Poll: Your thoughts on the Switch

359211-switch-thoughts.png

As the day of the Nintendo Switch conference and hands-on impressions draws to a close and the beans have been thoroughly spilled, we want to ask you - what do you think?

What are your impressions on the overall unveiling of the Switch given the pricing, games and hardware capabilities? Will you be Switching? Perhaps you've already pre-ordered one.

Vote in the poll and let us know! And be sure to share your comments in the thread below.

:switch:

KingBlank

King of Nothing
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
If you prefer motion controls to standard controller gaming, you are probably hyped for the switch. For the handful of games that did motion controls right (Metroid Prime Trilogy being my favorite) kudos to them. But the fact of the matter is motion controls is not the immediate future of game consoles and holds less appeal to avid xbox and playstation gamers. Casual games are nintendo's theme. Hardcore gaming is to be had on PC Xbox One and PS4.

Correction, Hardcore gaming is limited to PC, console gaming is the middle ground between mobile gaming and PC gaming, neither hardcore nor casual.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No vote for me. Just wait and see how 3rd party support is going... permanent or temporarily is my mainly concern. :)

$300 is insane already.
Plus online money.
No way i'm buying this thing.
I hope they don't cancel the 3ds soon.

What do you mean ? PS4 price is insane too but for a good reason because of 3rd party. I hope this is the same thing for Nintendo Switch.

Reactions: Deleted User

stl25

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pogo-Ball.jpg kraftpetrock1.jpg vg.consoles.01.lg.jpg

Jury is still out on the Switch until we give it a chance to WOW us with games. Even then I will need someone to boast to me as I am not buying the Switch until it is the talk of these forums.

Last edited by stl25,

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Correction, Hardcore gaming is limited to PC, console gaming is the middle ground between mobile gaming and PC gaming, neither hardcore nor casual.
There's no such thing as a hardcore gamer. Similarly, there are people who watch movies as a hobby and those that occasionally see one on TV to kill time - that doesn't make them "casual cinema snobs", that's some weird oxymoron. There are simply gamers, with various platforms of choice, who love to game, and non-gamers that play Angry Birds during their daily commute because 45 minutes is a long stretch of time if all you're doing is staring at the seat in front of you.

OliverWinstontin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Reggie addressed Metroid and Mother 3 today. Metroid sounds like something might be in the works. Reggie said that even though while Iwata was involved with Mother 3 they don't actually own the IP so it isn't up to them.

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
I'm so sour from hearing people constantly piss and moan about the lack of an official English M3 release everywhere that I don't even want one myself anymore.

ill have you know you have to play in Japanese... the switch is region free right... who said anything about English

Reggie addressed Metroid and Mother 3 today. Metroid sounds like something might be in the works. Reggie said that even though while Iwata was involved with Mother 3 they don't actually own the IP so it isn't up to them.

im throwing all this money on my screen but no one wants it.

Last edited by Flame,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr