Hacking Emulation POPS on PSP/Vita - Config Research

NoobCycle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
yes its 1.1 NTSC this one:
7000 0706 0000 0606 0200 0300 FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF 05FF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF 0000 0000 FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF 0000 FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF 0000 0000 0000 0000 FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF 0000 0000 0000 0000 FFFF FFFF 0200 0300 FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF 05FF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF 0000 0000 FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF 0000 FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF 0000 0000 0000 0000 FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF 0000 0000 0000 0000 FFFF FFFF
feel free to edit also if you ever found errors... when i tested it the battle starts more faster than the regular or no config eboot... and dont set FAST on loading...
Ok... Thanks for the quick reply @OPPAI_DAISUKI

The_Ho

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi my friends, this week has been heavy and I woke up late for work lol.

But I'm going to take a quick look here. But I accompany you during this time.

I was curious about Worms Armageddon, the cmd found in it that works on the Vita doesn't seem to have any effect on the PSP?... Just like changing Fear Effect discs.

This seems to me like something bigger than the emulator, not something that can be changed with settings,...... maybe... In fact Star Wars Episode 1 has these horrible glitches, maybe the game can't help it.

Me remembered Monkey Hero which also has severe graphical errors, where they improve a lot in POPs 3.10/11 but SFX sound fails intermittently.

Jackie Chan Stuntmaster is the game that made me lose my patience at the time to make it work from start to finish, requiring me to rip it to the SLUS file. (thanks here to the creator of PsxDec).

It does have some slowdowns, but I'm not so sensitive to that unless they are heavier, and during the train phase, my friends, it gets complicated, it's not unplayable but the little brakes are a bit of a hindrance, but at the time, as I had to test the RIP I finished the game 100% just like the report on the romance site.

About Tekken 3... a long time ago I played it with the Japanese ID SLPS01300. Although I can't find cmds for it now... I remember it seemed to make the game go faster. Big hug to everyone, Thank you and I'll try to test something this week...

@OPPAI_DAISUKI The tests you are performing with the FFIX Config are from the slps01222 Cmds? Otherwise, the config you use is that of the official FFIX @Webardo which was optimized in 0xFF... if I remember correctly.

OPPAI_DAISUKI

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Hi my friends, this week has been heavy and I woke up late for work lol.

But I'm going to take a quick look here. But I accompany you during this time.

I was curious about Worms Armageddon, the cmd found in it that works on the Vita doesn't seem to have any effect on the PSP?... Just like changing Fear Effect discs.

This seems to me like something bigger than the emulator, not something that can be changed with settings,...... maybe... In fact Star Wars Episode 1 has these horrible glitches, maybe the game can't help it.

Me remembered Monkey Hero which also has severe graphical errors, where they improve a lot in POPs 3.10/11 but SFX sound fails intermittently.

Jackie Chan Stuntmaster is the game that made me lose my patience at the time to make it work from start to finish, requiring me to rip it to the SLUS file. (thanks here to the creator of PsxDec).

It does have some slowdowns, but I'm not so sensitive to that unless they are heavier, and during the train phase, my friends, it gets complicated, it's not unplayable but the little brakes are a bit of a hindrance, but at the time, as I had to test the RIP I finished the game 100% just like the report on the romance site.

About Tekken 3... a long time ago I played it with the Japanese ID SLPS01300. Although I can't find cmds for it now... I remember it seemed to make the game go faster. Big hug to everyone, Thank you and I'll try to test something this week...

@OPPAI_DAISUKI The tests you are performing with the FFIX Config are from the slps01222 Cmds? Otherwise, the config you use is that of the official FFIX @Webardo which was optimized in 0xFF... if I remember correctly.
im curious now on jackie chan...how about config sir?...maybe a config can fix it?.. i have Tekken 3 the JPN version and i inserted your config of FF9 and it became a 60fps...i hope you can try this one and see for yourself even Hot Pursuit...
i really dont know exactly but i just followed your quick guide like changing it to 00, FF, 0A, 05,07 and 13..until i came up some working codes...hahaha i just noticed some familliar codes in a config and tried to change it...its easy for me to understand that way...
i do have free time now and im trying to find a code for Crusaders now sir...

