Homebrew pokeSlow - Gen 1 Virtual Console Pokemon Editor

Uziskull

Picture may not be real
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
6) clicking the attack that finally works will lower enemy health to red and burns him. This means the glitch works.
7) switch to any pokemon (I use mankey). you wont get hurt, for some reason glitch shit happens and the pokemon will be called trainer mew with some #'s.
8) the enemy will be frozen solid! though it has burn effect and will die.
9) when the burn takes effect, the health bar expands, go to full health and dies slowly.
As someone who knows all discovered R/B/Y glitches by heart (GlitchCity forums used to be a homepage for me), I can assure you that is no new glitch. You triggered a glitch nicknamed "Super Glitch", caused by using certain glitch moves, such as "--" and "TM05" (actual attack name, not the technical machine itself). It's easily recognizable by it's distinct effect of burning and freezing the opponent, boosting up its HP and killing it very slowly with a burn, and also filling your party with junk, glitched up Pokémon.

All technicalities aside, that glitch is not new, and it can (and will) corrupt your game if you save. Hell, there've been reports of it corrupting the game even without saving. Stuff of nightmares.
Keep away from glitches like those (same for the ZZAZZ glitch), it can break your VC game. I've corrupted my Pokémon Yellow VC save 3 times already.

zaksabeast

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As someone who knows all discovered R/B/Y glitches by heart (GlitchCity forums used to be a homepage for me), I can assure you that is no new glitch. You triggered a glitch nicknamed "Super Glitch", caused by using certain glitch moves, such as "--" and "TM05" (actual attack name, not the technical machine itself). It's easily recognizable by it's distinct effect of burning and freezing the opponent, boosting up its HP and killing it very slowly with a burn, and also filling your party with junk, glitched up Pokémon.

All technicalities aside, that glitch is not new, and it can (and will) corrupt your game if you save. Hell, there've been reports of it corrupting the game even without saving. Stuff of nightmares.
Keep away from glitches like those (same for the ZZAZZ glitch), it can break your VC game. I've corrupted my Pokémon Yellow VC save 3 times already.

Thank you. You seem to know a lot about glitches, and I appreciate you sharing your knowledge.

Since you explained you changed a Pidgey into a Slowpoke by editing its identifier value (0x24 to 0x25), does that mean we can also change that value ourselves? Or do you have a list of Pokémon limiting us to only those values?
One of the things I always have on my R/B/Y cartridges is a live GlitchDex (gen 1 glitched Pokémon ftw), and because of that I like my identifier values to be well over the normal values :P

I just added a new feature to import a Gen 1 .pkm file into the save. :) This was intended to be able to import the attached Mew file in the main post. However, it can be used to import your glitch dex, provided you have the Gen 1 .pkm on hand (and know which glitches to avoid). Make sure to rename the Pokemon file to "pokemon.pkm" and place it on your SD card at "/pk/bank/" before running the command.

Have fun! :D

Reactions: Uziskull

zaksabeast

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nothing is sticking to any pokemon I modify like no mew no moves no lvl nothing

Thank you very much for bringing this to my attention, as I wish someone would have sooner. I'm not sure what happened between my debug code and release code, but for the moment, I've reverted the download back to pokeSlow-v1.1.0. Grabbing that file will be able to edit the Pokemon properly.

Be warned of two things: Only inject the Mew file once, and editing Mew has some restrictions.

Besides that, I've just got done testing everything, and it works great. I now have a level 15 Chansey, max IVs and EVs, with the attacks Metronome, Hyperfang, Double Kick, and Dragon Rage.

Thank you again, and have fun! :)

Reactions: Boysbigbig

Boysbigbig

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you very much for bringing this to my attention, as I wish someone would have sooner. I'm not sure what happened between my debug code and release code, but for the moment, I've reverted the download back to pokeSlow-v1.1.0. Grabbing that file will be able to edit the Pokemon properly.

Be warned of two things: Only inject the Mew file once, and editing Mew has some restrictions.

Besides that, I've just got done testing everything, and it works great. I now have a level 15 Chansey, max IVs and EVs, with the attacks Metronome, Hyperfang, Double Kick, and Dragon Rage.

Thank you again, and have fun! :)

Np I just thought it was me lol and thank you so much

Midgetgirl05

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So....just so I'm clear.

I can have my flying surfing Pikachu this way in Yellow if I use this carefully enough? :-D

(Or even give myself the last 2 team members I want prior to being able to get them in game >_<)

I'm looking to put in Lapras and Dratini.
Possibly the fossil OTHER than Kabuto, and 2 other eevees to have the trio?

I want to do a living dex in my Yellow file. :-/ No idea how to
Go about it the best way.

zaksabeast

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So....just so I'm clear.

I can have my flying surfing Pikachu this way in Yellow if I use this carefully enough? :-D

(Or even give myself the last 2 team members I want prior to being able to get them in game >_<)

I'm looking to put in Lapras and Dratini.
Possibly the fossil OTHER than Kabuto, and 2 other eevees to have the trio?

