Hacking Pokémon X/Y Dumper and Editor

fodder

STARMAN
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, but you can trade them all over to your Gateway and then just delete the save LOL

Certainly easier to trade, say, 30 eggs over wireless than running around with 5 at a time trying to hatch them all.

Or if you have a Powersaves you can move em all to box one and do the delete all pokemon in box one code

drfsupercenter

Flash Cart Aficionado
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Or you can use Pokémon Bank, I totally forgot about that. Then dump them on a cart you don't care about and wipe the save (or use Powersaves to restore the old save)

Or can you not transfer eggs to Pokébank? I can't see why not though.

drfsupercenter

Flash Cart Aficionado
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question.

| 4,1 | Riolu (M) | Adamant | Steadfast | 31.31.31.20.31.31 | 3509 |
I see something like that, for example, when selecting "Reddit" in KeySav. That's probably the best out of my entire box of 30 eggs, with the non-perfect IV being 20 (some of them are 0!)

I'm used to the order being: HP, Attack, Defense, Special Attack, Special Defense, Speed, meaning that Riolu would be almost perfect because its nature lowers special attack anyway (by design, I chose Adamant for it)... but I know lots of places use different orders. So I just want to make sure my thinking is correct before I go dumping a bunch of eggs.

What's the actual order of IVs that KeySav displays?

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Pokebank won't let you deposit items and it won't let you deposit eggs either. Believe me I've tried. :P

On a somewhat related note, I hatched 2 6IV female Espurrs. Too bad I needed a male for my attempt a Musada method shiny. Sorta put that on hold right now as I got a Klefky breeding with a Aegislash so I can get a 5iv male to breed with my foreign female Klefky to get a good shiny. (Honedge/Aegislash are in the same egg group and I already had a 5iv one on hand from a previous shiny hatch attempt, so it saved me from hunting one down on the GTS. :D )

But it's been only giving me 5iv females with the males being 4ivs or less. This game is starting to tick me off. Oh Klefky you sneaky bas***rd. I can't wait to fail at hatching a shiny. I am willing to bet I will end up maxing out my Pokebank with a 100 boxes of Klefki's. Sure I can just release them, but most will have really good IVs and I just feel bad releasing pokemon. I try and wondertrade them so they get new homes where they can be loved. :P

I've already replaced my female Klefky with a 5iv female that I had hatched from a previous pair. And yet it still refuses to give me a 5iv male even with breeding two 5iv parents. Maybe I need to move the Destiny Knot to the Klefky. Not currently using an Everstone since neither parents has a nature I want. :P

I have yet to hear if Destiny Knot and Everstone combos prevent shinies from hatching. Someone please clarify what impact they have on the chances of hatching a shiny. I need to know if I need to pull one or both of the items from the parents in my attempts to hatch a shiny. The shiny Gardevoir remains my only shiny I've hatched and that one was after hatching 3 boxes of eggs. Neither parents were holding items at the time as I was simply trying to hatch a Modest Ralts before getting serious at trying for a shiny. But low and behold the game decided to give me a shiny early and it had a mild nature. Not as great as having a Modest one. But I'll take it. :P

I do plan on a second attempt at a shiny Ralts now that I got a Modest ralts to pair with a 5iv foreign. The one I currently have has no perfect IVs at all. :P

drfsupercenter

Flash Cart Aficionado
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can't see why Destiny Knot/Everstone would prevent shinies, I have a whole box full of Riolus that all have different shiny IDs.

If you have a spare 6IV Espurr, I'll take one off your hands though ;)

I'm new to IV breeding, just started with my Lucarios, so I could use all the help I can get.

