ROM Hack Pokémon Rutile Ruby and Star Sapphire: OR/AS Challenge Mode ROMhack!

night_hawk

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Of course i did. That's how i compiled, and they works. If you didn't rebuilded the customromfs.bin "before" building the update patch.cia, then do it

Dio Vento

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The online "patch" cia is just a dummy file. There's currently no way to include code.bin changes (mandatory for RR/SS) in a patch cia and also load files from the patch itself. The patch cia is just a code.bin that doesn't point at anything, which means it NEEDS to be used on top of a modified cia of OR/AS. Basically, the game checks "hey do you have 1.4" and the fact that you have the fake patch installed lets your game say "yeah i do" back at the servers, allowing you to get online with a non-updated, modified game. Ericjwg is correct, there is still no way to make a .cia that contains a modified code.bin and modified romfs files.

Reactions: DocKlokMan

Sonansune

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The online "patch" cia is just a dummy file. There's currently no way to include code.bin changes (mandatory for RR/SS) in a patch cia and also load files from the patch itself. The patch cia is just a code.bin that doesn't point at anything, which means it NEEDS to be used on top of a modified cia of OR/AS. Basically, the game checks "hey do you have 1.4" and the fact that you have the fake patch installed lets your game say "yeah i do" back at the servers, allowing you to get online with a non-updated, modified game. Ericjwg is correct, there is still no way to make a .cia that contains a modified code.bin and modified romfs files.
sad.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

forgot to mention, the update popout hint is because the new version packhack only create a certain version cia file. If you find the correct way to build the dummy patch, the update shouldn't even appear.

FATE4LIFE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi everyone i tink i found something !!.

After almost a day trying to make a a cia from this Awesome Roomhack i was like ( man im done ) dosnt matter how many times i tried the programs just fail over and over , my solution was downloading a .3ds file from OR/AS ( Clean ofc) , then i decrypt the room follow step by step and it works !! i got My Rutile Ruby Version 2.1 (.3ds) i encrypt my game again , then i use the ( .3DS > .CIA ) i install the game and everyting works !.
At this point i was like ok now i have to install that " online patch " for playing online.
Afer almost a day my little brother update my game via " freeshop" idk how the hell he knows how to use that app :V !.
Then before deleate the update i was like let me check if the update deleate something ( u know because the developers said DO NOT UPDATE THE GAME OR YOU WILL LOSE EVERYTHING ) With this i was like ok if i update the game i will lose all the changes from my game , cheap pokeballs , cheaps stats items ( iron , zinc etc. etc . ) then ,when i open my game everyting stays the same and i was Like WTF!! .Yea i dont know how but on the market i stil got those cheap pokeballs per 20$ and greats per 60$ inmedialty i ran to the stats store and i was like plz make cry ( lol ) and my sorprise was that i still have the same edit , they sell me iron , zinc , etc like 120 $ i check the " revive sell" expensive item 5k and stay the same so i save my game after beat the 2nd GYM , then i keep goin with my game and then my rival apears to have a Fight. My pokemons at this point are like lv 28 -32 and my rival still have that Full 6 pokes team lv 30 -32 .

So i dont know if i lose something cuz i never played this game before ( hacked one ) but i still have all the edited stuff and im on the 1.4V Official so what happend here ?

Last edited by FATE4LIFE,

Sonansune

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi everyone i tink i found something !!.

After almost a day trying to make a a cia from this Awesome Roomhack i was like ( man im done ) dosnt matter how many times i tried the programs just fail over and over , my solution was downloading a .3ds file from OR/AS ( Clean ofc) , then i decrypt the room follow step by step and it works !! i got My Rutile Ruby Version 2.1 (.3ds) i encrypt my game again , then i use the ( .3DS > .CIA ) i install the game and everyting works !.
At this point i was like ok now i have to install that " online patch " for playing online.
Afer almost a day my little brother update my game via " freeshop" idk how the hell he knows how to use that app :V !.
Then before deleate the update i was like let me check if the update deleate something ( u know because the developers said DO NOT UPDATE THE GAME OR YOU WILL LOSE EVERYTHING ) With this i was like ok if i update the game i will lose all the changes from my game , cheap pokeballs , cheaps stats items ( iron , zinc etc. etc . ) then ,when i open my game everyting stays the same and i was Like WTF!! .Yea i dont know how but on the market i stil got those cheap pokeballs per 20$ and greats per 60$ inmedialty i ran to the stats store and i was like plz make cry ( lol ) and my sorprise was that i still have the same edit , they sell me iron , zinc , etc like 120 $ i check the " revive sell" expensive item 5k and stay the same so i save my game after beat the 2nd GYM , then i keep goin with my game and then my rival apears to have a Fight. My pokemons at this point are like lv 28 -32 and my rival still have that Full 6 pokes team lv 30 -32 .

So i dont know if i lose something cuz i never played this game before ( hacked one ) but i still have all the edited stuff and im on the 1.4V Official so what happend here ?
no idea....

Sonansune

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So i guess that part " DO NOT UPDATE THE GAME OR YOU WILL LOSE EVERYTING " just works for the Homebrew users :P

For the CIA users if u update normaly didnt afect anything
update doesn't affect homebrew hans.

I have Pokemon X with 1.5 patch merged in game (the rom contains text translation and image edit), I can go online without the patch. but the update pop out still there.
after I download the official patch, nothing got overwrite.
Im curious about what's going on

FATE4LIFE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
update doesn't affect homebrew hans.

I have Pokemon X with 1.5 patch merged in game (the rom contains text translation and image edit), I can go online without the patch. but the update pop out still there.
after I download the official patch, nothing got overwrite.
Im curious about what's going on

Yea i was like let me test a bit if the "official update" change something but no , im still playing the game right now and i still have all the changes , items on the store , the full six pokemon GYM Battles and they keep it up with my level im lv 40 -42 right now and im fighting ppl with the same lv as me so everyting is working normaly with the official update but the question is How ? xD

Sonansune

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yea i was like let me test a bit if the "official update" change something but no , im still playing the game right now and i still have all the changes , items on the store , the full six pokemon GYM Battles and they keep it up with my level im lv 40 -42 right now and im fighting ppl with the same lv as me so everyting is working normaly with the official update but the question is How ? xD
yeh... oddly things happen

Soulsilve2010

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I just wanted to tell you that this game is amazing!Its pushing me harder then any other one has(only a fan game called Reborn comes close) so far.This is such a cool game and I really want to try your hack of Sun once its ready.I only have one question,I did the install correctly and everything is edited in the game except Mays outfit.Brendans looks fine but hers is still default red one.I am playing the 649 build.I'm okay with it as is but want to know if i did do it wrong.

I just wanted to tell you that this game is amazing!Its pushing me harder then any other one has(only a fan game called Reborn comes close) so far.This is such a cool game and I really want to try your hack of Sun once its ready.I only have one question,I did the install correctly and everything is edited in the game except Mays outfit.Brendan's looks fine but hers is still default red one.I am playing the 649 build.I'm okay with it as is but want to know if i did do it wrong.

Wait is Brendan supposed to have blue clothes too?He doesn't and I'm playing as him.So everything in the game is edited except outfits.

Dio Vento

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just wanted to tell you that this game is amazing!Its pushing me harder then any other one has(only a fan game called Reborn comes close) so far.This is such a cool game and I really want to try your hack of Sun once its ready.I only have one question,I did the install correctly and everything is edited in the game except Mays outfit.Brendans looks fine but hers is still default red one.I am playing the 649 build.I'm okay with it as is but want to know if i did do it wrong.

Wait is Brendan supposed to have blue clothes too?He doesn't and I'm playing as him.So everything in the game is edited except outfits.
The outfits are dark red in RR, and blue in SS.

Reactions: Soulsilve2010

lelecureuil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
anyone playing this could help a brotha out? I'd like to know if the Leveled version is a must play if you wanna beat the scenario with a decent Pokémon team? could it be too much of a hassle to level up a captured wild Pokémon at some point?

Ballist1x

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well I beat tHe elite 4 however I did come across a cheating cpu..

Someone maybe before the elite 4 had a Garchomp, launched into outrage. So I put Azumarill in and went for belly drum, next move garchomp pulls off a completely different move and didn't suffer confusion. I tested it twice more, if I switched into outrage and did a belly drum garchomp would snap out of outrage instantly on the next turn with no sign of confusion...

Ekaitz

Redhead Believer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-how-to-rebuild-a-custom-update-for-pokémon-xy-oras.391282/page-7#post-6638840

since new packhack didn't provide us an optional setting to change the version number. we should manually do it....

Hello @Dio Vento, if you have the time to do it, would it be possible to provide us an update with this small fix to disable the update nag?
That would be great. (Otherwise, could you tell me how to build this dummy update and I'll do it by myself ;) )

EDIT: Just managed to do that by myself using your custom update. ("Opened" it using PackHack by Asia81 (with the CE command), then rebuild it using CR, I used the trick gave by @Ericjwg (thank you dude! ;) ). I re-encrypted the CIA using Decrypt9 (did not know if it was mandatory), and it works fine! :)

The version of the 1.4 Update (the official update) is 7.7.0. That means you can just use the command provided by Ericjwg for Pokémon X/Y: It will work perfectly. ;)

Small question, not really related... Is there a romhack that is similar to Rutile Ruby Legit Build for XY? I would enjoy that.

Last edited by Ekaitz,

Soulsilve2010

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello @Dio Vento, if you have the time to do it, would it be possible to provide us an update with this small fix to disable the update nag?
That would be great. (Otherwise, could you tell me how to build this dummy update and I'll do it by myself ;) )

EDIT: Just managed to do that by myself using your custom update. ("Opened" it using PackHack by Asia81 (with the CE command), then rebuild it using CR, I used the trick gave by @Ericjwg (thank you dude! ;) ). I re-encrypted the CIA using Decrypt9 (did not know if it was mandatory), and it works fine! :)

The version of the 1.4 Update (the official update) is 7.7.0. That means you can just use the command provided by Ericjwg for Pokémon X/Y: It will work perfectly. ;)

Small question, not really related... Is there a romhack that is similar to Rutile Ruby Legit Build for XY? I would enjoy that.

I've only come this one with 3 builds,Eternal X/Wilting Y.Neo X/Neo Y have only 2 builds.
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=362505

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    True, everything almost double nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    But I could go to Aldis and get a cookie pie for like $4
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or use your new cooking pan and make some, don't mind the Old leftover foods mixed in.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just eat plain flour around cops
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    thats Gluten abuse, they would shoot you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends on the color chart
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Wheat flour has a lower chance at survival
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Isn't wheat flour the whitest of the white?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Rye would get shot at sight.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends
    img_5941-1.jpeg
    everyone mixing their flour now days
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That's whole wheat, right? Because all purpose flour is also made from wheat.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm not a flour expert I just snort it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There also is black rice flour, and its really black colored
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Bruh that's gray.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's ancientboi color
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    You need to add some activated charcoal.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've seen some that are dark dark, my wifey uses it sometimes in her bs recipes
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Cool.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Seems like your wifey likes hers black. :creep:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "BS" stands for "Bowel Scraping" because that's what whole grain does.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been eating honey wheat bread scrumptious
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    https://a.co/d/9xDkOHc lol living on the edge
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://a.co/d/9xDkOHc lol living on the edge