Pokemon Home / PKHEX Transfer

ToneDeaf15

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, sorry if this has been discussed before. Can I LEGALLY transfer my pokemon from Sun/Moon to Scarlet/Violet using PKHEX or is home the only option?

ToneDeaf15

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It won't be consider legal, and you can't transfer from sun/moon to scarlet/violet now.
Pokémon Home is coming in the spring I know so as far as "legal" i know that having Zacian at this moment isn't possible so having Zacian is technically "illegal" My question pertains to the legality of using PKHEX to transfer. Magicarp is available on VS so lets say I transferred a shiny magicarp from my Sun/Moon game to Violet/Scarlet using PKHEX to export, would that be flagged as illegal? Would you be able to elaborate on how and why it doesn't work?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pokémon Home is coming in the spring I know so as far as "legal" i know that having Zacian at this moment isn't possible so having Zacian is technically "illegal" My question pertains to the legality of using PKHEX to transfer. Magicarp is available on VS so lets say I transferred a shiny magicarp from my Sun/Moon game to Violet/Scarlet using PKHEX to export, would that be flagged as illegal? Would you be able to elaborate on how and why it doesn't work?

It would be considerally illegal, you won't be able to take it online.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a bit more info you can provide as to why? I'm just trying to understand what makes it illegal.

They have a checklist for what you can bring to online match, Im not sure if you can inject pk7 files into gen 9 save, possibly not possible, just wait for home support.

ToneDeaf15

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They have a checklist for what you can bring to online match, Im not sure if you can inject pk7 files into gen 9 save, possibly not possible, just wait for home support.
Yeah I have some theories/opinions myself. I was hoping for some clarification on how this all works just for my own curiosity. I will wait and see if anyone has more knowledge on this topic. Thank you for the input also.

Newwaverap

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I understand your question but I don't know enough about it to answer thoroughly and it looks like neither does Hayato. Someone here will probably be able to explain how this works.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: +1