ROM Hack Pokémon Sacred Gold & Storm Silver

Arrow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I think I need some help from someone who plays this on the DSTwo xD

The USRcheat.dat works flawlessly, so it's nothing wrong with that.

However, when I try to use the cheats with patched ROM's (for example, this game) nothing shows up! Do I have to meddle with the ID of the game or what?

Drayano

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
If you do quit hacking, that sucks. I really wanted to see a Platinum hack from you considering most of them are bad/I can't find the LATEST patch(i'm looking at you Bloody Platinum).
Also, whatever happened to that FRO revamp? I think I remember you posting a video a while ago.
Well, maybe if I get bored during a vacation period...
And um... I don't actually know what happened to that. I was working on it somewhat but I can't remember what the hell I did with it. It got deleted a while ago at any rate...

Insert obligatory (yet true) comment about quality of the hack and experience I've had playing it.

Not sure if this is a problem with my emulator (Desmume 0.9.8) or your rom or, (most likely) a bad case of user error, but I cannot load the game except from a save state. Usually this isn't a problem and doesn't interfere with the game at all. However, having just beaten the Elite 4 for the first time, I am left stuck on a blank screen, unable to load the (battery, I guess) save made when you win. I saw something around about disabling certain AR codes so, to be safe, I disabled all of mine. I have a hard save from right before fighting Lance but didn't play with them for the majority of the game if it makes a difference.

After doing a little more testing I've figured out that I cannot open *any* roms a second time to their start screens. All give me a white screen which is not the result of me having pressed the "LID" button. Given that it seems to be an error on my end I don't know what kind of advice you or anyone can give me but anything would be appreciated.
Normally I would suggest it's because of the fast text code, but if you tried disabling it and it still failed then that's... really odd. It sounds probable that it's an emulator issue; aside from redownloading it I don't really know what to suggest.

However, when I try to use the cheats with patched ROM's (for example, this game) nothing shows up! Do I have to meddle with the ID of the game or what?
I don't use a DSTwo so I can't say for sure, but you do need to make sure the Game ID does match with SGSS in the usrcheat for it to show up.

As for what people have said about the TMs:
- Now, personally, I love the whole reusable thing about TMs in B/W; I felt it made it a lot more convenient to run certain teams and it's just a lot less hassle than previous generations where you might've had to go so far as to run through a game several times to get particularly good TMs. It's about convenience, really. I'm not too concerned about the possibility of it making things easier. There's also the fact I've already changed over half the TMs, so I'd have to start over AGAIN if I were to go back which would push back things even further. Before anyone tries asking, no, I am not doing a x1 TM version. You're more than welcome to limit yourself if you're worried about it being difficult, though.

- As for the PP concern, I will admit that one totally slipped my mind, but there's not a lot I can do about it. I find I quite rarely run out of PP though, even in the E4...

- The money won't be a problem, I intend to reduce every TM's worth to $0 (as Sylar said) so selling them will be useless.

Pancakes to Go

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Insert obligatory (yet true) comment about quality of the hack and experience I've had playing it.

Not sure if this is a problem with my emulator (Desmume 0.9.8) or your rom or, (most likely) a bad case of user error, but I cannot load the game except from a save state. Usually this isn't a problem and doesn't interfere with the game at all. However, having just beaten the Elite 4 for the first time, I am left stuck on a blank screen, unable to load the (battery, I guess) save made when you win. I saw something around about disabling certain AR codes so, to be safe, I disabled all of mine. I have a hard save from right before fighting Lance but didn't play with them for the majority of the game if it makes a difference.

After doing a little more testing I've figured out that I cannot open *any* roms a second time to their start screens. All give me a white screen which is not the result of me having pressed the "LID" button. Given that it seems to be an error on my end I don't know what kind of advice you or anyone can give me but anything would be appreciated.
Normally I would suggest it's because of the fast text code, but if you tried disabling it and it still failed then that's... really odd. It sounds probable that it's an emulator issue; aside from redownloading it I don't really know what to suggest.

There's talk on the Desmume forums of anti-piracy measures that corrupt the game kicking in with save state usage. I guess I'll try redownloading the game and playing through without save states. Perhaps I'll wait for v2.0.

Drayano

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
1724d4e8.png

(That's an image, but it shows you what's in the first post! Desmume is the best way to play.)

