ROM Hack Pokemon Sword and Shield Cheats/Hacks/PKHex

drsalvador555

Japanese Game Translation Editor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kinda.

Just about all RNG employed while generating new pokemon in Sword and Shield has been reverse-engineered, but they all employ non-exploitable cryptography-grade RNG supplied by the console itself, except for a single situation: re-rolling the contents of a single raid (which is to say, looking at the pokemon and advancing the date without starting the battle).

With CFW, you can extract the save and use a PkHex plugin ( https://github.com/Leanny/PKHeX_Raid_Plugin ) to see how many times you will need to re-roll a raid before a shiny will appear, making for an easier process; you still need to manually re-roll the raid the specified number of times, though. Or you can fight the current raid pokemon and throw a new wishing piece to get a completely new seed if the current one will require too many re-rolls before spawning a shiny.

The thread Austin showed in the video was about extracting the saves from a vulnerable, but not currently hacked, console without leaving any trace or indication that this happened, BTW; nothing to do with the exploit itself.
Yeah, I looked into it more and found the raid plugin, but the weirdest thing happened. I can't figure out how to get my switch to load my modded save. I play on OFW Sysnand, and I dumped it from CFW EmuMMC with checkpoint, modded the save, deleted the original and put the modded "main" and "backup" which were the same in the checkpoint folder, then restored it, and nothing changes.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I looked into it more and found the raid plugin, but the weirdest thing happened. I can't figure out how to get my switch to load my modded save. I play on OFW Sysnand, and I dumped it from CFW EmuMMC with checkpoint, modded the save, deleted the original and put the modded "main" and "backup" which were the same in the checkpoint folder, then restored it, and nothing changes.

It is two seperate NAND, restoring via Emunand wouldn't help with anything on Sysnand.

drsalvador555

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is two seperate NAND, restoring via Emunand wouldn't help with anything on Sysnand.
But I don't have any sword save data on emummc. And how would I dump/inject the save data into OFW SysNand? I saw someone had suggested cfw sysnand with airplane mode but that sounds dumb and really risky.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But I don't have any sword save data on emummc. And how would I dump/inject the save data into OFW SysNand? I saw someone had suggested cfw sysnand with airplane mode but that sounds dumb and really risky.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/edit-of...up-restoring-via-fusee-gelee-payloads.541081/

There is this but you would get banned anyway once you go online with a modded save, the best is to use two units, one for modding all your stuffs via Pkhex, and one to play online, you don't need to reset for stupid den shiny if you just Pkhex stuffs you want.

drsalvador555

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
https://gbatemp.net/threads/edit-of...up-restoring-via-fusee-gelee-payloads.541081/

There is this but you would get banned anyway once you go online with a modded save, the best is to use two units, one for modding all your stuffs via Pkhex, and one to play online, you don't need to reset for stupid den shiny if you just Pkhex stuffs you want.
I gave up on the den idea, I just wanted to get a Zacian with the Rusted Sword since someone stole mine, and a mew since buying a pokeball is stupid. And yeah, having two Switches would be nice, but some of us can't afford that.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan

emummc doesn't see sysnand. You can't dump your sysnand save from there. you have to boot into rcm and mount your switch using tegrarcmgui or make a backup of your (real)nand. Both methods require your biskeys and hacdiskmount to get into the user data. Beyond that, you have to locate the right save data (and its correlated metasave data) and copy that to your sd card. Then you have to boot into emuMMC and find the pokemon savedata you will want to replace via the USER: partition using some sort of emuMMC NAND explorer (does anybody have a good app recommendation?). ON TOP OF THAT, if you created your emuMMC before installing and playing pokemon with your sysnand, the savefiles' names will be different, so you will have to rename the files to the correct filenames that reflect your true savedata on emuMMC. Then you can use checkpoint to extract the pkmn save and open it with pkhex.

If you are doing this just to snoop you on how many refreshes you need for a shiny, you will have to repeat this entire process every time you pop a new wishing star. You might get lucky and find out you have to cycle the well 300 times instead of 10,000.

Last edited by tabzer,

johnma2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I went to Route 1 and Pokémon were still there. I am using Shield and it still didn't work. I put it in the sxos file under titles and it didn't work. Am I supposed to just put the romf file in or the game ID file in?

You're supposed to extract and put the romfs folder into the atmosphere/contents/(TitleID) folder. Otherwise the mods won't load.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

After a fair amount of testing, it seems the "hold R for shiny" cheat does not work for raid/dynamax pokemon.

It's not meant for raid Pokemon. It's titled "Wild Pokemon are Shiny" instead of "Raid Pokemon are Shiny" for a reason. Try this code for Pokemon Shield however:

[Raid Pokémon Shiny (Hold ZR) v1.0.0]
04000000 0076FB84 540006C0
04000000 0076FB84 14000036

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
When generating Pokemon, the games basically do something like this:
Code:
if (pidType == NON_SHINY) {
  // force non-shiny pid
} elseif (pidType == SHINY) {
  // force shiny pid
} elseif (pidType == REGULAR) {
  // generate pid using re-rolls (from shiny charm and masuda method)
}

The cheats remove the first two checks, which also makes the third useless, so it always falls into the 'force shiny pid' section.

Said differently, the cheats modify how the game chooses to generate a pid, but they don't create a shiny seed.

However it is possible for someone to make a different cheat which generates and saves an actual shiny seed.
Care to explain this further?
So basically means the PID generated is invalid, as it's not an actual shiny PID? The game just forces the shinyness without correct PID?

drsalvador555

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone find a place to get the Switch Up Game Enhancer? I can't seem to find it anywhere in stock, and ebay sellers are gouging $250 USD for a $20 device. If it's super hard to get a hold of, is there a way to use the macro/cheat function on a switch? I just think that having a macro for something (like hatching eggs or getting fossils in Pokemon) would be super useful, but not $250 useful.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Can anyone find a place to get the Switch Up Game Enhancer? I can't seem to find it anywhere in stock, and ebay sellers are gouging $250 USD for a $20 device. If it's super hard to get a hold of, is there a way to use the macro/cheat function on a switch? I just think that having a macro for something (like hatching eggs or getting fossils in Pokemon) would be super useful, but not $250 useful.
just buy a hackable switch instead, and trade yourself all the shinies you want. recoup the cost by selling them on eBay.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :blink: