ROM Hack Pokemon Liquid Crystal (Fire Red Hack)

thaddius

Charmander is not pleased.
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
This was released a while ago (Xmas 2011 apparently), but it's a hack of Fire Red that turns it into a remake of Pokemon Crystal for the GBC (companion to Silver/Gold).

I've uploaded it to file trip. Here's the original website if you, y'know, wanna check it out or something.

EDIT: Quick side note, it doesn't seem to be quite finished. Keep that in mind.

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Isn't Liquid Crystal the one that required emulator-specific hacks for part of it to work, and only actually works on certain VBA builds? Or am I thinking of something else?

thaddius

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Isn't Liquid Crystal the one that required emulator-specific hacks for part of it to work, and only actually works on certain VBA builds? Or am I thinking of something else?
After looking into it a little more, it turns out that you are right. You need to use an emulator. Specifically, this one.

FireEmblemGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I figured it was this one. Don't get me wrong, it's great that there are people this dedicated to GBA hacking (in fact, there's a patch in progress to allow hackers to use all 649 Pokemon and B/W mechanics in FR/LG hacks), but it's just kind of useless if it doesn't actually work on real hardware.

thaddius

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Indeed. I'm rather disappointed now that I know I can't play on the real hardware. Ah well. guess I'll just have to play the original. *sigh*

FireEmblemGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks like for the most part it works on real hardware, just not the RTC or day/night system. Unless more's changed since the outdated link I looked at.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: i always pee in the water