Gaming Pokemon Legitimacy?

levilomo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys,
I have a quick question. My friend has been playing Soul Silver on his M3DS Real, and hes been playing it legit with no cheat codes or anything, and he wanted to trade with me. I was wondering if the pokemon he caught would be legit or hacked, cause I rather like having clean legit pokemon.

I tried searching around for answers but couldnt find any, so sorry if this has been posted before.

Thanks.

AishunBao

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure if they were generated legit, they would be read as legit as can be on another cart. There's no reason for any of the games to read it any differently when the ROM is exactly the same whether the cart itself is legit or not.

I've even transferred my whole Pokemon Diamond save file from my slot 2 G6 Lite to a completely brand new store-bought copy of Diamond and have had no problems at all.

Black ace

Trophies
XP
Country
Also when people hack their pokemon their is usually a way you can spot it from the summary(Date caught,Level-Legendaries,type of ball-starters are only caught by pokeballs)

Revolution [9]

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You could take the save file from his M3, open it up with PokeSav, extract the .pkm files, and then use Pokemon Legality Checker. But if he hasn't used cheats, they're probably legit. Unless it's like "Date caught: Jan, 0, 0000" or caught in a Cherish Ball when it shouldn't be.

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Just because he's using a flashcard doesn't mean he has hacked Pokemon. I mean the only way to know would to bluntly look at the Pokemon for any giant signs saying that its hacked or you could ask him if he used PokeSav.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart: food?