pokemon mystery dungeon games

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by chillyloop, Nov 16, 2009.

Nov 16, 2009
  1. chillyloop
    OP

Member chillyloop GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    I would like to have a go at playing some pokemon mystery dungeon games because I have never played them before. Which order do I need to start them in on the DS? Also are these games good RPG's?

2. jackryan

Newcomer jackryan Member

United States
    Being honest, I don't think there is a specific order. If anything, I believe that they function much the same as the regular series - Diamond/Pearl/Platinum. I believe that Time/Darkness/Sky are much the same. They probably have many of the same characters and events, possibly from a different angle.

Hope that helps. If you want the first set of games, go with Blue/Red Rescue Team.

As far as the role-playing aspect of the games, I found them to be enjoyable. Don't expect more out of it than you put into it.

3. geminisama

Member geminisama Metsu

United States
    Well, there is somewhat of an order; there is Blue Rescue Team, the NDS part of the GBA version. Then you got Time/Darkess/Sky, and I'd go Sky over the other 2. Sky is like the Platinum of this generation.

And if you have a thing for rougelikes, you'll enjoy the game.

4. chillyloop
    OP

United Kingdom
    What is rougelikes? Sorry.

5. geminisama

Member geminisama Metsu

United States
    Have you played Izuna 1-2, or Shiren the Wanderer? It's like those, with Pokemon, and much more to do.

6. chillyloop
    OP

United Kingdom
    No I have not played them, I am kinda new to most RPG's. Is mystery dungeon a long game?

7. XWolf

Member XWolf GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    As long as you want it to be. Personally I prefer Shiren the Wanderer myself but Sky is nice too.

8. I am r4ymond

Member I am r4ymond PFE

United States
    I believe he's talking about Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games. Well, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Blue was pretty much the same as Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue Team (Old Versions) You can play in this Order if you want: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Red/Blue/Time/Darkness/Sky.

9. RupeeClock

Member RupeeClock Colors 3D Snivy!

United Kingdom
    If you've never played any of the mystery dungeons games, I would advise skipping red/blue and time/dark, going straight for sky.

Red/blue is the first game and it was a whole new thing, and there was a lot of things they fixed in the sequel, time/dark.

Sky is an improved version of time/dark, so there is no reason to get those versions anymore.

10. Isabelyes

Member Isabelyes GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    Though TDS had a better story (surprisingly good, considering it's pokemon),
    I Enjoyed Blue Rescue Team way more, and I'd start with that one if I were you.

11. Aeladya

Member Aeladya *mistressOFtheCLOW

United States
    There isn't really much of a sequel going on here so you can play whichever one you want. The PMD games are dungeon crawlers. I've heard it's rather similar to Dark Cloud if you've ever played that or even Azure Dreams or Baroque. I suggest watching gameplay on Youtube to see if you will like them. I preferred the last three better than the first two, but to each his own.

12. RODIFIRE

Member RODIFIRE GBAtemp Regular

Greece
    hi all
    I hear that the Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky can be played co-op offline in many sites I can find how
    I and my bro have 2 ds and 2 games can someone help me how to play co-op?

13. basher11

Member basher11 GBAtemp's Official Vocaloid Lover

United States
    dont hijack people's thread. make a new topic.

14. RODIFIRE

Member RODIFIRE GBAtemp Regular

Greece
    you think is beter to make a new topic of the same game?
    that's why noone answer my simple question?
    I only post here for not make topic new with no need but if theres no problem I will make one and I hope to get my answer