Hacking Pokemon HS/SS card compatibility thread

Aeladya

*mistressOFtheCLOW
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So do these games work with the version of AKAIO (I have an Acekard 2i, I noticed 2 was on the list, but I'm tired and can't think straight...the baby was up crying all night) that just came out earlier this week? I've heard multiple answers and I'm not sure. Either way I've got SoulSilver on preorder so it doesn't matter to me all that much. I can't do anything right now as I'm not at home and I'm at my cousin's babysittting and won't be home until like tomorrow.

sloanesky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rogue Trader said:
Thus far i've played about an hour on Cyclods with the 1.58beta.1 firmware and there haven't been any issues.

Any other information you can give? I am trying under the same circumstances and upon trying to load the game I am met with nothing but two white screens.

random-passer-by

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Nigeria
ZenZero said:
~~~100% working~~~
Acekard 2

Lol, I have an AceKard ver2.1 and the game randomly freezes/BSoD's after certain amount of events, just like in other cards...... but that's probably because I'm forced to use older version of firmware (AKAIO 1.6RC1 freezes on the "Loading..." screen no matter which game I try to run.)

alltooamorous

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It still sometimes freezes with 1.8 firmware on the Edge. Acekard 2 and Acekard 2.1 with AKAIO 1.6RC1 firmware also still freezes, but it's much less frequent than on the Edge.

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
I was under the impression the Cyclo was suffering the same AP problems as everything else, hence why I've not transferred the file to my card yet. Was that impression wrong? The only version I've tried was a so-called 'pre patched' version which just gave me two white screens. Should I bother to try the clean rom? I'm running fw1.58b1 for the sake of the Sonic Classic Collection (S3+K is too good to ignore) but from what I gather it works on earlier f/w. Does it still have the 24 events freezing issue, the 3rd badge AP hell, etc?

taken

Trophies
XP
Country
Tried pokemon Hg froze on the Edge card 1.8 firmware 30 minutes into the game where the girl teaches to catch pokemon.
Lucky I save before it.

yaz12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Tried pokemon Hg froze on the Edge card 1.8 firmware 30 minutes into the game where the girl teaches to catch pokemon.
Lucky I save before it.
Same as me as soon as lyra teaches how to catch pokemon it freezes although the scenery still moves and music still plays kind of like when you drop your ds on the ground

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
alltooamorous said:
It still sometimes freezes with 1.8 firmware on the Edge. Acekard 2 and Acekard 2.1 with AKAIO 1.6RC1 firmware also still freezes, but it's much less frequent than on the Edge.
It doesn't freeze, you just fail.

Saloma

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use an itouchDS with the 3.7G firmware (the newest). It freezes randomly, and I can't use wifi when friend codes are involved. I was able to go to the plaza, strangely, but whenever I try going to the other mode it freezes as soon as it asks if I want to connect. Overall, the game is playable if you save often, but a fix would definitely be good.

Forstride

The rudder moves when I turn the wheel
Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
I'm using an original R4 with 1.18, and the ROM doesn't have any patches, and I've only had 2 random freezes (I'm about to enter the first gym). One was coming out of a PokeCenter, and the other was going into a battle (It froze when it was transitioning to the battle).

signz

Timelord
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Normmatt said:
alltooamorous said:
It doesn't freeze, you just fail.
I would say that, too. I got an Acekard 2.1 with AKAIO 1.6RC1 and Heartgold never froze after 16 hours of playtime!
wink.gif

ZenZero

GBATEMP's regular arse.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Keeley said:
How'd you get it to work on the DSonei perfectly after the patch mine still freezes...

i am running in EOS, no patches. PATCHED MODE

no freezing
+ saving works fine

i can even RTS at will.

oh, and for saving whilst running clean mode, save your game - then turn your ds off, and quickly on again, you dont have to boot anything, and as soon as the menu is loaded you can turn off again, but it saves when this is done

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: so true