ROM Hack Pokémon UnovaHGSS

SUDoKuNa

Trophies
XP
Country
This looks awesome! I tried doing this once...it failed miserably, because I did it when HeartGold and SoulSilver had only recently been released...
Good work though! It's fun, but I haven't played much yet.

ascension7

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Hey everybody, regarding the next release... I don't know whether to release an Alpha 2, or just wait until I get much closer to the hack's completion.

This Alpha was only meant as a playtest for the general public to showcase all I've done with putting Unova Pokemon in the game, and more importantly, to get feedback about the slightly higher level curve to see if it's too much, or too little. I'm not sure what I'll do yet. If I do release another Alpha, it'll still be for testing purposes only, such as testing the difficulty and ironing out bugs, as all that will be changed will be the wild Pokemon and Trainer rosters, and not much else really. I'm working on implementing a new story into my hack (which will, among other things, also include a reason for the sudden appearance of non-native Unova Pokemon :O ), and this will not be in any Alpha. Any newer version after the Alphas won't be compatible with previous saves, which is why I'm hesitant to release another Alpha, lest players get really far into the game and become annoyed that they'll have to start over :( What do you all think?

ascension7

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Nice work. Will you give us a list with the pkmn you replaced and the ones you kept?
There's a link to one in the first post, though it may change in the future. Also, there will be a few fakemon eventually, but I haven't put them in yet.
List of Changed Pokémon
Every 1st, 2nd, and 5th generation Pokemon will be in the game, but any 3rd and 4th might get changed.

MattJ951

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey everybody, regarding the next release... I don't know whether to release an Alpha 2, or just wait until I get much closer to the hack's completion.

This Alpha was only meant as a playtest for the general public to showcase all I've done with putting Unova Pokemon in the game, and more importantly, to get feedback about the slightly higher level curve to see if it's too much, or too little. I'm not sure what I'll do yet. If I do release another Alpha, it'll still be for testing purposes only, such as testing the difficulty and ironing out bugs, as all that will be changed will be the wild Pokemon and Trainer rosters, and not much else really. I'm working on implementing a new story into my hack (which will, among other things, also include a reason for the sudden appearance of non-native Unova Pokemon :O ), and this will not be in any Alpha. Any newer version after the Alphas won't be compatible with previous saves, which is why I'm hesitant to release another Alpha, lest players get really far into the game and become annoyed that they'll have to start over :( What do you all think?

I'd personally prefer it be released. Just make a warning that it won't be compatible with future versions due to having a different story. Is it possible those who PM you could receive the newer alpha?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/fRENPoVaZHk?si=0xgCyaSVzuc5GD5F