Hacking Emulation POPS on PSP/Vita - Config Research

adrianbass360

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
played V-Rally 2 last night but i didnt see glitchy trees while im on TEST DRIVE/CAR mode... everything looks fine to me... and if there would be ill immediately saw it while playing some few stages and including the test car track... unlike TOCA 2 right at start of the race its noticeable... i hope we can also find a solution/fix for TOCA 2....

played V-Rally 2 last night but i didnt see glitchy trees while im on TEST DRIVE/CAR mode... everything looks fine to me... and if there would be ill immediately saw it while playing some few stages and including the test car track... unlike TOCA 2 right at start of the race its noticeable... i hope we can also find a solution/fix for TOCA 2....
I got my eboot from CDromance, so I prob should patch it myself. Thanks for checking!

Reactions: The_Ho

OPPAI_DAISUKI

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Another Question. Where can I find the actual configs lines I need to add to an Eboot to fix it? Can't find them the codes/fixes anywhere haha
whats the name of your application for hex editor?...if you used HxD... use CTRL+F and when your in Text String Search type the start game id of your PS1 game... either its _SLUS, _SLES, _SLPS, or _SLPM... and then when your at it... look for the left side where its starts and then drop down 2 offsets from it...
Offset(h) 00 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 0A 0B 0C 0D 0E 0F

00000400 5F 53 4C 45 53 5F 31 32 33 34 35 00 00 00 00 00 GAME ID
00000410 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
00000420 70 00 07 06 00 00 06 06 00 00 00 00 FF FF FF FF (THIS IS WHERE YOU START)

its should end to 520 on the left side... if your kinda hesitant if you done it wrong copy your eboot on your pc for backup...

Reactions: Webardo and The_Ho

adrianbass360

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I added the lines using hexed.it and V-Rally 2 US still glitches on Adrenaline haha. I converted the JP version of this game into an eboot, and also glitches =/. Trees look like parts of building until you get really close, then they turn into trees

The_Ho

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
So I added the lines using hexed.it and V-Rally 2 US still glitches on Adrenaline haha. I converted the JP version of this game into an eboot, and also glitches =/. Trees look like parts of building until you get really close, then they turn into trees
I tested V-Rally 2 US converted with pop-fe on my PSVita and everything is correct, I ran on tracks with lots of trees and everything was normal, the configuration worked perfectly.

If you are using De-Dither try converting an image without De-Dither to EBOOT.

OPPAI_DAISUKI

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I tested V-Rally 2 US converted with pop-fe on my PSVita and everything is correct, I ran on tracks with lots of trees and everything was normal, the configuration worked perfectly.

If you are using De-Dither try converting an image without De-Dither to EBOOT.
thats maybe the cause of it...because before the JPN i also used V-Rally 2 USA and it also run normally fine on my PSP...both games...

ronniesahlberg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
@ronniesahlberg It looks like Magic Castle (any version) is not convertable currently:
Code:
Need to create a temporary cue/bin pop-fe-psp-work/TMPCUEd1.cue pop-fe-psp-work/TMPIMGd1.bin
MD5 fingerprint a51941d8dcda81bd7d0ef11c7fd20d6f
Failed to read game id. Falling back to raw read
ID MAGICCAST
Exception in Tkinter callback
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "tkinter\__init__.py", line 1892, in __call__
  File "pop-fe-psp.py", line 379, in on_path_changed
  File "pop-fe-psp.py", line 206, in update_assets
  File "pop-fe.py", line 214, in get_game_from_gamelist
KeyError: 'MAGICCAST'

EDIT: As well as Delta Force: Urban Warfare (SLUS-01429).
Added entry for Magic Castle and pic0/1 assets

Snowbro88

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
@ronniesahlberg

Hello, as @Webardo comments, I had reported Delta Force in the issues section of Pop Fe's github but until now it is not recognized, a similar error also happens with the following games, I use redumps from archive org.

Welcome House (T-English) SLPS-00190
Super Bubble Pop SLUS-01528
Delta Force Urban Warfare SLUS-01429
Diablo SLUS-00619

Only this one was correctly recognized

Otenki Kororin Weather Tales SLPM-87047

By the way, in the case of Delta Force I'm not sure but I notice some visual lag, maybe that's how it works on the real console too, I think this game is one of the few cases that Sony uploaded as PS One Classic for PS3 but not for PSP due to the lack of the second analogue, it would be interesting if it worked better on PS Vita with a PS3 config.