Reactions: The_Ho

Webardo

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Indeed. Sony made a Vita only iteration of POPS, which has a few more settings. Worms Armageddon uses one of those Vita only settings, so the config wouldn't work on PSP. :(
As for Fear Effect, that may be because the Vita could have a different way of reading the other disc. The PSP is clearly doing something wrong...

At least it can work without crashing on Vita, unplayable due to graphics, but it's something.

Oh yeah, you did say before that SLPS-00587 fixed the crashing and sound issues. Graphics are still off, but a custom config could fix them.

I can't test this, but why don't you copy the Worms Armageddon config and try it on Jackie Chan? Perhaps it won't crash this way. Some settings will need to be added to adress the lag though.

Hmm, Tekken 3 has no config in the internal table. Here is a small sample of the game playing on PSP. It doesn't seem to have any lag, unless I'm missing something?

Yes, all I did in the end was add bit 5 of command -1 to the official config. I don't expect the official config of FFIX to be safe to use with other games because it uses a setting to mess with an address in the PS1's ROM.

Last edited by Webardo,

OPPAI_DAISUKI

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Indeed. Sony made a Vita only iteration of POPS, which has a few more settings. Worms Armageddon uses one of those Vita only settings, so the config wouldn't work on PSP. :(
As for Fear Effect, that may be because the Vita could have a different way of reading the other disc. The PSP is clearly doing something wrong...

At least it can work without crashing on Vita, unplayable due to graphics, but it's something.

Oh yeah, you did say before that SLPS-00587 fixed the crashing and sound issues. Graphics are still off, but a custom config could fix them.

I can't test this, but why don't you copy the Worms Armageddon config and try it on Jackie Chan? Perhaps it won't crash this way. Some settings will need to be added to adress the lag though.

Hmm, Tekken 3 has no config in the internal table. Here is a small sample of the game playing on PSP. It doesn't seem to have any lag, unless I'm missing something?

Yes, all I did in the end was add bit 5 of command -1 to the official config. I don't expect the official config of FFIX to be safe to use with other games because it uses a setting to mess with an address in the PS1's ROM.
here my video of Tekken 3 with config,,,
Post automatically merged:

is this the config of Worms sir?...
70 00 07 06 00 00 06 06 00 00 00 00 FF FF FF FF
FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FB FF FF
FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF
FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF 00 00 00 00
FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF 00 00
FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 FF FF FF FF 00 00 00 00
FF FB FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF
00 00 00 00 FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF
FF FF 00 00 FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF 00 00 00 00
FF FF FF FF 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 FF FF FF FF

Attachments

• 1.mp4
    40.2 MB

Webardo

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
is this the config of Worms sir?...
70 00 07 06 00 00 06 06 00 00 00 00 FF FF FF FF
FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FB FF FF
FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF 00 00 00 00
FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF 00 00
FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 FF FF FF FF 00 00 00 00
FF FB FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF
FF FF 00 00 FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF 00 00 00 00
FF FF FF FF 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 FF FF FF FF
Yes, that's it. Do note that it'll only work on Vita however, not on PSP.

Now, are you playing the PAL version? In that case, it's quite interesting that you got it to the proper speed. Nice work!

mrjaredbeta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, it is nice to see someone who holds the controller the same way as I do when playing Tekken. You're really pulling off those combos!

Now, are you playing the PAL version? In that case, it's quite interesting that you got it to the proper speed. Nice work!
I believe it is the Japanese version. I would have to agree with you, I think gameplay should be same speed with or without any config as shown in the Digital Foundry video.

Reactions: The_Ho and Webardo

OPPAI_DAISUKI

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Yes, that's it. Do note that it'll only work on Vita however, not on PSP.

no its not PAL sir its JPN/NTSC version

Wow, it is nice to see someone who holds the controller the same way as I do when playing Tekken. You're really pulling off those combos!

I believe it is the Japanese version. I would have to agree with you, I think gameplay should be same speed with or without any config as shown in the Digital Foundry video.
remember anyone who have played Tekken since Tekken 2 or 3 already memorized how they hold the controller hahaha.... its not even 1 2 3 or 4 its Square, Triangle, Circle and X/Cross...thats how we read and practice moves back then... NOT 1,2,3,4 or 1+2 3+4....

