ROM Hack Pokémon Rutile Ruby and Star Sapphire: OR/AS Challenge Mode ROMhack!

Dio Vento

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since I'm beginning school today (8/22/2016) and don't know how much free time I'll have to continue the Strategy Guide project, I have added a link to the current Strategy Guide to the OP. The guide is incomplete but has pretty much everything necessary for your enjoyment:
  • Wild Pokémon Encounters and Recommended Levels for every area!
  • 100% complete pages for areas up until Route 123
  • Detailed information about the game's changes from OR/AS
  • Helpful tips for areas up until Route 123
I hope you enjoy it!

Last edited by Dio Vento,

UmbraNoctis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since I'm beginning school today (8/22/2016) and don't know how much free time I'll have to continue the Strategy Guide project, I have added a link to the current Strategy Guide to the OP. The guide is incomplete but has pretty much everything necessary for your enjoyment:
  • Wild Pokémon Encounters and Recommended Levels for every area!
  • 100% complete pages for areas up until Route 123
  • Detailed information about the game's changes from OR/AS
  • Helpful tips for areas up until Route 123
I hope you enjoy it!
You are so wonderful. I love these games.

Dio Vento

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You are so wonderful. I love these games.
Thank you very much. It's great to see these projects appreciated. By the way, there's no "portfolio" i could put the guide towards, but that's okay. I do this because I love Pokémon and wanted to create the challenging Pokémon games Game Freak doesn't. The only compensation I get from the project is from that little paypal badge in the OP. Nobody's used it yet, but that's okay! Like I said this project is entirely a labor of love.

UmbraNoctis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you very much. It's great to see these projects appreciated. By the way, there's no "portfolio" i could put the guide towards, but that's okay. I do this because I love Pokémon and wanted to create the challenging Pokémon games Game Freak doesn't. The only compensation I get from the project is from that little paypal badge in the OP. Nobody's used it yet, but that's okay! Like I said this project is entirely a labor of love.
Well, the image is broken, so that probably doesn't help. But I tossed you something. :)

Ekaitz

Redhead Believer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm really looking forward to your next project with Sun & Moon. I'm sure that it will be great.
Last time, I asked if you wanted me to translate ORAS into French but you answered me back that you were not sure that you still had the files in an easy to exploit way but for Sun & Moon, if you want to and if you make any changes to the script, I would be glad to translate that to French. ;)

It's always better when more people can enjoy the full experience of a (modified) game. :)

Anyway, you really did a great job with this game, thank you for all your hard work.
Oh also, how hard would it be to "port" the hack to be entirely compatible with online playing? I wondered if it was even possible...

Dio Vento

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm really looking forward to your next project with Sun & Moon. I'm sure that it will be great.
Last time, I asked if you wanted me to translate ORAS into French but you answered me back that you were not sure that you still had the files in an easy to exploit way but for Sun & Moon, if you want to and if you make any changes to the script, I would be glad to translate that to French. ;)

It's always better when more people can enjoy the full experience of a (modified) game. :)

Anyway, you really did a great job with this game, thank you for all your hard work.
Oh also, how hard would it be to "port" the hack to be entirely compatible with online playing? I wondered if it was even possible...
I'll definitely talk to you when I'm done with script changes for UM/NS. Online play is possible, you need to build a RR/SS CIA and install the modified patch that's in the distribution pack. Instructions are in the OP.
Well, the image is broken, so that probably doesn't help. But I tossed you something. :)
The image is broken? Can I get a screenshot of what you see because it shows up fine on every device I've accessed the thread on... Thank you for your donation!

Reactions: Ekaitz

UmbraNoctis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I installed the update patch when I did the initial setup, but I still get "update available" messages on my home screen. Is that normal?

Sonansune

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
one question? how did you do that? the "update" patch?
if you can merge the .code to the patch. can you please make a patch include all the mod?
I tried garcs editing with your online patch, but it gives me an error report after the loading.

Sonansune

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes but you are not explaining what you wish to do. Do you want to use the code.bin of the rom into the update? You can
how? it doesn't work.
I tried. Replace the code.bin in update exef with the one provide in package. move edited garcs into a0, a1 folders etc. and change all the pointer with asia81's PPPT.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Yes but you are not explaining what you wish to do. Do you want to use the code.bin of the rom into the update? You can
btw, do you know how to manual edit the code.bin?
upload_2016-8-27_18-57-1.png
upload_2016-8-27_19-3-33.png
(A code.bin extract from a mod game, I think the author did something with the structure...)
This is not the code.bin I'm using, the code.bin I'm actually "playing" with is the original patch. Just asking for an answer....

night_hawk

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
What i did was:
Decrypt and extract the update.
Copy the the provided code.bin in the package, overwriting the one i have in the extracted exefs.
Copy garc files following the structure a0 a1 and so.
Patching modified garc files with pppt.
Rebuild and install.
It works fine with star sapphire

Sonansune

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What i did was:
Decrypt and extract the update.
Copy the the provided code.bin in the package, overwriting the one i have in the extracted exefs.
Copy garc files following the structure a0 a1 and so.
Patching modified garc files with pppt.
Rebuild and install.
It works fine with star sapphire
same as what i did.... not working on SS.

night_hawk

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Forgot to mention the customromfs.bin step obviously. Well i dunno whats wrong in your end, i did the legit, leveled and 679 build, no errors so far

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Normal sandwich bread is actually pretty good for sausage depends on length of course