ROM Hack Pokémon Platinum - A little more English.

Status
Not open for further replies.

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
choji said:
DarthNemesis said:
sland said:
I wonder if there's another group on another website that's translating this game right now...
Found one!

Good one.
rofl.gif

I hear they'll only release it once it's 100% though but very reputable.
I really doubt an indie group like Nintendo will translate this game to English. I've never even heard of them, so they must not be mainstream.

Atos28

Trophies
XP
Country
War said:
I think this is the problem with the 8Mb save or something like that... I'm sorry I don't know much, but I remember that to fix it you have to put a really big save file in your memory card, and that will fix your saving problem for most games.

Can you please tell me how to do that (making it 8mb or 1mb save file)? If you don`t wanna explain then a website with instructions or a source where to find it would be good. Thank you very much

Atos28

Trophies
XP
Country
thedicemaster said:
yes, you'll need to make an 8Mb save yourself first(it's 8Mb, which is also known as 1MB)

sorry quoted the wrong person. I ment this quote by ´thedicemaster`. Can you please tell me how to do that (making it 8mb or 1mb save file)? If you don`t wanna explain then a website with instructions or a source where to find it would be good. Thank you very much to everyone who wants to help

FencingFoxFTW

Trophies
XP
Country
War said:
choji said:
DarthNemesis said:
sland said:
I wonder if there's another group on another website that's translating this game right now...
Found one!

Good one.
rofl.gif

I hear they'll only release it once it's 100% though but very reputable.
I really doubt an indie group like Nintendo will translate this game to English. I've never even heard of them, so they must not be mainstream.

those n00bs

actually, there's a spanish translation in the works, but I cant linky cuz they are posting the rom, not a patch

and since it's in spanish, I dont think most of you will be interested anyway

sland

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But some group should get it done by the time the English version comes out. Or, if I'm wrong, then it's vice versa.

choji

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sland said:
But some group should get it done by the time the English version comes out. Or, if I'm wrong, then it's vice versa.

Why would anyone want to finish it? No one is going to remember the person who made the patch after the english version is out anyways. It'd just be a waste of time just to please people like you who don't appreciate the time and work hackers put into it anyways. So if someone does translate the whole game, they should keep it to themselves.

choji

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sland said:
But, what if Platinum never comes out in the US? What would we do then?
cry.gif

It'll probably be out around April or March. Why wouldn't they release this when they know they'll make a profit.

shiroitaka

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thanks rykin this makes the game that much more playable
smile.gif
I did the japanese version of diamond when that come out and it took me about twice as long! so this is a wonderful help! Thanks again and dont let the whingers get you down!

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
sland said:
There's no reason for it not to be released in NA. The game WILL be released in English, and there's no need for someone to translate it.

If by some unholy reason Nintendo announces that it won't be released in NA, then I'm sure several teams will spring up and try to translate it 100%.

Johnboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
choji said:
sland said:

Why would anyone want to finish it? No one is going to remember the person who made the patch after the english version is out anyways. It'd just be a waste of time just to please people like you who don't appreciate the time and work hackers put into it anyways. So if someone does translate the whole game, they should keep it to themselves.

Why does people remembering you have to be so important? I don't believe people do this for publicity. And how am I going to forget Rykin anyway? His name comes up every time it loads(note that I am not saying this is a bad thing), I won't forget him. At least not soon.

I personally would like a translate of what text is left but it's not like I'm going to demand it like a baby. Also, what else can we do to show our thanks but say thank you? Is there a way to reward people in other ways on this site that I don't know about?

Rykin

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Johnboy said:
Why does people remembering you have to be so important? I don't believe people do this for publicity.

I personally would like a translate of what text is left but it's not like I'm going to demand it like a baby. Also, what else can we do to show our thanks but say thank you? Is there a way to reward people in other ways on this site that I don't know about?
I'm not looking to be remembered. While a "good job" or "thank you" is nice to see, I don't require any of those.

As long as people don't complain, I'm content. Yes, the patch isn't perfect- what's the alternative? Japanese. Enjoy that then.

Supersumo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have an idea - get all the text run it in a translator then put it back in again - may not be the best but hey it is a start

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
jaywilson said:
im trying to geth mystery gift,
i need to say everyone happy
but i cant find happy in the list, do i have to i play the game more to unlock happy?
or is this a bug, thanks:D

I did it the painful way and searched through the Japanese words. Oh the horror...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: