ROM Hack Pokemon platinum hacking question

em2241992

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Out of curiosity is there a way to add more pokemon into the pokemon platinum game, or only edit the ones that are their. I personally want to make a hack to add shadow pokemon, but I would need to know if I can add more.

Escape

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think you will be able to add more, but you could just change the sprites of one of the pokemons...

SCVgeo

Trophies
Website
projectpokemon.org
XP
Country
United States
Tac 21 said:
why do people ask for impossible things/things we already can do?
Why do people assume that because we currently can't do something, that its impossible to?

Anyways, yes its possible, but its not easy. There is no program that will make it easy unless someone makes it. However its quite possible.

Wolfsclaw

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
SCVgeo said:
Tac 21 said:
why do people ask for impossible things/things we already can do?
Why do people assume that because we currently can't do something, that its impossible to?

Anyways, yes its possible, but its not easy. There is no program that will make it easy unless someone makes it. However its quite possible.

Relevant to my interests.
Can you give any hints (a tutorial would probably be too much)?
As in, which exact hex edits have to be done (sprite, expanding pokedex, implementing in pokedex, moveset, evolution set, base stats, ..... ?) and even better, have you / pichu2001 or someone else found out about offsets relating to these (moveset & evo set is not too hard as long as there's space [or can you expand here?], but where to, i.e., expand the dex?)

On another note, i'm desperately hex-digging through the ROM trying to find the data for the Pokemart; have you guys had any progress on this? seems like it WAS easier in 3rd Gen, although i've never hex-edited (curse 'hacked') these.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning