Pokemover Alternative

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Stoned, Aug 27, 2016.

1. Stoned
    OP

Stoned GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 26, 2014
    Gambia, The
    It is Possible to make a Pokemover Alternative Homebrew/cia to use this for Transfer from gen5 cartridge or/and Flashcards to Phbank?

2. Kaphotics

Kaphotics badc0ded

Sep 10, 2010
    United States
    extract save file with twlsavetool
    open save with PKHeX
    dump/transfer pkm files from 5->6
    profit

3. Uziskull

Uziskull Picture may not be real

Nov 15, 2015
    Somewhere, probably
    Although this is what I've been doing, there really should be an easier, straight-forward and simple way of doing this. Not sure if it's possible though, but I'd assume so.

4. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Guru

May 11, 2008
    United States
    Using PKHeX is already extremely straight-forward and easy.

Hking0036 likes this.
  5. Majickhat55

Majickhat55 Jabberwocky Slayer

Mar 28, 2016
    United States
    Underland
    If you have PokeBank legit, and Gen 5/6 carts why can't you just use the regular PokeTransporter? It's free. Not sure if it would recognize the Flashcart ROMS or not but the twlsavetool can be used if it can't. I only use PHBank as a backup of a backup so to speak.

Last edited by Majickhat55, Aug 27, 2016
  6. LiveLatios

LiveLatios Profesionnal Scalie

Nov 16, 2015
    Canada
    why
    when did pokebank go free?

7. Majickhat55

Mar 28, 2016
    United States
    Underland
    I said the PokeTransporter is free, not the bank.

8. LiveLatios

LiveLatios Profesionnal Scalie

Nov 16, 2015
    Canada
    why
    Last time I used the transporter it bitched at me to pay, but this was like.. 2 years ago when it came out

9. Majickhat55

Mar 28, 2016
    United States
    Underland
    The transporter is an extension of the PokemonBank and needs a subscription to be used in tandem. You pay $5 for PokemonBank and can use the Gen 5 transporter for nothing. So yes, technically the transporter is free if you have a subscription to the bank. Which most people do if they play Pokemon regularly considering $5/annually is nothing. I was just asking the OP IF he has a sub to the legit bank, why wasn't he using the official transporter for his legit Gen 5 game...... That's what it was made for Lol

Last edited by Majickhat55, Aug 27, 2016
  10. Shining Greninja

Shining Greninja GBAtemp Regular

Feb 9, 2015
    United States
    In the shadows
    You give up $5 to use Pokemon Bank

11. Elveman

Elveman B9S Shitpost Race Smogonite

GBAtemp Patron
    Elveman is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Feb 1, 2015
    Russia
    Moscow city
    Why use A9LH when using MSET is already straight-forward and easy? Why hack DSiWare Mode when we already have DS flashcarts?
    The answer is simple: it can be done even easier, and it's definitely possible to do this so why not?

Pandaxclone2 likes this.
  12. Ryccardo

Ryccardo WiiUaboo

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    $5 to support Nintendo's servers may not sound like a bad deal, however $5 for something which has zero technical reason to be done online is a very shitty return on investment...

the assaf likes this.
  13. Uziskull

Uziskull Picture may not be real

Nov 15, 2015
    Somewhere, probably
    Alright, I may have not made myself clear. If it was possible to make a homebrew application that loaded your Gen5 DS cart, picked some pokémon, temporarily saved them, then asked you to remove that cart and insert a Gen6 one, loading the saved pokémon into a box, it would be straight-forward and easy.
    And when I say "straight-forward", the idea is avoiding having to switch between 3DS and PC to transfer them. I'm not saying it isn't easy already (I've done it quite a few times, really not hard at all), I'm just saying it could probably be easier.

Then again, this is just a thought, an idea. I don't mind keeping what we have already if it works (that's why I still have a 3DS with RxTools setup).

14. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Guru

May 11, 2008
    United States
    A9LH has a lot of advantages over MSET and other entry points. It also has a lot more of a demand for numerous reasons. Using PKHex to import/export Pokémon is about as simple as it gets, it has advantages over something like the natural way, and there's virtually no demand for something else. That's why it is not being done. That, and it's going to be anything but easy, if even possible, to create.

If you want a program that's going to be more convoluted and less effective than the PKHex method, in addition to being quite the hassle to create, you make one. Developers are unlikely to see this as at all worth the time and effort.

tl;dr: There's already an easy way to transfer Pokémon using PKHex. Use it. You're probably only going to do it once or twice anyway.

Last edited by Lacius, Aug 27, 2016
  15. Giodude

Giodude Ruler of Italy

GBAtemp Patron
    Giodude is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    May 17, 2015
    United States
    New York
    Maybe a pokemon homebrew bank mod taking advantage of the new sd card access in ntr mode

16. hacksn5s4

hacksn5s4 Banned

Banned
    Aug 12, 2015
    but with the free shop people want to get every thing on their hacked 3ds for free

17. Stoned
    OP

Stoned GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 26, 2014
    Gambia, The

18. Majickhat55

Mar 28, 2016
    United States
    Underland
    Agreed but $5 is literally one way bus fare where I live. If you can afford a 3DS etc etc etc.... Is it really worth a return investment anyway? And I thought the $5 was for server storage since the pokemon are tied to your NNID, and can be accessed on another unhacked system with a transfer etc. I don't think PHBank stores them serverside does it? It just gives you a backup of your save in case of corruption. Just saying $5 a year isn't really worth splitting hairs, people lose more than that in pocket change annually.

That and the service does EXACTLY what the OP wants (besides Flashcart ROM loading, since I don't have one I don't know if the official app would recognise it).

Seakay likes this.
  19. Clydefrosch

Clydefrosch GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 2, 2009
    Gambia, The
    its not done locally to allow hackchecking (at least rudimentary) and prevent you from easily manipulating bank data.