Oh, and I confirmed my order for the IVs was correct.

xxNathanxx

Trophies
XP
Country
New Caledonia
I have yet to hear if Destiny Knot and Everstone combos prevent shinies from hatching. Someone please clarify what impact they have on the chances of hatching a shiny. I need to know if I need to pull one or both of the items from the parents in my attempts to hatch a shiny. The shiny Gardevoir remains my only shiny I've hatched and that one was after hatching 3 boxes of eggs. Neither parents were holding items at the time as I was simply trying to hatch a Modest Ralts before getting serious at trying for a shiny. But low and behold the game decided to give me a shiny early and it had a mild nature. Not as great as having a Modest one. But I'll take it. :P

I do plan on a second attempt at a shiny Ralts now that I got a Modest ralts to pair with a 5iv foreign. The one I currently have has no perfect IVs at all. :P
No held items have any influence on the chances of getting a shiny, only the shiny charm key item (which you get after catching them all, bar event legendaries, but I suppose you knew that already).

Btw you can also breed with 6IV foreign Dittos if you want to make your life easier, at least that's what I do.

drfsupercenter

Flash Cart Aficionado
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No held items have any influence on the chances of getting a shiny, only the shiny charm key item (which you get after catching them all, bar event legendaries, but I suppose you knew that already).

Btw you can also breed with 6IV foreign Dittos if you want to make your life easier, at least that's what I do.

I would love to get my hands on a 6IV Ditto, foreign or not... but the odds of getting one that isn't hacked are bar none, and I want to keep everything in my game legit :(

(trading for shiny values isn't really hacking as far as I'm concerned, it's just reverse engineering)

Reactions: tyons

xxNathanxx

Trophies
XP
Country
New Caledonia
I would love to get my hands on a 6IV Ditto, foreign or not... but the odds of getting one that isn't hacked are bar none, and I want to keep everything in my game legit :(

(trading for shiny values isn't really hacking as far as I'm concerned, it's just reverse engineering)
I don't really consider it hacking (although it is, of course) because it's technically possible to find such a Ditto. Besides, it still takes a lot of time to hatch a 6IV (shiny) Pokémon with one of those Dittos and a 5IV (or less) parent, but at least that way you don't need to worry that your shiny will have awful stats.

Apache Thunder

Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
I used a 6IV Vulpix to breed with an Espurr at one point. (and the female Espurr had 5 IVs!) I got a lot of ass from that one. I got TWO 6IV espurrs by breeding two 5IV ones instead (The missing IV being different for each parent) a lot of sense that makes.

Then I guess the game just hates me. I swear I've hatched more then 20+ boxes of honedges and not one damn shiny. :(

drfsupercenter

Flash Cart Aficionado
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't really consider it hacking (although it is, of course) because it's technically possible to find such a Ditto. Besides, it still takes a lot of time to hatch a 6IV (shiny) Pokémon with one of those Dittos and a 5IV (or less) parent, but at least that way you don't need to worry that your shiny will have awful stats.

Hacking = using Pokesav or Pokegen to edit a Ditto's stats, or otherwise create one from nothing (Or in gen 6, using that blasted Powersaves IV cheat)

Using RNG abuse to get one in the wild is different. I still frown upon it when people are grabbing shiny legendaries with perfect stats, but if it's just your run of the mill Ditto, it can be extremely useful.

I used a 6IV Vulpix to breed with an Espurr at one point. (and the female Espurr had 5 IVs!) I got a lot of ass from that one. I got TWO 6IV espurrs by breeding two 5IV ones instead (The missing IV being different for each parent) a lot of sense that makes.

Then I guess the game just hates me. I swear I've hatched more then 20+ boxes of honedges and not one damn shiny. :(

Not really, considering the odds of getting a shiny are 1 in 4096 with the shiny charm, and each box only holds 30... so you could be the unlucky guy who gets 136.5 boxes worth before ever getting a single shiny.

I've only ever gotten one in my almost 600 hours of playing.

That's pretty much what I did too though, for my Riolus. One of my friends lent me a male Espeon with 5IVs, my female was caught in the wild with 4, eventually I got a male+female each with 5 perfect IVs (took me only about 60 eggs, I was pleasantly surprised!)
Now I'm breeding those two together. The odds of getting all 6 perfect are still very low because Destiny Knot only guarantees 5. The best one I've come across has 31, 31, 31, 31, 31, 30, not in that order, but still pretty darn close.

