Pokemon W EU Comptability Questions

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by OmegaNemesis28, Mar 6, 2011.

Mar 6, 2011
  1. OmegaNemesis28
    OP

Newcomer OmegaNemesis28 Newbie

United States
    My question is that does the EU rom of the game work with the U rom of the game? Can you battle and trade with them or no?
    I know that the game saves for the J game and the EU game are compatible so its like the U version you can just swap for the EU game save if worst comes to worst.

Also, side question regarding the IR.
    They made the game super complicated with the online battles now. So many different functions of the Cgear. Because I have the rom and not the retail, you clearly cant use IR. Can you still use wireless ad-hoc the old fashion way when your with friends or does the game now only let you IR battle? If not - this sucks because now I can't play with my friends when Im with them and I have to be home using Wifi right? Or am I mistaken and the adhoc Wifi battles are still in tact? Pretty sneaky AntiPiracy with the proprietary hardware huh.

2. soulx

Member soulx GBAtemp Legend

Canada
    Yes, the EU game is compatible with the NA version of the game.

You will still be able to do regular local wireless battles. The only thing you'll be missing out on is the IR battle mode on the C-Gear.

3. OmegaNemesis28
    OP

Newcomer OmegaNemesis28 Newbie

United States
    So adhoc is still an option? Awesome! [​IMG]
    SWEET!!! Thanks so much.

4. YayMii

Member YayMii hi

Canada
    Theoretically, it should work, especially since both games are region-free. But I haven't tried it myself, so there's a possibility that it won't.
    Just give it a try.