Hacking Portal 2 Offline check+flighmode patch (Atmosphere IPS)

mrdude

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
For those that want to play Portal 2 with the online+flightmode checks skipped that are on v1.0.3 of the game, Here's an online/offline patch. I was having issues getting this to run without flighmode - even then it was a pain, hence the patch got made for Atmosphere. Enjoy!

Attachments

• Portal2.zip
    598 bytes · Views: 31

mrdude

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
https://github.com/masagrator/PortalNXSideLoader/releases/tag/1.4
Portal2-NoWeb-NXSideLoader.zip

This is doing the same thing, but also enables modding.
Nice, you wouldn't happen to know which bit of code/module is responsible in some games that when you try to play them the switch pops up with the message about needing to update the game? My switch is banned from online so I can't get updates unless I download them, currently the one I have for commando's 3 crashes instantly (v196608) and the other one I have (v65536) tells me I need to update. I am looking for a way to patch this check out. Have you done that for any games?

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Nice, you wouldn't happen to know which bit of code/module is responsible in some games that when you try to play them the switch pops up with the message about needing to update the game? My switch is banned from online so I can't get updates unless I download them, currently the one I have for commando's 3 crashes instantly (v196608) and the other one I have (v65536) tells me I need to update. I am looking for a way to patch this check out. Have you done that for any games?
There are 2 ways to do that:
  • by using HOS API to reset required game version. You can do that with DBI, Goldleaf, maybe something else too. Con of this solution is that it will still popup that you should update game, but with option to launch game anyway. In DBI
    • Browse Installed applications
    • Highlight game you want to reset and press +
    • Reset required version
  • Edit some file in NAND to remove information about that there is an update possible to download. I remember there was one tool designed for that, but don't remember name.

mrdude

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
There are 2 ways to do that:
  • by using HOS API to reset required game version. You can do that with DBI, Goldleaf, maybe something else too. Con of this solution is that it will still popup that you should update game, but with option to launch game anyway. In DBI
    • Browse Installed applications
    • Highlight game you want to reset and press +
    • Reset required version
  • Edit some file in NAND to remove information about that there is an update possible to download. I remember there was one tool designed for that, but don't remember name.
Thanks, do you know which file gets edited by DBI so that it resets the version? Or What system file is responsible?

mrdude

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
avm is used, this is what is used by Goldleaf. Don't ask me how this works

https://github.com/XorTroll/Goldlea...5a2ae/Goldleaf/source/hos/hos_Titles.cpp#L337
Nice, I think it has somehing to do with version list files - 8000000000000180 and 8000000000000045, if you get virgin ones it gets rid of the nag so I suspect that DBI is editing 8000000000000180 to set the game version to the update version you have installed. I am just spectulating though, I'll look into this further.

According to this: https://switchbrew.org/wiki/Flash_Filesystem
I guess that you must need to mount the System partiton and go to the save folder then those files get edited,

EDIT: Don't install from the net, it will bork you firmware - doh! Also you need dumps from the same version firmware you are on. I ended up wiping my emunand and then all my games worked as well as the update 3 for commandos so mabey my sd card had some corruption, all is good now though.

Last edited by mrdude,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Dem 🥜 s