I'll take an Espurr off your hands though if you've got extras you don't want!

--Edit--

Apparently I was mis-informed, and the shiny rate is doubled in X/Y, so you have 1 in 2048 chance with a shiny charm. My point still remains though, you'd need way more than just 20 boxes worth of eggs unless you get lucky.

Reactions: cearp

Apache Thunder

Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Yeah it just seams this game is flipping me the finger though. Seriously, about 20 minutes ago I took a break hatching eggs to EV train up a non shiny 5 IV Klefky. You know what happened? I encountered a shiny weeping bell during a horde battle. If that ain't a crock of s*** nothing is. :P

I caught it of coarse (in a heal ball no less). I won't pass up any shiny encounter. I don't even have the shiny charm yet... :P

I'll take an Espurr off your hands though if you've got extras you don't want!

Since I hatched two of them, sure (they both have identical natures. Adement I think but I could be wrong. I'll look that up later). . Send me a PM and we can get our friend codes sorted out. :D

Both are females by the way. ;)

xxNathanxx

Trophies
XP
Country
New Caledonia
Apparently I was mis-informed, and the shiny rate is doubled in X/Y, so you have 1 in 2048 chance with a shiny charm. My point still remains though, you'd need way more than just 20 boxes worth of eggs unless you get lucky.
Well, with the Masuda Method (two different region Pokémon) and the shiny charm, it's actually a lot less than that. From Serebii:
Shiny Charm

In Pokémon Black 2 & White 2, a new item is introduced called the Shiny Charm. This item, obtained when you have completed the National Pokédex, increases the chances of Shiny Pokémon appearing. As it's a Key Item, when you have the item in your bag, then the chances of encountering Shiny Pokémon in the wild is increased to 300% of normal, making it a 1 in 2,730.6 chance. If, however, you're using the Masuda Method to breed, it reduces it from 1 in 1,365.3 down to 1 in 1024.

And that's about Gen V, so it's probably 1 in 512 now (with MM and Shiny Charm). I've only hatched a good 800 eggs but already got a shiny Feebas, Larvesta, Swirlix and Minccino. Also found about 10 shinies in the wild already compared to the average of 1 I've found in previous Pokémon games. It's cool though, makes for some more variety. Then again you can also be a bit unlucky like this guy:
jtArQVJAOCXCP.jpg

tyons

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
No, but you can trade them all over to your Gateway and then just delete the save LOL

I see

about the breeding: you guys will see... once you get your flawless ditto, you will start having to release/wondertrade flawless pokes because you have too many (at least, if the other parent is flawless, too, but you can hatch it with the same ditto in a relatively short time even by starting with a 3-perfect parent. just put the knot on ditto).
also, I know that the shiny charm doesn't help hatching shinies, but apart from my personal experience (I didn't hatch shinies faster after obtaining it) I have never had official confirmation of it.

drfsupercenter

Flash Cart Aficionado
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, with the Masuda Method (two different region Pokémon) and the shiny charm, it's actually a lot less than that. From Serebii:

And that's about Gen V, so it's probably 1 in 512 now (with MM and Shiny Charm). I've only hatched a good 800 eggs but already got a shiny Feebas, Larvesta, Swirlix and Minccino. Also found about 10 shinies in the wild already compared to the average of 1 I've found in previous Pokémon games. It's cool though, makes for some more variety. Then again you can also be a bit unlucky like this guy

Yeah, my math was a bit off.

This comes from a friend who helped supply the information to Serebii in the first place...

Looks like it's X/4096

X = 1 without shiny charm
X = 3 with shiny charm
X = 5 with Masuda
X = 8 with shiny charm and Masuda
X = 8 in Friend Safari

So yes it's 1 in 512 now if you have the Shiny Charm and are using the Masuda method.

Reactions: cearp

Jew-bro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well, I've been a long time ago here, but does anybody knows if you can use PKHeX to check your powersaves? And maybe, maybe edit them too?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Sonic Angel Knight, Meth cake lol