ROM Hack Pokémon UnovaHGSS

Arya511

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can't wait for this hack :yaynds: if this hack becomes a success (probably will) it will be the best hack on ds! I'll wait till the hack is complete, and I hope you can figure out how to edit pokemon cries (maybe you have) you're a great hacker. I'm planing on making a pokemon ss hack. (still not 100% sure tho) i know it's hard work to hack stuff like these. but i hope to make one. can you please tell me what you use for editing the text in the game? ty

ascension7

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
can't wait for this hack :yaynds: if this hack becomes a success (probably will) it will be the best hack on ds! I'll wait till the hack is complete, and I hope you can figure out how to edit pokemon crys (maybe you have) you're a great hacker. I'm planing on making a pokemon ss hack. (still not 100% sure tho) i know it's hard work to hack stuff like these. but i hope to make one. can you please tell me what you use for editing the text in the game? ty
Thanks! :D I haven't looked into the cries yet, but I've heard it's possible. I play these games without the sound usually, so the audio isn't much of a priority for me, but if I can change it, I will (this includes the music too).
For editing text: http://projectpokemon.org/wiki/Thenewpoketext

ascension7

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Quick update: Just want to let you all know I'm still working on the game, but I've been experimenting and testing things to see what I'm able to do. I figured out how to do much more than I thought was possible when I first started this project. As such, despite what I had the security guard in the game say, I'm unfortunately not expecting a release to be ready before B2W2's official english release, though I still expect some sort of playable beta version to be ready this year. The list of Pokemon may change, but I'm not certain about anything yet... rest assured, every 1st, 2nd, and 5th gen Pokemon will be available no matter what. I've recently worked on updating the graphics as well, including new sprites for every 5th gen Pokemon, and including the new Pokemon overworlds from B2W2 (and updating some others Game Freak hadn't done). Here's a few new pictures of the graphics:

Some Pokemon with their old overworlds/The same Pokemon, but with their new overworlds/And some other Pokemon with their new battle sprites
alpha110330523.png
newover1329772.png
newsprite177401.png

Credits for updated overworlds: Game Freak, me
Credits for front sprites: KingOfThe-X-Roads on DeviantArt - link to the sprites
Credit for back sprites: Chaos Rush - link to thread

Make sure to follow my twitter page for updates on the hack. I also made a website, but I don't think I'm going to update that much. Twitter will have new info first most likely. Also make sure to e-mail me with any questions you may have! Or feel free to contact me any other way, though e-mail will be the quickest.

Reactions: Karos and Nxenz

JordenNixNix

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I've got an errorcode if I try to play the patched game on my DSTT. (errcode=-4)
Another hack called pokémon shining emerland work great

This is what I've done:

1.Extract the file with Winrar
2.open xdelta UI mod
3.Choose by patch for xdelta, by source file for Pokemon heartgold (U) usa rom en by output file I gave the name "pokemon unovahgss"
4.Klick on ok on the popup
5.Place the new .nds file on my DSTT card and try to load it with the original firmware and whit YSmenu

What's going wrong?
I use retrogamesfan's DAT files and the newest firmware!

Please help :(!

osm70

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
I've got an errorcode if I try to play the patched game on my DSTT. (errcode=-4)
Another hack called pokémon shining emerland work great

This is what I've done:

1.Extract the file with Winrar
2.open xdelta UI mod
3.Choose by patch for xdelta, by source file for Pokemon heartgold (U) usa rom en by output file I gave the name "pokemon unovahgss"
4.Klick on ok on the popup
5.Place the new .nds file on my DSTT card and try to load it with the original firmware and whit YSmenu

What's going wrong?
I use retrogamesfan's DAT files and the newest firmware!

Please help :(!
quote from first post
Hack of: Pokémon SoulSilver (USA) (HeartGold will be supported at a later date)
use soulsilver rom

JordenNixNix

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I've read to fast!
Stupid me. Now everything works just fine! :yaysp:

Just on Question, Can you trade the Pokémon from this hack to the original game cards?

ascension7

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I've read to fast!
Stupid me. Now everything works just fine! :yaysp:

Just on Question, Can you trade the Pokémon from this hack to the original game cards?
Any 1st or 2nd gen Pokemon will probably be fine, but any edited Pokemon, trading to an original game will just cause the Pokemon to turn into the one it replaced (for example, Patrat would change to Poochyena) - it might even freeze the game.

Dubstep16

Trophies
XP
Country
is this still in progress i really like it. But i was not able to patch my rom only gave a me an error.

ascension7

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
is this still in progress i really like it. But i was not able to patch my rom only gave a me an error.
Yep, college is taking up a lot of my time, but I'm still working on it. And did you patch a SoulSilver rom? It only works on that, for now, but the final one will also work on HeartGold.

Reactions: Karos

ascension7

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Wich pokemon are currently inserted?
In the Alpha, the first 2 generations are in it, as well as all 5th gen Pokemon up to BW (meaning nothing from B2W2). The next version I'm working on will also have the 1st, 2nd, and 5th gen Pokemon, but also have the B2W2 forms (kind of - I'll explain when the time comes).

Karos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ascension7, it gives me an error when patching, is there any possibility of you uploading a pre-patched rom?

---------------EDIT:
Forget that, fixed it. How do you get the Unova starters?

ascension7

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
ascension7, it gives me an error when patching, is there any possibility of you uploading a pre-patched rom?

---------------EDIT:
Forget that, fixed it. How do you get the Unova starters?
You can use Pokesav, and the list of Pokemon replaced:

List of Changed Pokémon

For example, to get Snivy, Pokesav a Bidoof into your party/PC.

Blazebolt7

Trophies
XP
Country
India
I have an error On Mac OS X 10.8.3 Using MultiPatch It says my rom is incorrect what to do pleas tell me :cry: and can i get victini? here is screenshot of the error ,Please help me and i have tried 2 different roms same error
Screen Shot 2013-04-14 at 6.05.40 PM.png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/9kE3Env_2AY?si=Bs6lUZ0ZIlqmYaGT +1