I want to do a living dex in my Yellow file. :-/ No idea how to
Go about it the best way.

That is correct! I'm off to bed now, but thought I'd show you it's possible. The Pokemon need to be in PHBankGB to edit them, so I just caught two Pidgey really fast to add to my first, put them in PHBankGB, edited them to be a Flying, Surfing Pikachu, Dratini, and Eevee, as well as changed their levels.

Attached are pictures showing off Pikachu with his new moves, as well as the current party on this new save!

Edit: Already had one Pidgey from before.

pokeSlowScreenshot1.jpg
pokeSlowScreenshot2.jpg

Last edited by zaksabeast,

Boysbigbig

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That is correct! I'm off to bed now, but thought I'd show you it's possible. The Pokemon need to be in PHBankGB to edit them, so I just caught two Pidgey really fast to add to my first, put them in PHBankGB, edited them to be a Flying, Surfing Pikachu, Dratini, and Eevee, as well as changed their levels.

Attached are pictures showing off Pikachu with his new moves, as well as the current party on this new save!

Edit: Already had one Pidgey from before.

View attachment 52442
View attachment 52443

Real quick let's say I change a pidgey to Pikachu do you think when sun and moon comes out it will detect I didn't get that Pikachu at route 3 or something? Also if I catch it with Master balls do you think that matters at all?

zaksabeast

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Real quick let's say I change a pidgey to Pikachu do you think when sun and moon comes out it will detect I didn't get that Pikachu at route 3 or something? Also if I catch it with Master balls do you think that matters at all?

The Pokeball used to catch Pokemon in Generation 1 wasn't recorded, and neither was the level met, location caught, etc.

As far as I'm aware, as long as the species has a legal moveset for those games and is at the correct level for its moves, as well as an obtainable level in the game, you shouldn't have an issue.

You can check out what gets recorded in a Gen 1 Pokemon File here.

N64

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
disclaimer: i haven't installed it yet. two questions: 1) any chance you'll support exporting pkm files? 2) is the pkm format the same one as pikasav's format? (i'm assuming it is)

thanks

zaksabeast

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
disclaimer: i haven't installed it yet. two questions: 1) any chance you'll support exporting pkm files? 2) is the pkm format the same one as pikasav's format? (i'm assuming it is)

thanks

I don't believe I'll support exporting a Pokemon. This project was purely just something to distract me from a few things going on and to add a bit of fun to the game while on the go. Since I can take my DS on the go, there was no reason to export Pokemon to my computer or phone, since my DS is already portable.

I'm not sure what Pikasav's exporting format is, but to import a Pokemon into your game, it's just the 33 byte data of box Pokemon. To find it from something like Pikasav, just export the Pokemon as normal, then (if the Pokemon is over 33 bytes) use a hex editor to grab the information found on this page and save it as the Pokemon you wish to import.

N64

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't believe I'll support exporting a Pokemon. This project was purely just something to distract me from a few things going on and to add a bit of fun to the game while on the go. Since I can take my DS on the go, there was no reason to export Pokemon to my computer or phone, since my DS is already portable.

I'm not sure what Pikasav's exporting format is, but to import a Pokemon into your game, it's just the 33 byte data of box Pokemon. To find it from something like Pikasav, just export the Pokemon as normal, then (if the Pokemon is over 33 bytes) use a hex editor to grab the information found on this page and save it as the Pokemon you wish to import.

pikasav box files are 56 bytes, so i'll just assume it won't work with it. attached is a boxed bulbasaur in pikasav's export format (note the party format in that program was larger than box format)

here's source https://github.com/xJakub/PikaSav

Attachments

• bulbasaur.zip
    212 bytes · Views: 207

Midgetgirl05

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I'm kinda confused on the "PHBankGB"

I can't figure out what that is. I have been so brain dead the past few months >.< They keep messing with my meds lol

SciresM

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're going to allow importing/exporting, I'd highly recommend the .pk1 format I'm trying to standardize with Rhydon -- it's a pokemon_list of capacity 1.

zaksabeast

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're going to allow importing/exporting, I'd highly recommend the .pk1 format I'm trying to standardize with Rhydon -- it's a pokemon_list of capacity 1.

Thank you for telling me this. Part of the problem is that there doesn't seem to be a standard .pk1 format, so the fact that you're taking the initiative to create one is pretty awesome. I definitely enjoy Rhydon's "PKHeX-like" interface much more than the other two I've used, so this seems like a good option. The other problem is that I didn't see much of a point for importing and exporting at first, but within some of the comments in this thread, maybe it is something with more use than I see.

Since you want to make a standard, I think it would be fun to include importing/exporting sometime, however my current time dictates that I won't know when that's possible. Still, it is now a hope.

Again, thank you. :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, Lol K3N1.