Hacking Emulation POPS on PSP/Vita - Config Research

OPPAI_DAISUKI

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
@OPPAI_DAISUKI

Hello, Could you share that configuration for Crusaders of Might and Magic? Since there are similar problems and a game from the same studio (3DO), it will probably work for those three games.

It could also be added to the configurations of the latest Pop Fe version.

The game Grudge Warriors also has some type of visual lag (it seems like frameskip) and it is also solved with set region and the same Game ID as Parasite Eve II JP SLPS-02480.

Thank you
im gonna try later this evening sir... after that fix i was able to finally enjoy the game hahaha...it was kinda hard... your magic can 1-hit-KO you...
Post automatically merged:

@Snowbro88 I have B-Movie and Beach Volleyball fixed as well.
Danger Girl sir do you have?....
Post automatically merged:

@OPPAI_DAISUKI

Hello, Could you share that configuration for Crusaders of Might and Magic? Since there are similar problems and a game from the same studio (3DO), it will probably work for those three games.

It could also be added to the configurations of the latest Pop Fe version.

The game Grudge Warriors also has some type of visual lag (it seems like frameskip) and it is also solved with set region and the same Game ID as Parasite Eve II JP SLPS-02480.

Thank you
here:
70 00 07 06 00 00 06 06 03 00 00 00 FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF F4 FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF 00 00 00 00 FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF 03 00 00 00 FF FF 00 00 FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 FF FF FF FF 03 00 00 00 FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF F4 FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF 00 00 00 00 FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF 03 00 00 00 FF FF 00 00 FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 FF FF FF FF

Last edited by OPPAI_DAISUKI,

Snowbro88

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
@ronniesahlberg Hello boss, since you have added support for the Yaroze game Magic Castle, I was wondering if it is possible to also add support for the conversion of the arcade game Tetris: The Grand Master to PS1? This unofficial port also includes CDDA audio and it would be interesting see how light it is when converting the tracks to AT3.

Here I leave you the link to the game archive, and the assets to create the eboot that I made on my own, the pic0 would be a bit redundant but anyway I leave you the game logo in PNG.

https://archive.org/download/tgm_20210207

https://mega.nz/file/e9ZG3KBQ#-u2nI0qi7sTTSG7G5oaS-1G7zSnjW3qrGHYPHt-Ji9o

@mrjaredbeta Hello boss, sorry for bothering but any news in the configs for the games on the list that you have fixed for adrenaline? I see that they have not yet been added to the Pop Fe configs.

Thanks to both.

Reactions: The_Ho

ronniesahlberg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
@ronniesahlberg Hello boss, since you have added support for the Yaroze game Magic Castle, I was wondering if it is possible to also add support for the conversion of the arcade game Tetris: The Grand Master to PS1? This unofficial port also includes CDDA audio and it would be interesting see how light it is when converting the tracks to AT3.

Here I leave you the link to the game archive, and the assets to create the eboot that I made on my own, the pic0 would be a bit redundant but anyway I leave you the game logo in PNG.

https://archive.org/download/tgm_20210207

https://mega.nz/file/e9ZG3KBQ#-u2nI0qi7sTTSG7G5oaS-1G7zSnjW3qrGHYPHt-Ji9o

@mrjaredbeta Hello boss, sorry for bothering but any news in the configs for the games on the list that you have fixed for adrenaline? I see that they have not yet been added to the Pop Fe configs.

Thanks to both.
Added. But I link pic0 and icon1 to the images on archive.org. Which is suboptimal since sometimes archive.org is VERY SLOW.

If you add an entry to launchbox-app.com and add the different assets there then I can link to there instead.
Magic Castle has an entry on launchbox so why not this game too?
https://gamesdb.launchbox-app.com/games/details/147225-magic-castle

Jayplay17

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Quick question guys, how do I know which region of the PSX bin/cue to get? Or does the region not matter because the compatibility patch from POP-Fe fixes the issues?

mrjaredbeta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, my bad. I got a little busy with things. I should be able to post what I have tonight (it is morning where I am now). :)

Jayplay17

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The resulting game gets the region of the cue/bin file you use. Which one to use it all up to you.
so you mean that it doesn't matter which PSX bin/cue region I pick, I'll still get the best compatibility patch fixes?

For example: Gran Turismo 2 I can use any region (PAL/NTSC/JAP) and once I convert it with POP-Fe, it'll apply the patch and the end result (EBOOT) performance will be the same no matter which region of GT2 I use?

Webardo

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
so you mean that it doesn't matter which PSX bin/cue region I pick, I'll still get the best compatibility patch fixes?

For example: Gran Turismo 2 I can use any region (PAL/NTSC/JAP) and once I convert it with POP-Fe, it'll apply the patch and the end result (EBOOT) performance will be the same no matter which region of GT2 I use?
It should, in theory at least. If you do experience any issues don't doubt to report them though (and remember that PAL region games run at 25/50fps, so it's possible that they are a bit slower/less smooth).

OPPAI_DAISUKI

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
It should, in theory at least. If you do experience any issues don't doubt to report them though (and remember that PAL region games run at 25/50fps, so it's possible that they are a bit slower/less smooth).
yup and you can also convert PAL games to NTSC via zapper2k although there's a PRO and CONS... PROS is 60hz and CONS is sometimes the screen is cut off BUT some games when i converted them their screen was the same with NTSC.. PLUS some PAL games are superior than NTSC.. like Colin Mcrae Rally 2/2.1 and Suikoden 1/2... even Hard Edge (if you dont like T.R.A.G Title)...

