Gaming Pokemon X/Y frame rate drop

Edgarska

Conjurer of cheap tricks
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think one of the problems could be that they used really high-polygon models by 3DS standards.
Other games, like RE:R look better because of the style and effects used, but the models are not as detailed.
Of course, I have no knowledge of how the 3DS' GPU handles the rendering so it's just speculation on my part, but a look at the Pokemon models is enough to see how detailed they are, even though the textures are not great on some mons.

The other part of the problem could be that GF didn't have time to optimize the game, which (please correct me if I'm wrong, anybody who knows about 3DS games) could be fixed with a patch, albeit a very big one.

DaniPoo

Trophies
XP
Country
They didnt use really high polygon models by 3DS standards... If you think that way you are really stupid...

Poketard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Am I the only one here who thinks X/Y look good? Not to mention the whole outline shader, which I would imagine would put some strain on the system.

navimegaman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Seems like they tried to add their own style onto it, and it shows. Only seems to lag in battles at certain camera angles, but doesn't slow the menu selection at all so it's fine.

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
I think that the models use a different style of shading, and it could be taking up a lot of processing power to calculate.
Those models don't exist in the overworld though, where Gamefreak had to scrap 3D altogether. You can just imagine how much the framerate would chug if it was on.

Just wondering if GF's programming or the 3DS's horsepower is to blame, I decided to boot up Kid Icarus again to see if my memory was deceiving me as to whether the graphics are a league above Poke XY in comparison.

Conclusion, not sparing any doubt, is that Gamefreak takes the blame. Kid Icarus runs easily twice the polys, full effects, at a blazing frame rate, and in full 3D.

blinkzane

Panic at your moms house
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
whatevs,I meant more of the major difference, you don't see the drop till below then, obviously 60+ will make it look much smoother.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZbUuSmFgMo