ROM Hack Pokemon Sun and Moon GARC files

yoshiBreak

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I think it's in a087, together with all the trainer intro sprite and zmove model and texture and stuff.
Thanks, there's quite a lot of stuff here. But Ohana3DS doesn't want to open any of the files, it says it doesn't support the format.

Do you have any idea how can I get them? I tried changing the file format to various different extensions that I've used before when the program gave me this error but to no avail.

rusyaas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Thanks, there's quite a lot of stuff here. But Ohana3DS doesn't want to open any of the files, it says it doesn't support the format.

Do you have any idea how can I get them? I tried changing the file format to various different extensions that I've used before when the program gave me this error but to no avail.

Just checked. It starts around 1008 onwards. Opens normally on my ohana.

Reactions: yoshiBreak

XLuma

Pkmn Rom Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Don't change the extension... If the extention is .bin, then open it with ohana3ds. If it is not .bin well Ohana3ds can't view them

yoshiBreak

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Don't change the extension... If the extention is .bin, then open it with ohana3ds. If it is not .bin well Ohana3ds can't view them
Well, I changed it because most Models would also work when set as BCH. I set them as BCH because most of the times my Ohana doesn't want to open BIN files. It's very random, though.

Just checked. It starts around 1008 onwards. Opens normally on my ohana.
Thanks, I finally found them. The first one is the dance for the Waterium-Z, 1185. It has like 13 versions of the animation, although some are broken. But it doesn't matter, most of them do work.
Thanks again.

rusyaas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Some people asked me how I changed overworld models in SunMoon like this video here (sh-shameless plug)

so here's a picture mini tutorial.
https://imgur.com/a/RZC6h
I'm sure there's a more efficient way so please share it if you know. Thank you~

Below is basically just a rewrite of that imgur
---------------------------------------------------
text
This is my method to replace overworld npcs. There might be more efficient method but this is what i use. So firstly if you do not know, overworld models are in a082(sun)/a083(moon). Each area in SunMoon has its own folder to store its models. Refer to this pastebin to find the folder of a specific area https://pastebin.com/RygMs9kk, Not mine and I cant backtrack the owner, but it's from gbatemp somewhere. First, the models you want to use.

Here I want to use my own custom agatha overworld model. Unpack the model in pk3ds. We'll use this later.

kLOthct.png

So once you took out a file for an area ( for this example i will be using 0102 DECOMPRESSED and UNPACKED), This is the contents of an unpacked 0102 folder. Say you want to replace Lillie in this folder. Lillie is the no 0 model. So go to 0_CP. You MUST delete the remaining _CP folders before repacking. (i dont know it just doesnt work for me if i dont delete)

JLirSTY.png

Another folder. Go to 1_CM

glYsARo.png

Now copy paste the unpacked agatha model (in image 1) over everything in 1_CM. Additional info: 0.bin is the model 1.bin is the animation The rest is some stuff i dunno

88cJtXM.png

Repack the 1_CM. Replace 1.675 with 1.CM. Rename 1.CM to the similar name 1.675..
8DsT0sE.png

Repack 0_CP. Same method. Replace and rename to 0.675...

frGISA8.png

And repack the folder and compress and it's ready to go into a083.

Last edited by rusyaas,
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Some people asked me how I changed overworld models in SunMoon so here's a picture mini tutorial.
I'm sure there's a more efficient way so please share it if you know. Thank you~

text
This is my method to replace overworld npcs. There might be more efficient method but this is what i use. So firstly if you do not know, overworld models are in a082(sun)/a083(moon). Each area in SunMoon has its own folder to store its models. Refer to this pastebin to find the folder of a specific area https://pastebin.com/RygMs9kk, Not mine and I cant backtrack the owner, but it's from gbatemp somewhere. First, the models you want to use.

Here I want to use my own custom agatha overworld model. Unpack the model in pk3ds. We'll use this later.

kLOthct.png

So once you took out a file for an area ( for this example i will be using 0102 DECOMPRESSED and UNPACKED), This is the contents of an unpacked 0102 folder. Say you want to replace Lillie in this folder. Lillie is the no 0 model. So go to 0_CP. You MUST delete the remaining _CP folders before repacking. (i dont know it just doesnt work for me if i dont delete)

JLirSTY.png

glYsARo.png

Now copy paste the unpacked agatha model (in image 1) over everything in 1_CM. Additional info: 0.bin is the model 1.bin is the animation The rest is some stuff i dunno

88cJtXM.png

Repack the 1_CM. Replace 1.675 with 1.CM. Rename 1.CM to the similar name 1.675..
8DsT0sE.png

frGISA8.png

Thanks!

Sergius22

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Some people asked me how I changed overworld models in SunMoon like this video here (sh-shameless plug)

text

kLOthct.png

JLirSTY.png

glYsARo.png

88cJtXM.png

8DsT0sE.png

frGISA8.png

I have a problem, when you put the name of 1.675 ... to 1.CM you do with the old 1.675 .... delete it?

Sergius22

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Change the models of the mother of the prota and Kukui and I have been frozen, what is the error?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Protagonist*

Attachments

• DSC_0001.JPG
    DSC_0001.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 510

New3DsSuchti

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

text

kLOthct.png

JLirSTY.png

glYsARo.png

88cJtXM.png

8DsT0sE.png

frGISA8.png

OMG Many many Thanks :bow::bow::bow:
Colress The UltraBeasts.PNG

Sergius22

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
What configuration do you use in citra for pokémon Sol y Luna to go without lag?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Sun and moon *

JAJA99

Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Helena
Can someone help me?
When you move z to a trainer with pk3ds and in game play it freezes automatically.

Pic example
(sorry for bad english)

Attachments

• 21441634_1799560333406913_870623878_o.jpg
    21441634_1799560333406913_870623878_o.jpg
    354.8 KB · Views: 420

ABZB

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been researching the move data structure.

There are a number of [new?] flags that pk3DS does not currently edit in a/0/1/1.

Some of them seem to indicate things like "this move has a recharge turn" and "this move is copied by Dancer".

I started researching this when I noticed that editing the flags and move effects in pk3DS did not change things such as requiring a recharge turn, or giving a move the effect of Revelation Dance or Spectral Thief.

However, editing these values does not seem to change anything. I suspect that that these effects are also coded somewhere else... I noticed that the demo garc structure has a/0/9/0 marked as possibly being a second move data file, but that file in the full version is empty.

Does anyone know which, if any, file that file is in the full version? Or am I barking up the wrong tree?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: "I'm cheating on you with your hamster's cousin's owner's dog's favorite tree" +1