Status
Not open for further replies.

suppow

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i've always liked the Pokemon Stadium games way better than the latter ones (Colosseum, battle revolution etc)

also i like to keep my sav files on my computer or something for safekeeping for when cart batteries tend to die (it happens)

now i'm curious about Pokemon Stadium (1 & 2) and flash carts,
i'm thinking of 3 or 4 scenarios that maybe somebody would know about and could shed some light into them;

Scenario 1:
Pokemon Stadium (1 or 2) cart + Transfer Pak + GB Flash Cart (GB Smart Card for example)
- would this work? how/why not?
Scenario 2:
N64 Flash Cart (64Drive for example) + Transfer Pak + Pokemon RBY/GSC cart
Scenario 3:
N64 Flash Cart (64Drive for example) + Transfer Pak + GB Flash Cart (GB Smart Card for example)
Scenario 4:
N64 Flash Cart (64Drive for example) + Patched N64 ROM + GB SAV/ROM
- now here's the weirdest one, i doubt anyone has tried this but i'm interested even in speculation.
the set up:
a patched Pokemon Stadium ROM made to find the GB cart SAV in the N64 Flash Cart instead of the Transfer Pak.

i doubt it would be simple, or that anyone would do it, but i'm still curious.

if anyone has tried any of those i'd be interested in knowing the results.

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm scenario 2. I bought the 64drive last year and decided to plug in my Pokemon Red cart using a transfer pak I bought from ebay. Unfortunately something happened when I was organizing my pokemon and in the middle of saving, I got a connection problem which resulted in my Pokemon game getting wiped. I'm not sure if this is because there's a fault with the transfer pak, a crappy connection or something else but it's a harsh lesson in forgetting to back up saves.

suppow

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm scenario 2. I bought the 64drive last year and decided to plug in my Pokemon Red cart using a transfer pak I bought from ebay. Unfortunately something happened when I was organizing my pokemon and in the middle of saving, I got a connection problem which resulted in my Pokemon game getting wiped. I'm not sure if this is because there's a fault with the transfer pak, a crappy connection or something else but it's a harsh lesson in forgetting to back up saves.

noooooooooooooooo!!!! that sounds awful!
were they from back in the day as well, or from a more recent play through?
if so you were lucky the battery hadnt died up then.
didnt you have any way of backing up the saves first?

something similar happened to me with Ruby, but that was a pretty resent save.

i think you should ask on 64Drive support, seems pretty dedicated.

i'm not sure if the 64Drive saves the games to NOR or PSRAM sorta like the EZ4,
maybe if it were on NOR or something it'd work, or maybe it'd need patching.
but i guess i wont be trying Scenario 2 anytime soon (unless they could confirm it)
:P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.