ROM Hack Pokemon Soul Silver SAV to/from cartridge Success!

awesome761

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
altorn said:
i am really tempted to do this, i can understand and do how its done but I don't want to damage my original Poke SS cart.

i was searching in the forums on how to transfer save data from my Cyclo to the original cart but I guess I will either have to spend $30 on the adapter+, or solder my precious original cart.

I spent 18hours(in game in CycloDS) on SS and I am on goldenrod. for the sake or fully usable pokewalker, i am not sure if this is even worth it.

Yeah at this time the adapter is the best way to go.

awesome761

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Chase-san said:
Only if we could figure out what the cart sends over the spi to switch it to use eeprom.

I have no idea what you said but i am so glad that you are helping solve this problem by developing PokeSav r11!
biggrin.gif

awesome761

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Atashi said:
LOL I didn't even know there was an "NDS Adaptor Plus"

Now I'm tempted to get it, but I've already spent $20 on the not-plus one, another $30 for the plus version feels painfully annoying.

-Atashi

Well since you already have the original adapter and found out this amazing discovery that works with it you might as well save your money for something else.

Atashi

Out of the Loop
OP
Trophies
Website
planetstephanie.net
XP
Country
Canada
awesome761 said:
Well since you already have the original adapter and found out this amazing discovery that works with it you might as well save your money for something else.

Yeah I definately don't need it... but I want to find out how it works!
smile.gif
Got this OCD need to find out how things tick.

-Atashi

awesome761

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Atashi said:
awesome761 said:

Yeah I definately don't need it... but I want to find out how it works!
smile.gif
Got this OCD need to find out how things tick.

-Atashi

Haha that reminds me of my sister in a way, she has OCD, but with cleaning and keeping things neat
tongue.gif

On Topic: I think the two solutions are either buying the NDS adapter plus or waiting for R11 of PokesavDS.

edes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If this works, could you please dump the game and test how many events can you do until it crashes?

awesome761

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
edes said:
If this works, could you please dump the game and test how many events can you do until it crashes?

That would be illegal my friend. Like TM2 said, we are talking about a .SAV file here...

edes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
awesome761 said:
edes said:

That would be illegal my friend. Like TM2 said, we are talking about a .SAV file here...
that isn't illegal, I just told him to dump it for HIMSELF and to test him HIMSELF.

TM2-Megatron

Predacon Commander
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
edes said:
awesome761 said:
edes said:

that isn't illegal, I just told him to dump it for HIMSELF and to test him HIMSELF.

It has absolutely nothing to do with the topic being discussed in this thread. And anyway, if he dumped it himself it'd be no different than the file everyone has now, and just as prone to freezing. We're only discussing the ability to back up you saved data from a Hg/Ss cart. All current homebrew can already dump the ROM. It's the save that's giving people trouble.

r4trolljpg.jpg

awesome761

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
edes said:
awesome761 said:
edes said:

Then what i would be doing would be illegal.. Go troll on another thread please.

Edit: Ninja'd
tongue.gif

awesome761

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Found this post from the PokeSavDS thread, this software method doesn't always work, its kinda complicated, and you can only backup saves, not put them onto the cart. But it's a start!

From Chase San:
QUOTE said:
Okay, for all those who want it. I packaged up my prototype version of savhax HGSS. Use this ONLY with HeartGold and SoulSilver.

It requires an expansion ram pack, such as Opera, EZ 3in1, or etc.

Read the instructions, live the instructions, love them, nurture them, and hopefully you will get your save.

http://www.csdgn.org/files/savhax2.7z

WARNING: This is a prototype. If it fails, and it will fail, DO NOT TELL ME ABOUT IT. I already know it fails a lot. No I don't know why yet. If you find a magical way to get it to work 100% all the time every time, please IM me.

I am not responsible if this bricks your computer, sd, flashcart, DS, retail game, ram pack, or related accessory. Nor am I responsible if any of the afford mentioned burst into flame while using savhax. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Civori

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, very nice find
smile.gif
. I'd usually use the ARDSi to dump my saves and stuff, guess they prevented it
frown.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat