Gaming pokemon mystery dungeon games

chillyloop

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I would like to have a go at playing some pokemon mystery dungeon games because I have never played them before. Which order do I need to start them in on the DS? Also are these games good RPG's?

jackryan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Being honest, I don't think there is a specific order. If anything, I believe that they function much the same as the regular series - Diamond/Pearl/Platinum. I believe that Time/Darkness/Sky are much the same. They probably have many of the same characters and events, possibly from a different angle.

Hope that helps. If you want the first set of games, go with Blue/Red Rescue Team.

As far as the role-playing aspect of the games, I found them to be enjoyable. Don't expect more out of it than you put into it.

geminisama

Metsu
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Well, there is somewhat of an order; there is Blue Rescue Team, the NDS part of the GBA version. Then you got Time/Darkess/Sky, and I'd go Sky over the other 2. Sky is like the Platinum of this generation.

And if you have a thing for rougelikes, you'll enjoy the game.

chillyloop

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
geminisama said:
Well, there is somewhat of an order; there is Blue Rescue Team, the NDS part of the GBA version. Then you got Time/Darkess/Sky, and I'd go Sky over the other 2. Sky is like the Platinum of this generation.

And if you have a thing for rougelikes, you'll enjoy the game.

What is rougelikes? Sorry.

chillyloop

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
geminisama said:
Have you played Izuna 1-2, or Shiren the Wanderer? It's like those, with Pokemon, and much more to do.

No I have not played them, I am kinda new to most RPG's. Is mystery dungeon a long game?

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe he's talking about Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games. Well, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Blue was pretty much the same as Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue Team (Old Versions) You can play in this Order if you want: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Red/Blue/Time/Darkness/Sky.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If you've never played any of the mystery dungeons games, I would advise skipping red/blue and time/dark, going straight for sky.

Red/blue is the first game and it was a whole new thing, and there was a lot of things they fixed in the sequel, time/dark.

Sky is an improved version of time/dark, so there is no reason to get those versions anymore.

Isabelyes

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Though TDS had a better story (surprisingly good, considering it's pokemon),
I Enjoyed Blue Rescue Team way more, and I'd start with that one if I were you.

Aeladya

*mistressOFtheCLOW
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There isn't really much of a sequel going on here so you can play whichever one you want. The PMD games are dungeon crawlers. I've heard it's rather similar to Dark Cloud if you've ever played that or even Azure Dreams or Baroque. I suggest watching gameplay on Youtube to see if you will like them. I preferred the last three better than the first two, but to each his own.

RODIFIRE

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
hi all
I hear that the Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky can be played co-op offline in many sites I can find how
I and my bro have 2 ds and 2 games can someone help me how to play co-op?

basher11

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RODIFIRE said:
hi all
I hear that the Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky can be played co-op offline in many sites I can find how
I and my bro have 2 ds and 2 games can someone help me how to play co-op?

dont hijack people's thread. make a new topic.

RODIFIRE

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
you think is beter to make a new topic of the same game?
that's why noone answer my simple question?
I only post here for not make topic new with no need but if theres no problem I will make one and I hope to get my answer

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    A @ Aglae Pheryl: Hi folks