Chase-san

OP
Trophies
Website
www.csdgn.org
XP
Country
United States
maybe some basic item editing in 9... since people seem to want those. Also I have noticed the fairly poor performance and responsiveness of the japanese keyboard, and I have gone to great lengths to fix it for the next release. I have rewritten the rendering subsystem for the bottom screen so that is only draws and checks clicks etc when one has been queued (touchscreen tap, hardware button press, etc).

Keeping something pressed will make it act as it did before, but most people do not hold down buttons while idling editing so it should be okay. This should also reduce the bugs.
smile.gif

I haven't edited the top screens rendering but I could probably drop its draw rate down to like 15 or 7.5 frames a second by tacking on a few extra vframe syncs when bottom screen is idle. This also means the program will use a great deal less power.

So instead of rendering 60 frames a second like it tries to now, it would instead only do that when you do something, otherwise it will only render the top screens 30 (or 15 or 7.5 as stated before), so 60 render passes vs about 8, which one uses less power, hrm?

da_GOD

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Oh and by the way chase-san, when u edit moves, the list given is alphabetical but some moves are missing, it only stops at water spout, so any other move which is spelt after "water spout" is missing, lyk whirpool for example.

MissingNo._

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Chase-san said:
[BnC said:
Mitchell]
Wasn't there another PokeSav NDS project going by some other guy but just really never started off?
unsure.gif

Uhm yeah, that was me as well. Whoops.
smile.gif

Yoou used to have a Shadow avatar? Because the OP of that topic used to have one. But I can't find it :/

da_GOD said:
Awesome! Jus when I wanted to change my name cuz the hgss pokesav on the computer changed my name to ??? It came at jus the rite time man. U R awesome hw do u do it in such a short time with homework? Do u even hav homework to begin with?

I'm not sure. Try lookING AT HIS PROFILE.
dry.gif

QUOTE(Chase-san @ Oct 11 2009, 10:37 PM) maybe some basic item editing in 9... since people seem to want those. Also I have noticed the fairly poor performance and responsiveness of the japanese keyboard, and I have gone to great lengths to fix it for the next release. I have rewritten the rendering subsystem for the bottom screen so that is only draws and checks clicks etc when one has been queued (touchscreen tap, hardware button press, etc).

Keeping something pressed will make it act as it did before, but most people do not hold down buttons while idling editing so it should be okay. This should also reduce the bugs.
smile.gif

I haven't edited the top screens rendering but I could probably drop its draw rate down to like 15 or 7.5 frames a second by tacking on a few extra vframe syncs when bottom screen is idle. This also means the program will use a great deal less power.

So instead of rendering 60 frames a second like it tries to now, it would instead only do that when you do something, otherwise it will only render the top screens 30 (or 15 or 7.5 as stated before), so 60 render passes vs about 8, which one uses less power, hrm?
QUOTE(mauripena @ Oct 12 2009, 01:06 PM)
you are awesome. really!
in your next update could you add a Shiny edit button.
it could be very hacky!

I think he's trying his best.

Chase-san

OP
Trophies
Website
www.csdgn.org
XP
Country
United States
[BnC said:
Mitchell]
Chase-san said:
[BnC said:
Mitchell]
Wasn't there another PokeSav NDS project going by some other guy but just really never started off?
unsure.gif

smile.gif

Yoou used to have a Shadow avatar? Because the OP of that topic used to have one. But I can't find it :/

Oh well, okay maybe that wasn't me, but PokesavDS was made but then died there for awhile. Then it came back and I renamed it PPSE-DS. (also its rebuilt)

MissingNo._

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Chase-san said:
[BnC said:
Mitchell]
Chase-san said:
[BnC said:
Mitchell]
unsure.gif

smile.gif

Oh well, okay maybe that wasn't me, but PokesavDS was made but then died there for awhile. Then it came back and I renamed it PPSE-DS. (also its rebuilt)

Oh, lol. I have a small idea:
The topic that I found that in hadn't made any progress at all, but had some menu idea pictures. They were all modified versions of the Battle Menu's (Diamond and Pearl) menu areas, like Fight, Run Away, etc. Maybe you should incorporate this for at least the beginning menus?
unsure.gif
Just a suggestion.

Chase-san

OP
Trophies
Website
www.csdgn.org
XP
Country
United States
[BnC said:
Mitchell]
The topic that I found that in hadn't made any progress at all, but had some menu idea pictures. They were all modified versions of the Battle Menu's (Diamond and Pearl) menu areas, like Fight, Run Away, etc. Maybe you should incorporate this for at least the beginning menus?
unsure.gif
Just a suggestion.

Kinda gimmicky, but it won't fit the number of menu's I need I don't think. Also those are oddly shaped if I remember correctly.

stab244

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like this... I could just rip my ROM and use the NDS Wi-Fi Backup Tool to tweak my game perfectly...

Thank you!

Magmorph

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I almost didn't click this link because I thought it would just be another PC version of pokesav. I'm glad I clicked it this looks like a very useful piece of homebrew. Thank you.

Velveteer

Trophies
XP
Country
Looks rather impressive. I'm not quite sure what you in the OP, with regards to PID calculation. Is it going to make it into the program in any shape or form? Because, and don't get me wrong, that's likely to be a make or break feature for a lot of people.

Great work, by the way. It looks quite professional
biggrin.gif

Chase-san

OP
Trophies
Website
www.csdgn.org
XP
Country
United States
PID calculation will be in, but it will change the IVs when you click it, instead of being able to set the IVs. Doing it the other way would more processing power then the DS has available.

stab244

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Chase-san said:
PID calculation will be in, but it will change the IVs when you click it, instead of being able to set the IVs. Doing it the other way would more processing power then the DS has available.
Kinda makes me wish that the rumored Tegra powered DS is real...

MissingNo._

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Chase-san said:
[BnC said:
Mitchell]
unsure.gif
Just a suggestion.

Kinda gimmicky, but it won't fit the number of menu's I need I don't think. Also those are oddly shaped if I remember correctly.

They're not oddly shaped:
pokemon_image_1173399902.jpg

I am obviously talking about the bottom screen sprites.

QUOTE(Velveteer @ Oct 13 2009, 08:31 PM)
I'm not quite sure what you in the OP, with regards to PID calculation. Is it going to make it into the program in any shape or form?

Uh... fragments?

Chase-san

OP
Trophies
Website
www.csdgn.org
XP
Country
United States
But also, more time I spend doing fancy menus. The less time I work on actual functionality. I personally care more about functionality. The current menu system isn't that bad, is it?

swornsecrets

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Chase-san said:
But also, more time I spend doing fancy menus. The less time I work on actual functionality. I personally care more about functionality. The current menu system isn't that bad, is it?

I agree I would rather have it fully functional. How the menu looks really isnt that important to me.

I like how it's working so far, can't wait for your next update.
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Damn, McDonalds burgers are as small as White castle burgers nowdays , but cost double.