United States

HelloKitty

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
According to IGN.. it says this year..

TBA 2006  Pokemon Pearl  Nintendo  RPG

So.. I'm thinking near Christmas for a release?
http://ds.ign.com/index/release.html
but they've also got castlevania listed as a november release (which is dec). from what I'm hearing, with pokemon ranger due out this week, diamond and pearl won't make a stateside appearance until the spring.

Spring?? Thats too bad
cry.gif

Hope Ranger will be good.. because pokemon dungeon was NOT fun for me
dry.gif

Westside

Sogdiana
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Uzbekistan
If it follows the ruby and sapphire tradition for the amount of time it takes to translate, it should be released around Christmas or around January. Unless they pull a gold and silver which got released after a year.

yuwing

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If it follows the ruby and sapphire tradition for the amount of time it takes to translate, it should be released around Christmas or around January. Unless they pull a gold and silver which got released after a year.

it takes 3 months to study and prepare everything for pokemon battles. I don't wanna lose to the japanese! WIFI is dangeorus!

Rangent

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Typically... translation is a 3-6 month process... so September 29th was JAP release so that would typically make US release Dec (unlikely) - March (more likely), and EUR release typically 2-3 months after that (Juneish). Surprised that Gamefreaks/Nintendo hasn't posted any kind of international release date though.

sabinraijin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well the last traditional Pokémon game to be released was Emerald, and the J version of that was released on a September, just as D&P. Emerald was released in the US seven months later, in April. In contrast, Ruby & Sapphire only took four months to translate and bring stateside (November for Japan, March for US). That makes me scratch my head a bit, because Emerald didn't really require much translation. The only things that needed translating to English for Emerald were the new additions, since the rest of the game used Ruby & Sapphire's English translation. Yet the game took seven months. That sorta makes me wonder if Nintendo simply likes releasing new Pokémon games shortly before school lets out, as to not interrupt much of the school year with a new Pokémon game (they're still very popular). So by that logic, I would assume D&P will hit US stores sometime between February and May. I'm leaning towards the end of March, though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.