• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

gameboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I been hearing bad things about EA's Anthem for PC/PS/XB, not only of the gameplay but mostly of the horrible cash grab its gonna bring. Its sounding like the game was built solely on microtransactions ala Star Wars. Me personally, i was a bit excited because I like 3rd person shooters but not anymore. Im wondering what the GBAtemp community thinks.

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't answer the poll until after the public demo starting this Friday. Although my best guess would be no. I don't like Destiny 1 or 2, Warframe, or any similar games. It appears to me more like those titles and not like Vanquish (which I enjoyed quite a bit).

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still on the fence... I was part of the alpha test and enjoyed that but the rubber-banding was a little troubling. The first person perspective of the hub was also a little jarring compared to the 3rd person gameplay. I’ve been sitting on $60 in store credit for it but am tempted by the Tales of Vesperia remaster as well...

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I am with Chary on the modern EA game thing. They are not quite as high on my "don't buy unless absolutely necessary" list as Sony -- Sony are actively arseholes, EA are just woefully incompetent.

Saw some footage of the demo/alpha. Looks like a buggy mess but could just be the alpha/demo build (bit close to launch but eh maybe it was a parallel build). Most people speaking on it that played it make it sound like a decent flying around mechanic but the rest leaves a lot to be desired. I would like to play with the flying for half an hour but as far as the game goes I am in no way, shape or form excited for it. Said demo seems to be repeatedly mentioning simple missions, no interesting encounters (random spawn of a group sort of thing) and bosses just being bullet sponges and expect more than that -- even phantasy star online did better than that.

If it is EA's great hope then looks like we will be toasting another fallen giant in the near future. There is nothing inside me remotely excited for this and will probably end up consigning it to the list of games that exist, no need to have played or otherwise know about, and no shame if you are trying to tell me about your love of games and being in that position.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 🚽 [flush] [walks in without washing my hands] Hi guys 👋 :)