ROM Hack Pokepatch 3-in1 Platinum?

vvedge

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I guess you could but I think players who are interested in pokepatch just see pokesav as a cheat system and just prefer not to get their old pokemons than use this (at least I think so, I would just feel uneasy knowing that they have been created with pokesav, even if I know that they are clones of "real" captured pokemons !)

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
I don't know about realtime save but on supercard I noticed blank screens when cheats are enabled with the patches. I don't use cheats anyway. Btw pokepatch now works with my trimmed Platinum thanks!
biggrin.gif

cory1492

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
TheAdam said:
Did anyone get it to work with the M3´s GBA Expansion pack? tried no lock so far...
As I mentioned elsewhere, if I come across the bankswitching code for M3 Expansion I can add it; since I don't have the M3 expansion testing it is impossible for me unless it is 100% compatible with M3 perfect methods.

blooddrake

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
its possible to migrate from ezflash to a original cart?,btw inside the ezflash 3-1 contains only pokemon emerald and (of course) the system firmware which is 1.90

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
It's impossible to pal park an ezflash or(most) other GBA flashcarts with an original diamond/pearl/platinum because they save on SRAM instead of EEPROM like the originals do, and so the DS games don't know where to find the save.

Cory I know this request might not be possible, but would there be a way to make the patch work with both slot-2 flashcarts AND still keep original compatibility?

cory1492

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
blooddrake, ezflash 3in1 is a GBA cart and does not need nds firmware. If you have an original GBA game, it should work with migrate without changing the DS ROM. If you have a DS game, unless you use a ARDS there is currently no way to migrate from a 3in1.
Searinox said:
Cory I know this request might not be possible, but would there be a way to make the patch work with both slot-2 flashcarts AND still keep original compatibility?
Pokemon GBA games used FLASH (not EEPROM), I'd not be willing to test compatibility with original GBA games and as it stands the patch is per card series. I guess I could add another option to the patcher ("original GBA game") that just does... nothing. Or I could port over all my patches to ARDS, so you could just enable when needed (currently, if you want an ARDS code for ez3in1 just ask, I can get those easily.)

vvedge

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
If FAPro256 patch could be done with AR code, I'm interested, so I could use either real time save or migration patch without changing the rom (the patch break the real time save compatibility)
As I use a supercard, this is if AR code can be converted to sc scheats (I never used AR / cheats until now...)

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Since every flashcart supports AR codes I would actually find it more practical that the patch would have existed in code form to begin with. People will want to trade off both original and 3in1 GBA without the hassle of taking the microSD out and changing the ROM out then back again, or carrying the same ROM twice in both patched and unpatched variant.

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
The cheats do not appear to be working on Platinum and Diamond. I'm using SCDS-1, the cheats DO appear when loading the ROMs but wether activated or inactive they appear to do nothing. Tested with both old 3in1 gba-sized and new 3in1(not plus). Patching the ROMs makes it all work though. What are the cheats doing different from the patch?

EDIT: I noticed cory's post to which you put the link is over 3 weeks old. Pokepatch was updated after that post so maybe cory needs to supply newer cheats?

ChiboSempai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok i have a cyclo ds evo, playin platinum, i have emerald version loaded on my ezf 3 in 1 in NOR

i patched my platinum rom and the option to migrate still doesnt come up

i kno the emerald works cause i can load it straight from the ds menu no prob

vvedge

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
ChiboSempai said:
ok i have a cyclo ds evo, playin platinum, i have emerald version loaded on my ezf 3 in 1 in NOR

Did you unlocked Pal park in game ?
Before migrate comes up you need to beat the elite 4 and get the national dex.

Beside this, I don't have a 3in1 or cyclo ds so I can't help more !

ChiboSempai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
vvedge said:
ChiboSempai said:

Did you unlocked Pal park in game ?
Before migrate comes up you need to beat the elite 4 and get the national dex.

Beside this, I don't have a 3in1 or cyclo ds so I can't help more !

yea i did, i beat it, got natl dex, and met oak at pal park, etc

stefanvdl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I've got a problem:

When I flash a clean Fire Red rom to the 3-in-1 NOR, the patched Platinum game gives the migration option, but then it says something about an altered DS clock...
The same thing happens when I patch the Fire Red rom with the EZ-IV Client.
I must be missing something. Any ideas?

Edit: I'm using Edge DS with the GBA Exploader.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    bassviolet @ bassviolet: wth