Last edited by OPPAI_DAISUKI,

rafaelia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Reporting a problem with Parasite Eve 2 US using Digimon 2003 config
Game wont load saves from memory card :cry:
It's a shame because transition times seem greatly improved

Last edited by rafaelia,

OPPAI_DAISUKI

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Reporting a problem with Parasite Eve 2 US using Digimon 2003 config
Game wont load saves from memory card :cry:
It's a shame because transition times seem greatly improved
remember some configs dont work well on other games... while other works fines.... here is my experimented config for PE 2...
then set the loading to NORMAL..as sometimes when viewing MAP it glitches...
7000 0706 0000 0606 0000 0000 FFFF FFFF EE00 0000 FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF 0500 0000 FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF 0000 0000 FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF 0000 FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF 0000 0000 0000 0000 FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF 0000 0000 0000 0000 FFFF FFFF 0000 0000 FFFF FFFF EE00 0000 FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF 0500 0000 FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF 0000 0000 FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF 0000 FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF 0000 0000 0000 0000 FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF 0000 0000 0000 0000 FFFF FFFF

Hi sir!!! @The_Ho @Webardo i manage to find a config that works on Jackie Chan... try this: (you still need to set FAST)
7000 0706 0000 0606 0500 0300 FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF 07FF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF 0000 0000 FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF 0000 FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF 0000 0000 0000 0000 FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF 0000 0000 0000 0000 FFFF FFFF 0500 0300 FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF 07FF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF 0000 0000 FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF 0000 FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF 0000 0000 0000 0000 FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF 0000 0000 0000 0000 FFFF FFFF
the only part that is missing are the FMVs... and i noticed when i tested the PAL Jackie Chan...the title screen looks better than the NTSC hahaha... i wonder if we can port that or change the NTSC title to PAL Title Screen..

• Love

Webardo

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hi sir!!! @The_Ho @Webardo i manage to find a config that works on Jackie Chan... try this: (you still need to set FAST)
7000 0706 0000 0606 0500 0300 FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF 07FF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF 0000 0000 FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF 0000 FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF 0000 0000 0000 0000 FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF 0000 0000 0000 0000 FFFF FFFF 0500 0300 FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF 07FF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF 0000 0000 FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF 0000 FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF 0000 0000 0000 0000 FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF 0000 0000 0000 0000 FFFF FFFF
the only part that is missing are the FMVs... and i noticed when i tested the PAL Jackie Chan...the title screen looks better than the NTSC hahaha... i wonder if we can port that or change the NTSC title to PAL Title Screen..
I'm sorry, I couldn't test it yet. Does it improve the performance?

OPPAI_DAISUKI

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I'm sorry, I couldn't test it yet. Does it improve the performance?
yes sir!!! there's no slowdown at the start where you go to China Town First Stage and then the slide at the roof top and truck chase no slowdown sir... the only thing now is missing is fixing the fmv part sirs.... and we finally have a complete working Jackie Chan Stuntmaster...though you still need to set loading to FAST for "NOW LOADING SCREEN"

i tested my config of Jackie to NFS Porsche Unleashed and High Stakes they worked and also stabilized the speed of the car which is FREAKING AWESOME!!!! HAHAHHAA.. im gonna try Crusaders again and im curious on GT2 as when i tested it the intermission of car list loads so fast and skips... but the speed of the car is also fast same feeling with the config... i tested it on Combined Disc available in CDRomance..

mrjaredbeta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, just uploaded a slew of configs on the other thread, including an experimental config and patch for Star Wars: Episode I: The Phantom Menace!

PPF was made by kozarovv! Many thanks to him! Config right now fixes SPU related issues for Vita, but PSP needs another fix. The good news is the PPF should also work for PSP and fix its graphical issues, but a solution for the SPU issues still needs to be found.

Webardo

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
yes sir!!! there's no slowdown at the start where you go to China Town First Stage and then the slide at the roof top and truck chase no slowdown sir... the only thing now is missing is fixing the fmv part sirs.... and we finally have a complete working Jackie Chan Stuntmaster...though you still need to set loading to FAST for "NOW LOADING SCREEN"
Well, seeing as a few games that needed the disc speed set to fast to work got fixed with command 0x04, it should be a simple edit to the config to not have to change the disc speed.

i tested my config of Jackie to NFS Porsche Unleashed and High Stakes they worked and also stabilized the speed of the car which is FREAKING AWESOME!!!! HAHAHHAA.. im gonna try Crusaders again and im curious on GT2 as when i tested it the intermission of car list loads so fast and skips... but the speed of the car is also fast same feeling with the config... i tested it on Combined Disc available in CDRomance..
It appears you're either increasing the CD read speed or seek time (perhaps both?). Don't forget that although most games will be fine with it and will show a nice improvement in load times, some others may break completely when timings change in such a drastic way. Use this with due discretion. :)

Hey guys, just uploaded a slew of configs on the other thread, including an experimental config and patch for Star Wars: Episode I: The Phantom Menace!

