light (no screen power) for about a second, then you can hear a small hiss from the speaker, then everything turns off.

Thanks for any help or information. I won't be able to do anything immediately because of work, but I will try this evening.

Bkid

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nah because actually (I ran into this while putting it back together) the 3ds seems to be able to fully power on without the screens attached. You hear the home screen jingle and everything, just nothing on the screen. All the ribbon cables have been quadruple checked, too. :(

Bkid

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If the two large ribbon cables that slip through the hole in the PCB are for the screens, then yes, they are connected as well as they can possibly be.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SpookyBaker @ SpookyBaker: btw my updated location I listed isn't exactly where I wanted it to be, but it's very close to...