Jayplay17

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I know this isn't really the place to ask but I'm really lost.
How do I even run the POP-FE script?

I've installed python and am able to load python in my command terminal. But I've tried all sorts of commands and yet can't get the pop-fe to convert my cue into a PSP EBOOT. I keep getting syntax errors. Anyone have a quick guide? Python noob here .__. Thanks very much.

EDIT: lmao looks like i just had to open the Pop-fe-PSP.exe , the pop-fe.exe just doesn't load

Last edited by Jayplay17,

The_Ho

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
- So, I've been testing some games that can help fill out the compatibility list, all on 6.61 PSP. No cheats were used, almost every game had a guide used to save time, that is, I wasn't checking every corner of the game or trying to cause bugs, they were just straight from start to finish.

Mega Man Legends 2 (USA) > Finished, no major problems found.

Hokuto no Ken - Seikimatsu Kyūseishu Densetsu (USA) > Finished, no major problems found. Enabled all characters and also tested fight mode

Alundra 1 (USA) > Completed, no major problems found.

Digimon World 2003 (PAL) > Finished, no major problems found.

Bugs Bunny Lost in Time (USA) > Finished, no major problems found.

Street Fighter Alpha 2 / 3 (USA) > Finished with all characters including World Tour, no major problems encountered.

Ace Combat 3 - Electrosphere (Japan) > Finished, no major problems found.

The King of Fighters 95 / 96 / 97 / 98 / 99 (Japan) > Completed with all characters, no problems found.

Klonoa Door to Phantomile > Finished, no major problems found.

Gex 3: Deep Cover Gecko (USA) > Finished, no major problems found.

Legacy of Kain - Soul Reaver (USA) > Finished, no major problems found.

Mega Man 8 (USA) > Finished, no major problems found.

Jackie Chan Stunt Master (USA) > Finished, no major problems found, RIP patch needed to work, slowness found in some parts, subway really is the worst of them.

Legend of Legaia (USA) > Finished, no major problems found.

Capcom vs. SNK Pro (USA) > Completed with all characters, no problems found.

Samurai Spirits - Kenkaku Shinan Pack (Japan) > Completed with all characters, no problems found.

@Snowbro88

The Delta Force Urban WarFare game has this slowness normally, please check the video below, some emulators do not show the console's slowness because they use overclocking. I don't know if any configuration can improve this. Let's search :)

ronniesahlberg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
- So, I've been testing some games that can help fill out the compatibility list, all on 6.61 PSP. No cheats were used, almost every game had a guide used to save time, that is, I wasn't checking every corner of the game or trying to cause bugs, they were just straight from start to finish.

Hokuto no Ken - Seikimatsu Kyūseishu Densetsu (USA) > Finished, no major problems found. Enabled all characters and also tested fight mode

Alundra 1 (USA) > Completed, no major problems found.

Digimon World 2003 (PAL) > Finished, no major problems found.

Bugs Bunny Lost in Time (USA) > Finished, no major problems found.

Street Fighter Alpha 2 / 3 (USA) > Finished with all characters including World Tour, no major problems encountered.

Ace Combat 3 - Electrosphere (Japan) > Finished, no major problems found.

The King of Fighters 95 / 96 / 97 / 98 / 99 (Japan) > Completed with all characters, no problems found.

Klonoa Door to Phantomile > Finished, no major problems found.

Gex 3: Deep Cover Gecko (USA) > Finished, no major problems found.

Legacy of Kain - Soul Reaver (USA) > Finished, no major problems found.

Mega Man 8 (USA) > Finished, no major problems found.

Jackie Chan Stunt Master (USA) > Finished, no major problems found, RIP patch needed to work, slowness found in some parts, subway really is the worst of them.

Legend of Legaia (USA) > Finished, no major problems found.

Capcom vs. SNK Pro (USA) > Completed with all characters, no problems found.

Samurai Spirits - Kenkaku Shinan Pack (Japan) > Completed with all characters, no problems found.

@Snowbro88

The Delta Force Urban WarFare game has this slowness normally, please check the video below, some emulators do not show the console's slowness because they use overclocking. I don't know if any configuration can improve this. Let's search :)

Are you updating the game compat db and flag that these games have been verified to work from start to finish?

Jayplay17

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Thanks for all your work ! How was the underwater levels in Mega Man Legends 2?

Was it playable? I remember playing it on PS1 console and it can be quite slow

Reactions: The_Ho and Webardo

Webardo

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I only tested this yesterday on Sheep Raider (SLUS-01369), but bit 28 of command -1 did improve framerate beyond that of a PS1. You can test it in the show hub, which previously ran at 20fps, and now it hits 30fps, perhaps even more. I think it has some camera issues though, so it's better to try it on a personal basis.

Anyway, thanks for the reports there! By the way, did you play Ace Combat 3 with the english patch or any other language? That way we can know if the patch works fine on POPS.

Thanks for all your work ! How was the underwater levels in Mega Man Legends 2?

Was it playable? I remember playing it on PS1 console and it can be quite slow
Still laggy sadly :(. The most you can do to get past faster is get the underwater boots and hope the fishes don't blow you up.

OPPAI_DAISUKI

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines

can you share me sir your save file so i can test my test config if it works in this particular stage....im still at china town....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    light27 @ light27: and i was really REALLY bad at coding