PPF was made by kozarovv! Many thanks to him! Config right now fixes SPU related issues for Vita, but PSP needs another fix. The good news is the PPF should also work for PSP and fix its graphical issues, but a solution for the SPU issues still needs to be found.
Amazing! So, the reason the game didn't work is because of SPU trouble? I'm seeing that about two dozen of the new configs use only the SPU bits from command 0x1E. Not sure if that means it is less good than the emulation on PSP, or more versatile all around.

PS: I'm up to Myst by now, so I'm halfway there with the backports by now. ;)

mrjaredbeta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Amazing! So, the reason the game didn't work is because of SPU trouble? I'm seeing that about two dozen of the new configs use only the SPU bits from command 0x1E. Not sure if that means it is less good than the emulation on PSP, or more versatile all around.
Pretty much. The freezing issue is due to SPU emulation, and seems to affect PSP and Vita albeit a little differently. The major graphical corruption issue is completely different and caused from scratchpad addressing not working correctly.

PS: I'm up to Myst by now, so I'm halfway there with the backports by now.
Nice! Looking forward to seeing all those in the database. :)

Reactions: The_Ho and Webardo

The_Ho

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I've been deleting all the PSN games I have taking up space on my storage, with the new fix method, they're completely useless imo, I stopped to take a look and a good majority of the PSN games have problems that have already been fixed here. .

Loading faults, Graphics, Crashes, Speed mainly. It's a shame that Sony released and charged for games of this quality.

Another notable thing is the greater attention to making the Eastern versions better than the Western ones where many came with missing cmds with an obvious unwillingness to do it right.

Even Western Final Fantasy VII has problems with random crashes in one part of the game.

This makes me think that almost every game released on PSN has problems. But the emulator was already capable of circumventing what was proven by Sony itself in eastern versions, it was not done out of sheer carelessness.

I remember at the time thousands of people asking on forums if the PSN versions of games had problems, most people responded that they were official ports, so they were problem-free, what a big mistake...

OPPAI_DAISUKI

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I've been deleting all the PSN games I have taking up space on my storage, with the new fix method, they're completely useless imo, I stopped to take a look and a good majority of the PSN games have problems that have already been fixed here. .

Loading faults, Graphics, Crashes, Speed mainly. It's a shame that Sony released and charged for games of this quality.

Another notable thing is the greater attention to making the Eastern versions better than the Western ones where many came with missing cmds with an obvious unwillingness to do it right.

Even Western Final Fantasy VII has problems with random crashes in one part of the game.

This makes me think that almost every game released on PSN has problems. But the emulator was already capable of circumventing what was proven by Sony itself in eastern versions, it was not done out of sheer carelessness.

I remember at the time thousands of people asking on forums if the PSN versions of games had problems, most people responded that they were official ports, so they were problem-free, what a big mistake...
i already do that sir..i deleted some of my PSN PS1 Eboots in my PSP as...now that i learned about configs made custom PS1 Eboot with configs are far superiors...although i still remain Crash Bandicoot 1 2 and 3 and then Dino Crisis 1 and 2...their fine and also Vanguard Bandits...maybe if i get far enough and see some slowdown that will be the time to replace them...and yeah thats what ive thought also sony still didnt do they their job well...

Reactions: Webardo and The_Ho

Snowbro88

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hello, thank you all for your incredible contributions, in the last 2 weeks I began to convert many games, especially with audio tracks, it was incredible how light they turned out.

I also wanted to tell you if a config is possible for these 3 3DO studio games, Crusaders of Might and Magic, Warriors of Might and Magic and World Destruction League Thunder Tanks, all 3 were solved with PSX2PSP changing region to JP and Game ID to Parasite Eve II JP (SLPS-02480), it would be great if the settings were available for all regional versions and specific languages for example Spanish.

And I am another one who is also interested in a definitive fix for Need for Speed III Hot Pursuit, it would be great if it worked without lag and with music.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu