Pokemon & Pokedit/Pokesav

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by xshinox, May 21, 2014.

1. xshinox
    OP

xshinox GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 6, 2007
    United States
    So now that the Nintendo Wi-Fi service for DS is shut down as of today, how do I edit Pokemon so I can put them on my retail BW1/2 then Poke Transfer it to Bank then transfer to XY?

Before I just make Pokemon on Pokedit site then send it to GTS where I can use my retail copy of Black 2 to receive then transfer that to Bank then to XY with no problems.

The problem now is that now that I can't do that, I have to edit and save a Pokemon as a .pkm file onto my White rom then trade to my retail Black 2 then Transfer to Bank but the Bank says the Pokemon aren't legit. Dunno what I'm doing wrong. Some Pokemon I want to transfer have egg/breed moves so I set them as received from Day Care Couple and where it hatched but still can't transfer...

2. yugix

yugix Sleepy

May 27, 2011
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    PokeEdit has a legit check function (even thought it is only for the new Editor).
    Also, if you go to pokecheck.org, you can find any pokemon you want with the data you need, they have a legality checker. Download the pkm and do the same.

3. xshinox
    OP

Mar 6, 2007
    United States
    That shouldn't work though right? GTS is shut down as of May 20, 2014.

4. yugix

yugix Sleepy

May 27, 2011
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    You don't need to use GTS. You will download the pkm from pokecheck and send them locally from your DS to 3DS :P

5. xshinox
    OP

Mar 6, 2007
    United States
    Ahh I see it now. Pre built legit pokemon. I have to use PokeSave B/W program right?

6. yugix

yugix Sleepy

May 27, 2011
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    You can use PokeGen. It support 4th Gen and 5th Gen games.

7. Borab

Borab Member

Newcomer
    Feb 15, 2013
    United States

How do you get the pkm files to the retail game? pokecheck isn't working for me after the shutdown

8. yugix

yugix Sleepy

May 27, 2011
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    If you have another DS/3DS which can play ROMs, you can get them to the ROM and then trade them normally to the retail.