ROM Hack Pokémon Sacred Gold & Storm Silver

Drayano

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
You can get another one, though it's a bit convoluted in comparison; the Blissey in the Pokemon Center outside Rock Tunnel gives you a new TM. Admittedly not that much help if you're playing SS, though.

gamerish

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't seem to get any responses to this so I'll post it here:

I'm using a Mac and would like to patch Heart Gold with the Sacred Gold patch but I can't get it to work with DS Rom Patcher which is the only DS patcher for Mac I can find. The command line script reads as shown below:

unknownd8a25e95254d:~ name$ /Users/name/Documents/My\ Stuff/Computer\ Stuff/DS\ Stuff/DS_Rom_Patcher/Rom_Patcher ; exit;
Patcher Coded by _Retro_
usage: dirname path
ls: /Rom/*.nds: No such file or directory
ls: /Patch/*.*: No such file or directory
/Users/name/Documents/My Stuff/Computer Stuff/DS Stuff/DS_Rom_Patcher/Rom_Patcher: line 7: /xdelta3: No such file or directory
logout

[Process completed]

I have the .nds file in the ROM folder and the .patch file in the patch folder like the instructions say - I also renamed both of them to SacredGold so that they had the same title with no spaces. There's a .nfo file that comes with it and I've tried putting it in both folder to no avail. There's also a xdelta3 file in the main DS Rom Patcher folder and I've tried putting that in both folders and it didn't work. I got it to work with the Volt White patch, but I can't for the life of me remember how I did it. I did find a pre-patched version but it keeps freezing at random places. Also, the only video with instructions on how to use DS ROM Patcher has been set to private so I can't view it.

Thanks!
why dont you just download the pre-patched game ? dray has one :yaynds:
The only pre-patch I could find (there isn't one in the OP) was on YouTube and that's the one I'm currently using but it constantly freezes at random times. I applied an anti-piracy patch as well as replacing the arm7.bin with one from Platinum but it still freezes. It's not the black screen freeze, the screen just freezes where I am but the music still goes on and continues. For example, a lot of the times it freezes just as I encounter a Pokemon in the grass and the screen just stops but I can hear the battle music, the enemy Pokemon's cry, and my Pokemon coming out of the Pokeball. So it seems to game still works, just not the screen.

Find a mac binary of xdelta and use that for patching.

In Terminal, do
Code:
$/path/to/xdelta /path/to/patch.xdelta /path/to/original.nds /path/to/patched.nds
I don't know what any of that means except for Terminal, I know what that is. I think I might have an xdelta3 binary because I have this file with no extension that says "xdelta3" but I don't understand the Terminal command.

Oh and I'm using this with NO$GBA. I tried DesMuMe but it's very slow and that's after it finally decided to work. Before, every time I clicked something off screen (like the File button or the Tools button), the game froze but it just stopped doing that randomly.

Findec

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You can get another one, though it's a bit convoluted in comparison; the Blissey in the Pokemon Center outside Rock Tunnel gives you a new TM. Admittedly not that much help if you're playing SS, though.

Also found another way, although its a tricky one.
First caught a Volbeat, then went searching for a Heart Scale and go to the tutor, seems like Volbeat is the only pokemon that learns flash by himself :P

Drayano

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ooh, yeah, I forgot Volbeat could do that. I guess that'll do it for now, haha.

Also, updated the first post with some tiny graphical thingymajigs. The logo's a bit crap, but didn't know what else to do for it D:. Shame I don't have knivez to make me another banner...

Half of my screenshots also randomly broke. ._.

pokewarrior55

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just caught Mewtwo, thank God I saved the game right before I checked for that little "surprise" you left, gonna save that one for just a wee bit later!

welkevintje

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey Dray,

I started streaming this game and found out where the Full Heal problem came from. For me it's between the battle with Archer and Giovanni. I have no idea how, but with Archer I checked my bag and had 1 full heal. After the battle with Giovanni I had 434 full heals or so.

pagianno

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Hey..I like this hack and the way finaly evolutions can happen without trading!

But, may i ask sth...Golbat can evolve with hapiness or should i use some kind of orb like i did with Eevee into Espeon? And also, I tried to get Espeon without using orb but couldn't so i guess this is the only way?

Drayano

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
The Full Heal's been confirmed to appear in the Underground, I'm pretty sure I know where it is so I should be able to fix it in the next update.

Golbat is still regular happiness evolution, and yeah Espeon has to use the Aubade Orb. I don't think you can have more than seven evolutions on a Pokémon so I wasn't able to have both methods present.

vgvgcfc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi when I use No$GBA I get these weird black line graphic glitch on most objects :/. I don't know if it is how I configured my No$GBA or it is the ROM or I am missing something with the No$GBA. I need help because I realllllly want to play this :(

Drayano

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
no$ can't render some of the graphics in the 4th gen games correctly. It hardly stops you playing, but...

521FBC38 20204001
221FBC3A 00000010
D2000000 00000000

Put that code in and it should 'fix' it.

harropeter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
During the event where you have to stop Team Rocket from taking over the Goldenrod Tower, if you turn on the GBA sounds, the GBA music and the original music will overlap each other. And if you open up menu to search for pokemon and etc, the music turns off and you can only hear the buttons. Just a bug I found.

HectorABonilla

Trophies
XP
Drayano the game pokemon sacred gold it has a bug when I trade a pokemon with my friend it reset the events like to get the pokemons from guys from the pokemon center, etc can u fix that bug pls thank u

HectorABonilla

Trophies
XP
Drayano the game has a bug when I trade Pokemon with my cousin it reset the evens of the games but I can't redo then anymore for if I already fought with team rocket In the safari zone the just stay there I can't talk to them or move over them, can u fix that problem pls thank u

moshbear

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I played around with Weedle's Personality Value, but the formula for Silcoon vs Cascoon (floor(((pv & 0xFFFF) % 10)/5)) doesn't work - it always goes to Silcoon.

Mochorro

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hey Dray I have a problem with the game and I hope you can help me.
I'm playing storm silver on my m3i zero card and the game ran smoothly until i beat whitney.
Now the game freezes every minute, it doesn't matter where i am. I really like this game and I would be glad if I could play it more, but right now the game is unplayable.

Really? I also play this game in my m3i Zero, and after beating Whitney the game is still fine, I have caught Sudowoodo, and my game doesn't freeze. I use retrogamefan multicart update in my m3i, that may be the reason... Do you use touchpod or m3 Sakura? If with both the game doesn't work, try the YSmenu.

vgvgcfc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no$ can't render some of the graphics in the 4th gen games correctly. It hardly stops you playing, but...

521FBC38 20204001
221FBC3A 00000010
D2000000 00000000

Put that code in and it should 'fix' it.
THanks I forgot to use No$Zoomer so that fixed the problem :)
Edit: I love the GB Sounds great idea :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Ok good chatting, I'm off to the bar, to shoot some pool, nighty night. +1