DownwardSpyral

The Fastest Thing Alive
OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So yeah. Everyone who has tried has noticed that Castlevania Portrait of Ruin has problems running on most flash carts. It loves to lock up at the warp rooms and pause menu on my Supercard Lite, and despite trying all of the fixes I'm aware of, it still freezes. The game is awesome and I'm willing to buy it, but I've also heard that retail carts are locking up as well. Can anyone comment on this? Has Konami addressed and fixed the problem?

Thanks

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The R4 though still freezes on some microsd cards. The sandisk one freezes unless you buy the ultra model. The kingston works but I think its only the microsd made in Japan that has no problems as it has a better read speed. Their getting harder to get hold of as the kingston microsd are made it taiwan now and have a lower read speed.

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
I've never heard of anyone having trouble with a retail cart, so it's probably fine. But if you can't find out the answer to your question you could wait for the Europe release. It's not out until March, but if there is a bug in the retail carts that Konami are aware of then they could've fixed it in the newer version.

tama_mog

Kupo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've had a retail cart since the beginning (pre-ordered with the special bonus package @ EB Games) release. I have all 1000% map and everything played to hell, put like 35-40 hours on it and haven't had one single hiccup. So yeah I'd say the retail does not freeze from my experience.

DownwardSpyral

The Fastest Thing Alive
OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah. Gamefaqs tipped me off to retail problems. We have a locally owned game store here that gives really good prices on used games, and they have Portrait of Ruin cheap, but it is used... not sure if its a faulty cart or not.

I'll mull over the idea some more. Seems its a hit and miss with retail copies, and unless I get an UltraII Sandisk card, ill be running risk of more freezing. Thanks

charlie1212

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've completed about 75% of the game on my black DS Lite with the SuperCard Lite/SuperKey/Kingston MicroSD card/card reader bundle sold by www.realhotstuff.com and never got a single glitch or freeze once. Oh and by the way, piracy rules!
grog.gif

DownwardSpyral

The Fastest Thing Alive
OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've completed about 75% of the game on my black DS Lite with the SuperCard Lite/SuperKey/Kingston MicroSD card/card reader bundle sold by www.realhotstuff.com and never got a single glitch or freeze once. Oh and by the way, piracy rules!
grog.gif

bah. I too have the supercard lite/superkey bundle, but I opted for a Sandisk 1gb card. Wonder why the Sandisk card has been having such problems.

jtroye32

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've completed about 75% of the game on my black DS Lite with the SuperCard Lite/SuperKey/Kingston MicroSD card/card reader bundle sold by www.realhotstuff.com and never got a single glitch or freeze once. Oh and by the way, piracy rules!
grog.gif

bah. I too have the supercard lite/superkey bundle, but I opted for a Sandisk 1gb card. Wonder why the Sandisk card has been having such problems.

i heard regular sandisks freeze with POR but sandisk ultra II works perfectly like kingston (made in japan) microsd cards

[M]artin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the same exact gear you have. I could've bought a Kingston 1 GB but I've never heard of the name and it was about 10 bucks cheaper so I foolishly thought it was of poor quality. C:PoR is the only game that has ever bugged up on my Sandisk, though.

sabinraijin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As far as it seems, it might have been a problem with the first batch (or a certain confined shipment) of real carts, because the threads on GameFAQs complaining about real carts freezing stopped popping up shortly after the first few weeks of release. I'm thinking it was either people with flashcarts pissed off it doesn't work on their FC, so claiming it was real just so they could vent their anger on GameFAQs without a horde of "legits" saying "that's what you get for pirating!". OR it was a bad batch and all the new real carts are just fine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ +1