Pokemon Pearl & Diamond

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by Binkx, Oct 28, 2006.

1. Binkx
    OP

Binkx Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 28, 2003
    Where can i find out when they are released, or does anyone know?

2. tabs

tabs Member

Newcomer
    Oct 11, 2006
    Philippines
    I cant seem to find anywhere about the release date too, please inform if anybody knows. Thanks!

3. HelloKitty

HelloKitty GBAtemp Fan

May 1, 2006
    United States
    Gaithersburg, MD
  4. thieves like us

thieves like us chaos personified

Jul 17, 2003
    United States
    left of the pond
    but they've also got castlevania listed as a november release (which is dec). from what I'm hearing, with pokemon ranger due out this week, diamond and pearl won't make a stateside appearance until the spring.

5. HelloKitty

HelloKitty GBAtemp Fan

May 1, 2006
    United States
    Gaithersburg, MD
    Spring?? Thats too bad [​IMG]

Hope Ranger will be good.. because pokemon dungeon was NOT fun for me [​IMG]

6. thieves like us

thieves like us chaos personified

Jul 17, 2003
    United States
    left of the pond
    ranger's ok, nothing special. you end up using the stylus to lasso pokemon.

7. shadowboy

shadowboy :D

Aug 30, 2006
    United States
    Ranger is decent, but D/P are better, just import or rom the jpn versions, it isn't that hard to understand.

8. Westside

Westside Sogdiana

Dec 18, 2004
    Uzbekistan
    Guantanamo bay
    If it follows the ruby and sapphire tradition for the amount of time it takes to translate, it should be released around Christmas or around January. Unless they pull a gold and silver which got released after a year.

9. yuwing

yuwing GBAtemp Fan

Feb 18, 2006
    Canada
    it takes 3 months to study and prepare everything for pokemon battles. I don't wanna lose to the japanese! WIFI is dangeorus!

10. Rangent

Rangent GBAtemp Regular

Aug 2, 2005
    United States
    USA
    Typically... translation is a 3-6 month process... so September 29th was JAP release so that would typically make US release Dec (unlikely) - March (more likely), and EUR release typically 2-3 months after that (Juneish). Surprised that Gamefreaks/Nintendo hasn't posted any kind of international release date though.

11. sabinraijin

sabinraijin GBAtemp Regular

Oct 16, 2006
    United States
    Well the last traditional Pokémon game to be released was Emerald, and the J version of that was released on a September, just as D&P. Emerald was released in the US seven months later, in April. In contrast, Ruby & Sapphire only took four months to translate and bring stateside (November for Japan, March for US). That makes me scratch my head a bit, because Emerald didn't really require much translation. The only things that needed translating to English for Emerald were the new additions, since the rest of the game used Ruby & Sapphire's English translation. Yet the game took seven months. That sorta makes me wonder if Nintendo simply likes releasing new Pokémon games shortly before school lets out, as to not interrupt much of the school year with a new Pokémon game (they're still very popular). So by that logic, I would assume D&P will hit US stores sometime between February and May. I'm leaning towards the end of March, though.

12. slayerspud

slayerspud GBAtemp Fan

May 20, 2006
    Do they sell good flash carts in phillipines? I am going there next summer and just wondering.

ON topic: Hasn't been announced yet, hopefully sometime soon like february.