Hacking Question Porting my current Nand to Emunand then clean System Nand

Cyberevan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So currently I have SX OS on Fw 6.2.0. I have a NAND backup of 5.1.0. Say I wanted to play Tetris 99 so i need a clean nand so steps would be porting my current system nand to emunand, then restoring my clean 5.1.0 nand backup to system nand then updating it to the latest switch fw then still be able to use my emunand? any tutorials i can follow? And does restoring NAND disregards burned fuses? Thanks in advance

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Just create emuNAND of your current sysNAND, restore the clean NAND backup and update the sysNAND to 7.0. You can use your emuNAND 6.2.0. If you restore your old NAND backup, fuses are still burnt. So you would need to go in RCM and boot with SX OS or hekate payload to OFW. But only once since you upgrade sysNAND to 7.0 afterwards.

Cyberevan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just create emuNAND of your current sysNAND, restore the clean NAND backup and update the sysNAND to 7.0. You can use your emuNAND 6.2.0. If you restore your old NAND backup, fuses are still burnt. So you would need to go in RCM and boot with SX OS or hekate payload to OFW. But only once since you upgrade sysNAND to 7.0 afterwards.
Thanks. So after updating my sysnand to 7.0, to boot to my emunand i need to jig everytime because autorcm doesnt work on fw7? And rebooting emunand would boot to sysnand? And does sleep mode works on emunand?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You can do that way. It will take time because of dd command. Remember to keep Boot0/1 following your rawnand.

Take a look at this topic, search for my post there.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/moving-from-sx-os-sd-emunand-to-sd-hidden_emunand.526587/

Good luck!
Im sorry i cannot understand this, what do i need this for and there is a hidden emunand??

Last edited by Cyberevan,

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Thanks. So after updating my sysnand to 7.0, to boot to my emunand i need to jig everytime because autorcm doesnt work on fw7? And rebooting emunand would boot to sysnand? And does sleep mode works on emunand?
AutoRCM has nothing to do with the firmware. If you have updated to 7.0, AutoRCM installed and turn your switch on, it will still boot in RCM. Sleep mode works fine for my EmuNAND 6.2.0.

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I thought fw 7.0 patched autorcm?
AutoRCM is patched by updating the FW the official way.
Doing it through ChoiDujourNX automatically enables AutoRCM after FW update.
If you're doing it officially you could use bricmii, SX OS or hekate to re-enable it afterwards.

Cyberevan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
AutoRCM is patched by updating the FW the official way.
Doing it through ChoiDujourNX automatically enables AutoRCM after FW update.
If you're doing it officially you could use bricmii, SX OS or hekate to re-enable it afterwards.
THanks man. Is the nand restore option on the SX OS is the same as with the other payloads?

Cyberevan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So I restored my old 5.1.0 nand but it only boots on a black screen. I can still boot into my emunand sx os. But booting ofw from sx os payload just loads black screen. what can I do? thanks..

So booting stock from Hetake 4.6 show errors of PKG2 decryption failed

Last edited by Cyberevan,

thaikhoa

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
So I just made a hidden emunand. After doing so my sd card is formatted as exFat but i read that exfat causes corruption. Do i simply reformat it to fat32 then recopy the files?

Reformat the available partition to fat32 will affect to the emunand partition. So, No, don't do that. ExFat won't make anything wrong for me. It's up to you.

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
So I restored my old 5.1.0 nand but it only boots on a black screen. I can still boot into my emunand sx os. But booting ofw from sx os payload just loads black screen. what can I do? thanks..

So booting stock from Hetake 4.6 show errors of PKG2 decryption failed
You also restored boot0 and boot1 from 5.1.0 backup?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1