• Total voters

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Yes I think it should be allowed. It's not that I think that such a relationship would be easy, but if someone can get it to work what's to stop them from doing so? Silly rules which more or less serves no purpose?

On a personal note though, polygamy does not interest me.

Sefi

Trophies
XP
Country
I don't have a problem with it. As long as everybody involved can give their consent, but that goes for any kind of marriage.

Are there any women out there married to several men? It always is a guy with multiple women for some reason whenever it comes into the news or spotlight.

AbyssalMonkey

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I don't think a man would ever do that though. In nature, animals such as moose (maybe elk? whatever, some horned animal) along with seals are polygamous with a single male interacting with many females. Due to how protective men are, I'd wager to guess humans fall into the same category of animals and would much rather fight over the flock of females than share them. Damn, how degrading is that, I just called myself an animal.

narutofan777

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
idc.."alpha males" game girls so easy...so wat difference does it make? they have u kno wat weekly with different girls...lol. they r that good. D:

exangel

executioner angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Polyamory is fine, as it's really no one's business if consenting adults are happy swinging that way.
Not reading any of the rest of the thread, I'm sure others have already said it, the government really shouldn't be obligated to recognize polygamous marriage from a taxation standpoint and from the standpoint of the appropriate level of separation between church and state (since it would be damn near certain that it would be religious individuals arguing for this right).
Whether or not someone wants to have multiple spouses simultaneously doesn't even matter if it's for religious reasons or not, bottom line is that this choice should only be made by individuals who are prepared to support all their spouses independently of the law.

I didn't vote in the poll because none of the choices fit me. I'm not on the fence and I'm all for polyamory for those who are in such situations where it's okay with everyone. One of my best friends has been married for 7 years or so now, and they won't have children. They are polyamorous but it took them a couple years to adjust and be open about it, and I'm happy for them.

I'm against involving the government and government resources in approving formal polygamous marriage and the benefits it would entail.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't vote in the poll because none of the choices fit me. I'm all for polyamory for those who are in such situations where it's okay with everyone.
"Yes. Consenting adults should have the choice." Isn't close enough?
One of my best friends has been married for 7 years or so now, and they won't have children. They are polyamorous but it took them a couple years to adjust and be open about it, and I'm happy for them.
Mind if I ask, are they certainly in polyamory relationship and is it mfm or fmf?

exangel

executioner angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Yes. Consenting adults should have the choice." Isn't close enough?

Mind if I ask, are they certainly in polyamory relationship and is it mfm or fmf?

1) "Yes" would have implied that I was okay with polygamy too, wouldn't it?

2) I haven't asked them who all they're sleeping with aside from each other, I was only told about their relationship a few years ago by the husband (who was the reluctant spouse at first) and I was more under the impression that they don't necessarily do their swinging in groups as your question suggests. More of an "open relationship" deal, he said that she suggested to him "We've been together a few years, and we trust each other and love each other, and why stop at just us? There's room for more love." They talked about it for a year before he was even willing to try anything, and he didn't have a problem with her doing it. He just had to practice at his share of the bargain. It isn't just swinging to them, it's being okay with really loving people other than each other and they aren't the only couple I know who do this either.. just the only heterosexual couple I am aware of who are this committed and fair minded about it. I also know a lesbian who has been polyamorous for years but she finally married her wife earlier this year. Haven't asked if that put a lid on it, but it seems unlikely that she'd marry a woman who was against it as this was her lifestyle for her adult life.

Sop

groovy dude lmao
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
I think it's alright. Adults should be mature enough to decide if they want to be in a relationship.

me on the other hand i couldn't

because im immature as fuck

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
from what i understood, in most cases of polygamy, at least one's ending up hurt eventually. its like people who switch into an 'open marriage'. only one person is usually happy with it, the other just goes along because they hope things will work out, which they usually wont.

polyamory on the other hand, well, not that it wouldnt lead to pain too, but i believe it to be much more natural and ok than the other. we're pretty much born into this world automatically loving two people at least. it becomes a problem when people become idiots and believe they can only love one person and dismiss the earlier love automatically, because its the one that feels less intense at the moment of second love.

the world's complicated and i'm sure theres a few thousand people who'd do great together in a poly relationship. but chances are against them finding each other easily.

D

Dork

I have a hard time believing that there are actually people, whether they be straight, gay, trans, etc, who are genuinely 100% okay with having their sexual/emotional partner go off and give that attention to someone else.

I mean if one person doesn't satisfy you in a relationship, how many will?

EDIT: Nevermind this thread was necro'd for some fucking reason and I didn't read the dates before it was too late.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have a hard time believing that there are actually people, whether they be straight, gay, trans, etc, who are genuinely 100% okay with having their sexual/emotional partner go off and give that attention to someone else.

I mean if one person doesn't satisfy you in a relationship, how many will?

For the right people is it any different to having your a significant other go off down the pub with their mates or go do sports without you for several hours a week? Once upon a time it might have been more tricky when you had pregnancy and disease to consider but modern medicine science can reduce that to a near nonexistent worry.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att is displaying prices like it's an ingredients list now lol