Also, this is the first time I've heard of save states and AP being linked. Interesting...

MichaelBaker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Finally got storm silver working on my DSTT :) Turns out the latest TTmenu update fixes the problems which caused a white screen.

I'm going to try Nuzlocking this but likely won't be easy :P

mark grimes

Trophies
XP
Country
Can anyone who has played this game for a decent amount of time post a review? I'm thinking about giving it a shot albeit I don't want to invest too much time into it if it's just another generic port.

hey i have played this game nearly the whole way through. I have done everything bar defeating red and catching all the pokemon. i found it a great hack the whole way through! i got to fill my party with my favorite 6 pokemon about olivine city due to the covenant orbs, metal coats etc. that allow you to evolve pokemon without trading. its been worth my time so far and i reccommend you give it a shot!

sylar66

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone who has played this game for a decent amount of time post a review? I'm thinking about giving it a shot albeit I don't want to invest too much time into it if it's just another generic port.

hey i have played this game nearly the whole way through. I have done everything bar defeating red and catching all the pokemon. i found it a great hack the whole way through! i got to fill my party with my favorite 6 pokemon about olivine city due to the covenant orbs, metal coats etc. that allow you to evolve pokemon without trading. its been worth my time so far and i reccommend you give it a shot!

I agree, having only played it about, I would guess a quarter of the way, I strongly recommend anyone who wants to travel across the Johto region again but with much more interesting and different things going on to play this hack!

Arrow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

I don't use a DSTwo so I can't say for sure, but you do need to make sure the Game ID does match with SGSS in the usrcheat for it to show up.
How to I do that? And can I change the ID without any effects on the hack?

thesmeedge

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey Dray,

First off, awesome hack you've here! I am loving it so far, though I have seem to hit a bit of a snag at Olivine city (much like other people have) and I can't seem to progress any further. So I got to a point after the safari zone quest where I tried beating Jasmine and lost. I had saved there and after turning off my game; some time passed before I played again.

After turning the game back on, I was surprised to find the Rocket Grunt blocking the Olivine gym again! Not only that, but ALL of the other events were reset, including ones where NPCs give you certain pokemon (surfing pikachu, starters, etc), only the Rocket quest was already registered as being done. The Rockets blocking the path on Route 47 were there, but the battles wouldnt initiate. . I scourged the boards here for an answer and tried a lot of different things.

I went back to the Rockets at the entrance to the zone to try and trigger the end of the quest. No luck

I flew to the safari zone and moved south and was able to fight and beat the Rocket boss again (Arianne? the red head). No luck.

I talked to the lady in the Pokecenter in Olivine to try and reset the flags. No luck.

I tried using different versions of the update, as well as using the clean rom and changing the name of the save file... You see where this is going..

I'm running out of ideas. The pokecenter lady only got rid of the Kimono lady blocking, but I still cant get the Olivine gym badge. I also can't manage to get AR codes to load to allow me to walk through walls, I'm mega-stuck.

I'm using version 1.05 and playing with my acekard2i flash card and had no other major issues up until this point. Is anyone else in the same boat as me?

IrishKoEa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
couple of bugs ive gotten so far with v 1.05 on Newest version of Desmume 0.9.8.

1: Now and again random sprite bugs occur with the main character on the top screen. If i go into a battle and come out of it the top screen goes completely black. this isnt the end of the world, simply save the game, re-open the save game and problem solved till next time.

2: The more inconvenient bug is that I cant rotate the puzzle pieces in alph ruins. that 1st puzzle cant be solved because the pieces just wont rotate. Will this affect my ability to complete the hack?

Edit: If anyone else has the same problem as described in 2 above, change around the screens, turn off your speed boost and it should work.

WillPaschall

Trophies
XP
Hey i am playing pokemon storm silver on desmume on a mac. I have had some very small graphic glitches throughout this game and so on. I just arrived at Olivine City, and as I enter the city, the gym door flies open and I expect my rival to walk out, but instead my game freezes. I need some help!!!

Castiel

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey i am playing pokemon storm silver on desmume on a mac. I have had some very small graphic glitches throughout this game and so on. I just arrived at Olivine City, and as I enter the city, the gym door flies open and I expect my rival to walk out, but instead my game freezes. I need some help!!!
Sorry, misread your post :/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The Castlevania game was on the PS1 so that's cool +1