Thanks boss.

ronniesahlberg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
@ronniesahlberg

Hello, as @Webardo comments, I had reported Delta Force in the issues section of Pop Fe's github but until now it is not recognized, a similar error also happens with the following games, I use redumps from archive org.

Welcome House (T-English) SLPS-00190
Super Bubble Pop SLUS-01528
Delta Force Urban Warfare SLUS-01429
Diablo SLUS-00619

Only this one was correctly recognized

Otenki Kororin Weather Tales SLPM-87047

By the way, in the case of Delta Force I'm not sure but I notice some visual lag, maybe that's how it works on the real console too, I think this game is one of the few cases that Sony uploaded as PS One Classic for PS3 but not for PSP due to the lack of the second analogue, it would be interesting if it worked better on PS Vita with a PS3 config.

Thanks boss.
I added those four a ittle while back. They should detect and work now.

mrjaredbeta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still going through @Snowbro88 ’s list, so a couple of notes:

- Blast Chamber and Bravo Air Race seem to run fine as far as I can tell
- Aladdin has those sound glitches, but they also exist in Disney’s The Emperor’s New Groove that was released on the PS Store. Vita’s config does not fix it, so unsure if it is fixable. Tried all of the “go to” fixes
- fixed a few more games

I will probably just upload what I have for now later tonight when I have some time!

Reactions: The_Ho and Webardo

Snowbro88

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I update the list with the problems of each game that I remember, I excluded the games that @mrjaredbeta has solved

Animorphs - Shattered Reality (USA), only the initial loading time is long, it also happens on PCSX, not sure if the same thing happens on real console
Attack of the Saucerman (Europe) (En,Fr,De,Es,It), I don't remember the problem well but on reddit they confirm that it doesn't work
B-Movie (Europe) (En,Es,It) [Invasion from Beyond (USA)], rendering problem
Beach Volleyball (Europe) (En,Fr,De,Es,It), long initial loading time
Blast Chamber (Europe) (En,Fr,De,Es,It), the European version does not work, the American version works correctly, there is no major problem
Bravo Air Race (USA) works correctly
Bubsy 3D - Furbitten Planet (USA) rendering issue
Delta Force Urban Warfare (USA) (En,Fr,Es), visual lag
Destruction Derby 2 (Europe), I remember it crashes
Disney Aladdin - Nasira's Revenge (Spain), sound problems
Dreams (Europe) (En,Fr,De,Es,It), the character "submerges" on the floor
Eggs of Steel - Charlie's Eggcellent Adventure (USA), black screen
Firo & Klawd (Spain), I remember crashes or graphic problems
Formula One 2001 (Europe) (Es,It)
Formula One 99 (Europe) (En,Es,Fi)
Formula One Arcade (Europe) (En,Fr,De,Es,It)
Granstream Saga, The (USA) works correctly
Invasion (Europe) (En,Fr,De,Es,It,Nl), I don't remember the problem well but it doesn't work
Iznogoud (Europe) (En,Fr,De,It,Nl), black screen
Need for Speed III - Hot Pursuit (Europe) (En,Fr,De,Es,It,Sv) without music
Next Tetris, The (USA), EUR or JP version work correctly
Pink Panther - Pinkadelic Pursuit (Europe) (En,Fr,De,Es,It), works properly
Puzznic (USA), without music
ReBoot (Spain), improves with Set Region and Game ID SLPS-02480 (Parasite Eve II JP) but audio problems remain
Red Asphalt (USA) works correctly
Saban's Power Rangers Zeo - Full Tilt Battle Pinball (USA) works correctly
Simpsons Wrestling, The (USA), audio problems
Spider - The Video Game (USA) works correctly
Steel Harbinger (USA) works correctly
Supersonic Racers (Europe) (En,Fr,De,Es,It) [Dare Devil Derby 3D (USA)], in theory it has lag
T'ai Fu - Wrath of the Tiger (USA), very long loading times after the intro
Time Commando (USA), rendering issue
Titan Wars (Europe), I remember something about the BIOS, it may be because of the pops themselves
WWF WrestleMania - The Arcade Game (USA), I don't remember the problem, it may work correctly

I have some more detected games that I fixed on my own with a change of region and Game ID such as Warriors of Might and Magic and World Destruction League Thunder Tanks that were also solved with the Game ID SLPS-02480, the same as Crusaders of Might and Magic, for example. If you are interested in look for a config.

