Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
I was able to get the Eon Ticket using the Mac Cycler linked elsewhere in this thread. I just had to make sure the ini file was setup correctly and that I had the network settings on the 3DS and the virtual adapter setup correctly. It was a huge pain in the ass just getting the 3DS to connect. But once I did, it took me about 30 minutes of searching before I finally got it. I got a ***k ton of Miis dumped into my Mii Plaza from people all over the globe, so be prepared for that. ;)

I had the cycler go through 3 mac addresses total. First two didn't give me the Eon Ticket, but after the third I had it. :D

As long as you had the network settings setup correctly and pointed the mac cycler program to the correct adapter, it should eventually work. Make sure to modify the INI file to use the correct SSID if the default one it uses doesn't work for you. As for me I changed it to NZ@McD1 instead of the other one. I don't know if the other one would have worked for me but this one did. Nintendo Zone app was sounding off with a sound letting me know I was connected to a Nintendo Zone. If you hear that after setting up the wifi connection, you're ready to go. (don't actually try to use Nintendo Zone. That app won't work. But don't worry about that, it's not needed for what we're doing here)

Just close the lid and wait till the green led starts flashing. Once you do, open the lid up and launch the game. If you got a streetpass from a ORAS player, an icon will appear in the BuzzNav letting you know it's got something for you to update. (you don't have to connect the game to the internet to do this FYI, as the streetpass tag was considered "local"). let it update. If you streetpassed a Eon Ticket holder, BuzzNav will tell you to to go a Pokecenter to pick it up. If you are already in one at the time you updated BuzzNav, just leave and reenter and the delivery girl will be waiting to give you the Eon Ticket. If you don't end up seeing her. That just means who ever you streetpassed didn't have the eon ticket. either let it sit for awhile or start cycling to other mac addresses.

You can cycle with the 3DS in sleep mode. It takes about 20 to 30 seconds before you see the green led indicator go off if the mac address you cycled to had any streetpass tags.

D

Deleted-236924

It would seem that attwifi SSID does not work anymore for me, even though it had been working just fine for months before.
As soon as I changed the SSID to NZ@McD1, it works just fine. Received 6 streetpasses on my wifi card's mac address (the one I PMed you.)

I have yet to check if your 3DS was tagged to my wi-fi card properly however. I'm not sure if you tag a certain mac address under attwifi if it also tags the same hotspot under NZ@McD1.

I didn't get any Pokémon streetpasses however. I'm thinking it may be due to that one glitch you mentioned where streetpass cancels out streetpasses from the last game you activated it on, which makes sense because out of the six tags I got, 3-4 of them had OR/AS as their last played game and I didn't get a single OR/AS streetpass transmission. I did, however, get Streetpass Plaza, MK7 and Smash Bros. tags, which happen to be the only other titles I have streetpass enabled for.
I'm going to re-download SwapNote and enable StreetPass on it like you've suggested.

Aaaaaaand it says eshop is under maintenance when I try to connect to it on a different network. Nice.

(One annoying thing with the NZ@McD1 SSID, you cannot access the eShop when connected to it.)

Either way, do you think you could try tagging my mac address under NZ@McD1 instead of attwifi? It looks like my 3DS isn't going to recognize attwifi anytime soon, so... :P
Thanks for taking the time to tag all sorts of mac addresses just to transmit the Eon Ticket to other people, even though you have nothing to gain from doing it.

D

Deleted-236924

By the way, I've figured out a way I could bypass the problem I was getting with my wi-fi card disabling itself and not changing the mac address whenever I attempted to do it.
The trick was to manually disable my wi-fi adapter, then I get macshift, I do "macshift -i Wi-Fi 4E53504F4F47" in cmd and THEN I manually re-enable my wi-fi adapter.

I picked the first NZ@McD1 hotspot mac address you said you had tagged on page 2 (many people probably wouldn't be able to use the second one btw), got a single OR/AS streetpass tag and received the Eon Ticket from buzznav.

You don't need to worry about re-tagging the mac address I PMed you under the NZ@McD1 SSID anymore.

Edit: Spoke too soon, I still run into the same issues as I usually do. Wi-Fi adapter not wanting to re-enable when I right click enable it, Windows gets stuck on Restarting... when I try to reboot, an ultimately the mac address hasn't changed.

Having lots of trouble changing back to my original mac address, lol. But ultimately, I was able to change to one of the mac address you had tagged and got the ticket, which is what matters. Thanks again!

Edit 2: Ok, now this is just weird. Did anyone else have the Eon Ticket just disappear on them?
I definitely saved after picking it up from the Pokémon Center delivery lady.
I went and talked to Norman in his Gym, but he hasn't mentioned anything about the ticket. Maybe there's a glitch where Norman takes the ticket when you talk to him regardless of story progression?

And this is right after I finally manage to change back to my original mac address for my wireless card too. I wonder if my save file is flagged as already having received the ticket and it's now permanently unable to get Latias from Southern Island, or if beating the Elite Four will automatically unlock the ability to go to Southern Island.

Edit 3: Fast forward to the next day, I turned on my computer so that my 3DS would pick up streetpasses, then my Omega Ruby game told me I had streetpasses 30 people and gave me another Eon Ticket. Let's just hope this one doesn't disappear >_>

mijuu

Trophies
XP
Country
I have the virtual attwifi thing setup 3ds connects fine. have cycled through 3 macs with mac shifter havent got any hits though. How can i tell if its working or not. Also how can I manually hit custom macs?

hOW CAN YOU TELL IF ITS WORKING OR DO YOU HAVE TO WAIT A FEW HOURS? cba retyping this line..

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of

mijuu

Trophies
XP
Country
How can you tell if its working? I already followed another guide and have a virtual device setup 3ds has connectivity and i am using a mac cycle program, but how the heck do you know if its working or not?

yugix

Sleepy
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
How can you tell if its working? I already followed another guide and have a virtual device setup 3ds has connectivity and i am using a mac cycle program, but how the heck do you know if its working or not?

After that, if you close the 3DS and wait, the light for Wi-Fi will turn green and blinking. If it finished, it means someone passed you. (Not necessarily an Eon Ticket owner).

Sychophantom

I'm a plant.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You still offering the Eon Ticket? If so, on what MAC Address and is it under attwifi or the other one?
I'll hit the MAC I posted for this after work today under attwifi. I'm still hitting random MACs, but I've slowed down my homepassing since I finished all the NA puzzles. Still have some JP ones to get and work on, though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att did offer a $500gc tempting to use it for 6 months and cancel