ROM Hack Pokemon Shiny Gold Unofficial Developement

gokuguy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Welcome. I was playing Pokemon Shiny Gold recently, & saw that, even though the game is awsome, many things were not completed. I know this project was originally by Zel, SO I TAKE NO CREDIT FOR ANYTHING BEFORE THE THINGS I WILL HAVE IN THE LIST BELOW. I tried to contact him to get his permission, but I was unable to get him, so I am making sure everyone knows that I HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS GAME UP UNTIL THIS FUTURE DEVELOPEMENT! I TAKE NO CREDIT FOR THAT. ALL OF IT GOES TO THE PEOPLE IN THE CREDIT SECTION IN THE BEGINNING OF THE GAME.

Before I get flamed all over the place, I'm going to answer some of the questions out there.

1. Why are you doing this? HG SS are coming out soon for E & U...
A: HGSS are for DS. Some people either can't get the DS versions, or like the look of the GBA, like me.

2. The game seemed pretty complete to me...
A: It was very close, but some of the minor things were not completed, I will name some below.

3. Just quit. Everyone has forgotten about this. No hack will ever be as good as an official game.
A: I know many people that are still interested in this.

4. You are stupid! Reviving something from 2008!? Just get rid of this mess, & get on with your unsuccessful, meaningless life!...
A: I won't tolerate that. (Instant Report) If you don't like it, go away.

Now that we have that out of the way, here is a list of things that are planned to be done, & some things I'm still deciding.

THINGS TO DO:
Finish accurate Trainer names.
Fix small NPC text errors.
Resprite Trainer & Rival Battle/Trainer Card Sprites
Edit tile sprites that were only recolored (Sprout Tower, Tin Tower, ect.)

THINGS TO DECIDE ON:
Create Mt. Silver
Create Red Battle
Add more Legendary Battles (very unlikely)
Add New Secret Battles (very unlikely)

This will only be done on Shiny Gold X, the harder version, because that is the version with fixed Pallet, Viridian, Pewter, & Cinnibar areas. I'll update each day how far into this I am.

Update (Nov. 3, 7:45e)
Title Screen Ho-oh replaced. Old on left, New on right.
hoohcompare.png

Update (Dec. 12, 3:12e, pretty funny how that time came up...)
Patch is here! Not finished yet, but all Kanto towns (except for Pallet Town), cities, & routes have been rebuilt, so most of them should be accessible now. PALLET IS NOT IN IT YET, SO DO NOT GO DOWN FROM ROUTE 1! I have no idea what it will do if you do. I have to redo Pallet Town all together, because it is non existent, probably because it was edited to something like New Bark Town.

Due to lack of room for tiles, I had to change some around, so there might be slight differences with certain buildings on the right side. This might be fixed in future progress, but until then, it will do. Also, MT SILVER ISN'T IN THE GAME YET. I have spent most of the time relocating warp points to the right places, fixing maps, & replacing scripts that were misplaced because of glitched towns. It should be here in the next beta.

I am not at this point in the game, for my file was erased, due to some swapping of saves with my PC & DS EZ Flash pack, so if you find anything glitchy, may it be a full glitch of the game, or just a glitched sprite, please don't hesitate to tell me. (Please, do not post if you are commenting on badly made sprites or tiles. That is for another time. For now, we focus on main terrain.

THIS HAS BEEN REMOVED.

Code:
Link Removed for hack being unstable

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Aww you sure you can't update the other version not the hard one?

EDIT: Double post. For some reason I got Error 500 when I posted this then I pressed refresh and now I have 2 of these posts.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm looking forward to this. I have never played Pokemon ShinyGold, so I might as well give it a try. Judging from the Name of the Pokemon Hack, it's based off of a Version of the GBC Game - Gold Version, right? When I was little, I never got to play Pokemon Gold/Crystal/Silver because Someone stole my Crystal Version...Anyways, I tried to Search ShinyGold and saw some Websites that had the Download link. The link or patch didn't work at all. Hope you finish Making/Translating (Whatever you have to do) the Game.

gokuguy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nov 3
Also working on changing the title screen sprite to HGSS Ho-oh devamped.

I also had the hardest time to find a working Shiny Gold patch in the first place. Mainly, my problem was that the TM bag glitched when I got my first TM/HM (depended on what I got first, HM05 or TM from Faulkner). I have to go all the way through the game to rename each trainer, & so far, no glitches with what I have now, so I'll make sure to make a correct patch for it whenever it gets to a more progressive point.

I'm thinking of doing Title Screens for Crystal & Silver For this, as long as this gold one works out, but I need votes. They will be different patches.
A) Just Silver
B) Silver & Crystal
C) Neither

About editing the easier version, It mostly depends on how complete it was. Shiny Gold X Beta 5 had fixed cities in Kanto (as far as I know). I don't think the easier one does. If it does turn out to be fixed, or I find out the correct way to fix it, Ill highly consider it.

gokuguy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Title Screen Change now. Ill also edit first post to show this.

hoohcompare.png

New is using undithered HGSS Ho-oh sprite, edited a bit & devamped.

gokuguy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nov. 5

I'm having palette troubles with trainer card sprites, because original "Gold" character was relocated. When I fix these, ill post screenshots.

Tsunii

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
just a minor thing but is it possible to change that "X" on the startscreen so it matches the rest of the text?

but nice to see that someone continues this great project
gbasp.gif

gokuguy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Game is still going great. Only thing I'm stuck on is getting the correct palette for the large, 256 color intro sprites. Other than that, everything is going great. Might see a patch by the end of the month.

I am r4ymond said:
When do you think you'll be finished? (Just Curious)
Not sure really. Some things were pesky at first, but are easier now. The main thing it will depend on is how much I really do on this. By that, I mean, I could just give the game a few sprite upgrades, Mt. Silver, and fixing text, or I could go all the way to changing the Phone Card back into the Cellphone, inputting devamped D/P pokemon sprites to give the game a new look, & making another copy of the game with lower level pokemon for the people that want a less challenging game. It all depends on how much effort I put into it. I will say this. Whenever I finish something major, like finishing name fixes, Mt Silver completed, or other things, I will release a patch.

Also, the reason the "X" is on the title screen, is because Zel wanted to indicate that it was the harder version. I can change this. I'll change this before the first patch comes out, & indicate in the intro message that it is version "X" instead.

gokuguy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, it is, devamped, that is. I've stated this. I thought it looked better than the original.

EDIT: I have started working on maps. Here is the outside entrance of Mt. Silver. Tell me how you all like it. If there is anything that needs to be changed, tell me.

mtsilveroutside.png

gokuguy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks. Ive got another ready, & one in progress. Ill post them tomorrow. (technically, today where i'm at, but anyway, Ill post them later.

Also, I found the problem with the other cities. They glitched up, & no one repaired them. Ill do it after finishing MT. Silver maps.

gokuguy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nov. 8
Updated Mt. Silver Outside image. I've figured out how the maps work exactly now, so I have redone the map. Also, I have Room1 of Mt. Silver as well, finished.
Outside of Mt. Silver
mtsilveroutside.png

Mt. Silver 1F
mtsilver1f.png

Please tell me if anything is wrong with them, so I can change anything messed up.

gokuguy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks. I took those trees out for 2 reasons.

1) I couldn't find the tile for it... ;\
2) They are meaningless & pesky. They just take time out of playing the main game. There are only 2 in that area, both close together, so I didnt think they needed to be there.

When I find the locations of more tiles (trees, waterfalls, movable rocks, items, ect) Ill decide if I want to change it or not.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night