Hacking Emulation POPS on PSP/Vita - Config Research

Snowbro88

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Thanks boss I will try it when I have time, just one question, In the case of Brave Fencer Musashi according to your instructions, both the GAME ID and the MAIN ID in PSX2PSP should be SLPS 01156?, just to confirm.

Reactions: The_Ho

The_Ho

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Thanks boss I will try it when I have time, just one question, In the case of Brave Fencer Musashi according to your instructions, both the GAME ID and the MAIN ID in PSX2PSP should be SLPS 01156?, just to confirm.
Hope it works perfectly for you :).
Do not change Main Game ID, use native in Main game ID: SLUS00726
Great stuff.

It would be so Romantic to see this CD available for those of us interested in Piracy on the Vita *but not necessarily in that order ;)
I understand the reference, maybe. :)

My interpretation and english is bad :rofl2:

The_Ho

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Dragon Valor(USA)_Fix_661_Adrenaline

- Fix for Dragon Valor, now the enemy drops I think are correct, I played until after the arrest and I didn't get stuck, the purple plant at the beginning of the game now also gives you the fire skill correctly.

PSN Version was only released in NTSC territories, PAL versions have different language options depending on the country they were released

I'm from Spain so my PAL copy is in Spanish

Dino Crisis(Spain)_Fix_661_Adrenaline

- The game now no longer crashes on the warning screen or when using the Shotgun. I played until I got the Shotgun, killed some Velociraptors and everything seems fine.
I am very much interested to see how this experimentation develops. Being able to play the remaining handful of PS1 games that don't run correctly on the PS Vita would be the cherry on top for this little handheld. Especially since one of them (Bugs Bunny: Lost in Time) has been a game that I have on and off the years tried several times to run through both Adrenaline and Retroarch, with little success on either end.

Bugs_Bunny_Lost_in_Time(USA)_Fix_661_Adrenaline

- Game now works on Vita and 661 PSP, sound and game flicker a little but fully playable.

Last edited by The_Ho,

Snowbro88

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Thanks friend, a question do you speak Spanish?

I also wanted to ask you if there is any possibility of fixing Ape Escape Pal Spain or at least the American version? I know that the PAL UK version works on adrenaline but I prefer any of the 2 that I mention because of the voices.

In the case of Ape Escape Spain, I think the problem is in the ppf patch for protection and in the American version it gives a strange error typical of Vita.

Other games that I have read only work in their Japanese version are Destruction Derby 2 and Poy Poy 2, maybe something can be done for them.

The_Ho

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
SheepRaider_(USA)_Fix_661_Adrenaline

- Added fix for SheepRaider game that had severe lags and slows when producing transparency particles and automatic camera movement. Play on PSP with firmware 661 or Adrenaline.

I also wanted to ask you if there is any possibility of fixing Ape Escape Pal Spain or at least the American version? I know that the PAL UK version works on adrenaline but I prefer any of the 2 that I mention because of the voices.

In the case of Ape Escape Spain, I think the problem is in the ppf patch for protection and in the American version it gives a strange error typical of Vita.

Other games that I have read only work in their Japanese version are Destruction Derby 2 and Poy Poy 2, maybe something can be done for them.

It's my pleasure. I don't speak Spanish, just a little bad English, but I do speak PTBR lol. Okay I'll check out those games too. Hugs.

Snowbro88

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Ok boss understood, I already applied your patch to Brave Fencer Musashi and so far it works perfectly, today I will test the one for Sheep Raider which is another game that interests me a lot.

One last question, is it possible to apply xdelta patches with another program?, for example xdelta gui because with the app you provided deltapatcher lite for some reason it works quite slow on my PC.

Greetings and thanks.

Reactions: Pandaxclone2

Snowbro88

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I have been informed that Destruction Derby 2 doesn't work in its Japanese version either, it only worked on PSP with a very low version of the popsloader 3.01 or 3.02

Pandaxclone2

Pokemon Sprite Artist Hobbyist
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I seem to be severely misunderstanding something about the instructions to patching these games, because by the time I have it done and loaded to the Vita, Adrenaline just hangs on a black screen and errors.

For the record, I have tried following the instructions as is, applying the patch to the .bin instead (which it seemed to favor since the checksum matched), and convert into PSX2PSP both as just the .bin alone, and a .iso comprised of the patched .bin and .cue file. And yes, I have been changing the Game ID, not the Main Game ID.

The_Ho

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Ok boss understood, I already applied your patch to Brave Fencer Musashi and so far it works perfectly, today I will test the one for Sheep Raider which is another game that interests me a lot.

One last question, is it possible to apply xdelta patches with another program?, for example xdelta gui because with the app you provided deltapatcher lite for some reason it works quite slow on my PC.

Greetings and thanks.
Yes, you can use another program that works with Xdelta. I tested XdeltaUI and it seems to work.

I seem to be severely misunderstanding something about the instructions to patching these games, because by the time I have it done and loaded to the Vita, Adrenaline just hangs on a black screen and errors.

For the record, I have tried following the instructions as is, applying the patch to the .bin instead (which it seemed to favor since the checksum matched), and convert into PSX2PSP both as just the .bin alone, and a .iso comprised of the patched .bin and .cue file. And yes, I have been changing the Game ID, not the Main Game ID.
It seems to be doing everything right. But something was missing from your description. Are you using level 1 compression on PSX2PSP?.
It is necessary

Pandaxclone2

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Yes, you can use another program that works with Xdelta. I tested XdeltaUI and it seems to work.

It seems to be doing everything right. But something was missing from your description. Are you using level 1 compression on PSX2PSP?.
It is necessary
Yes, level 1 compression is being used also.

The_Ho

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Yes, level 1 compression is being used also.
Strange, try to use a new image, standard Redump, even the Checksum hitting and appearing patch applied successfully, who knows what bugs Deltapatcher may have? :rofl2: Are you having this problem with all the games or just 1, tell me the problematic game that I'm going to make here with the same files and if it works, I'll test it on my vita and I'll send you the Eboot ready to test, so we can reduce the problem to the patch or something strange with Vita Adrenaline. 🙂

Snowbro88

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
For me the patches of Brave Fencer Musashi, Bugs Bunny Lost in Time and Sheep Raider have worked perfectly, I have only followed all your instructions.

Once again thank you very much boss.

Pandaxclone2

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Strange, try to use a new image, standard Redump, even the Checksum hitting and appearing patch applied successfully, who knows what bugs Deltapatcher may have? :rofl2: Are you having this problem with all the games or just 1, tell me the problematic game that I'm going to make here with the same files and if it works, I'll test it on my vita and I'll send you the Eboot ready to test, so we can reduce the problem to the patch or something strange with Vita Adrenaline. 🙂
It was Bugs Bunny: Lost in Time specifically that I am having issue with. I haven't tried any other game as of yet, though I intend on trying Sheep Raider next.

Pandaxclone2

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
In the end, I figured out the cause of the issue after ruling out problems with Lost in Time itself. It turns out I had thrown in a plugin called POPBIOS into the pspemu plugins folder, in one of my earlier attempts months back to get this game working. Since I had no prior issue playing PSX games before in Adrenaline, it never occurred to me that this would be causing a problem. After that was removed, the game has been running just fine.

The_Ho

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
In the end, I figured out the cause of the issue after ruling out problems with Lost in Time itself. It turns out I had thrown in a plugin called POPBIOS into the pspemu plugins folder, in one of my earlier attempts months back to get this game working. Since I had no prior issue playing PSX games before in Adrenaline, it never occurred to me that this would be causing a problem. After that was removed, the game has been running just fine.
Good, I'm glad to know.
The PopBios Plugin It can help in games that only give the Black Screen problem, when activating PopBios with a BIOS already configured, I recommend the PSP's own BIOS at the root as .ROM, so wait for the game to enter a black screen and before it crashes completely , restart the game and that should work to get past BOOT PS.

The_Ho

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

Sorry, I didn't read the part you said about the American Ape Escape correctly, so the PAL version with LibCrypt is very difficult, it would require a very boring repair to do, but if you also have the American version as an option I think converting the game by putting GAME ID: SLUS 00748 will solve your problem and get the game running fine.

Deleted member 42501

Trophies
XP
Related post from another thread which may offer a solution to titles not working properly:

Important update : Taking the cue from a user's suggestion about Hokuto no Ken, I had the idea to try to change Dr.Slump! ID during the conversation from psx iso to eboot, and manually inserting SLPS01222 (actually the Resident Evil 2 [jap] ID) in the two specific sectors of PSX2PSP. Have a guess? Now the game works perfectly, using default, most recent, Pops and doesn't seem to freeze anymore. This is an incredible discovery, of which I am unable to give an explanation.
Why this ID and not another? Who knows...Fact is, it works.
Like these 2 titles, I believe others will work now using this ID.
I am waiting for others to verify this strange fact using their PSP 3000 models.

Note: I confirm that playing up to the running challenge with Akane the game never crashed.

Finally, now I have come to the past, through the "Time Slipper" invention, and I give final confirmation that I no longer encountered any problems. Hence any previous issues are solved.

The_Ho

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Related post from another thread which may offer a solution to titles not working properly:
Yes, it was like I said, the POps BIOS is Japanese and despite being FreeRegion and optimized it, together with the emulator, tends anyway to make Japanese games work better, when changing the ID it's like cheating the Pops algorithm for a Japanese game using an optimization of this emulation. It is not necessary to change the ID in both sectors.. in the Game ID and in the MainGameID.. just change the GameID.. so the save file internally will have the default ID, making it easier to use it for other means, if you keep changing the Main Game ID can cause future save game handling problems having to convert its Header with MemoryCardRex which doesn't always work...
And about the Pops PSP Bios you can test it using Mednafen which is very specific and requires certain exact Bios, otherwise the game doesn't work. Just take the PSP Bios and rename it to what Mednafen requires, if I'm not mistaken: SCPH5500 SCPH5501 SCPH5502 I don't remember if these are for sure.. but just renaming bios from all regions will work, without having to go after any specific BIOS in packages.

Last edited by The_Ho,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 90K it's fine lol