Last edited by Snowbro88,

OPPAI_DAISUKI

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I update the list with the problems of each game that I remember, I excluded the games that @mrjaredbeta has solved

Animorphs - Shattered Reality (USA), only the initial loading time is long, it also happens on PCSX, not sure if the same thing happens on real console
Attack of the Saucerman (Europe) (En,Fr,De,Es,It), I don't remember the problem well but on reddit they confirm that it doesn't work
B-Movie (Europe) (En,Es,It) [Invasion from Beyond (USA)], rendering problem
Beach Volleyball (Europe) (En,Fr,De,Es,It), long initial loading time
Blast Chamber (Europe) (En,Fr,De,Es,It), the European version does not work, the American version works correctly, there is no major problem
Bravo Air Race (USA) works correctly
Bubsy 3D - Furbitten Planet (USA) rendering issue
Delta Force Urban Warfare (USA) (En,Fr,Es), visual lag
Destruction Derby 2 (Europe), I remember it crashes
Disney Aladdin - Nasira's Revenge (Spain), sound problems
Dreams (Europe) (En,Fr,De,Es,It), the character "submerges" on the floor
Eggs of Steel - Charlie's Eggcellent Adventure (USA), black screen
Firo & Klawd (Spain), I remember crashes or graphic problems
Formula One 2001 (Europe) (Es,It)
Formula One 99 (Europe) (En,Es,Fi)
Formula One Arcade (Europe) (En,Fr,De,Es,It)
Granstream Saga, The (USA) works correctly
Invasion (Europe) (En,Fr,De,Es,It,Nl), I don't remember the problem well but it doesn't work
Iznogoud (Europe) (En,Fr,De,It,Nl), black screen
Need for Speed III - Hot Pursuit (Europe) (En,Fr,De,Es,It,Sv) without music
Next Tetris, The (USA), EUR or JP version work correctly
Pink Panther - Pinkadelic Pursuit (Europe) (En,Fr,De,Es,It), works properly
Puzznic (USA), without music
ReBoot (Spain), improves with Set Region and Game ID SLPS-02480 (Parasite Eve II JP) but audio problems remain
Red Asphalt (USA) works correctly
Saban's Power Rangers Zeo - Full Tilt Battle Pinball (USA) works correctly
Simpsons Wrestling, The (USA), audio problems
Spider - The Video Game (USA) works correctly
Steel Harbinger (USA) works correctly
Supersonic Racers (Europe) (En,Fr,De,Es,It) [Dare Devil Derby 3D (USA)], in theory it has lag
T'ai Fu - Wrath of the Tiger (USA), very long loading times after the intro
Time Commando (USA), rendering issue
Titan Wars (Europe), I remember something about the BIOS, it may be because of the pops themselves
WWF WrestleMania - The Arcade Game (USA), I don't remember the problem, it may work correctly

I have some more detected games that I fixed on my own with a change of region and Game ID such as Warriors of Might and Magic and World Destruction League Thunder Tanks that were also solved with the Game ID SLPS-02480, the same as Crusaders of Might and Magic, for example. If you are interested in look for a config.
i have tested a config on Crusaders that you dont need to change id anymore sir....

Snowbro88

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
@OPPAI_DAISUKI

Hello, Could you share that configuration for Crusaders of Might and Magic? Since there are similar problems and a game from the same studio (3DO), it will probably work for those three games.

It could also be added to the configurations of the latest Pop Fe version.

The game Grudge Warriors also has some type of visual lag (it seems like frameskip) and it is also solved with set region and the same Game ID as Parasite Eve II JP SLPS-02480.

Thank you

Snowbro88

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
@Snowbro88 I have B-Movie and Beach Volleyball fixed as well.
Thanks boss, I will be waiting for the configs to be added to Pop Fe.

B Movie or Invasion from Beyond seems like a very good game to me as well, in retroarch it works well but I always prefer to play PS1 in adrenaline, it is much more stable.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/_NsOxG2zwWA?si=oK21qVNxgd98AyJT