Not open for further replies.

dunwun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Squall Leonhart said:
Encrypting, and emulating SWI's did nothing for the random freezes in desmume.

I downloaded desmume x64 and loaded my bios in the settings. I clicked boot from firmware but I got APPCRASH but not only for HGSS but for other games which leads me to believe desmume doesn't support that ability. So I don't know if this will work outside of no$gba.

I am not really familiar with desmume but it's nice that its open source! I just use no$gba and my flashcard so I really never tried desmume.

ChaosEmerl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Gamemasterdavey said:
Couldn't someone just make a patch for the JP game with the English script files? JP already has an AP fix.
If it were that simple, someone would have done it already.

mameks

in memoriam of gravitas
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Gamemasterdavey said:
Couldn't someone just make a patch for the JP game with the English script files? JP already has an AP fix.
Good luck with that one...

Posts merged

ChaosEmerl said:
QUOTE(Gamemasterdavey @ Mar 12 2010, 09:32 PM) Couldn't someone just make a patch for the JP game with the English script files? JP already has an AP fix.
If it were that simple, someone would have done it already.
Also this.
Ooooooh, auto-merge o_0

Aeladya

*mistressOFtheCLOW
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ACDCGAMER said:
Wow, I can't believe how desperate some people are for a fix for this game. Don't get me wrong, I want the game fixed as well, but I can wait... hopefully. :S

I'm not...I'm just watching out of sheer boredom...I have my copy preordered...I just won't get the figure...I don't trust Gamestop as far as I can throw them...they're opening early and I can't get there until an hour later maybe (it depends on if I can get a ride) and for me I've had bad experiences with Gamestop saying the bonuses were first come first serve to WHOEVER came in, whether they preordered or not...I'm almost positive I'm not getting my preorder bonus. I'd walk since it's really close, but I haven't been too coordinated lately and I can't walk to save my life...I should have preordered at Target...at least I could pretty much guarantee my bonus...and I could have picked up Ponyo within 2 feet of the counter...

dunwun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gamemasterdavey said:

Why don't you? Take his patch and disassemble or maybe even decompile it (haha prolly not tho) and change it for the US rom. Even if you do get the patch working for the US rom, it'll most likely corrupt your game.

Donixs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
injected11 said:
Paying more than the cost of the game itself so you can play a pirated version is one of the dumbest things I've heard today.
The day isn't over.

eugene222

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hmm with Zelda Spirit Tracks it works too. Someone has open the german version with AP, take the Language Files and put them Into the US Version, with fixed AP. So maybe it could be possible to make the same with Pokemon...

Jasonese

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Aeladya said:
I'm not...I'm just watching out of sheer boredom...I have my copy preordered...I just won't get the figure...I don't trust Gamestop as far as I can throw them...they're opening early and I can't get there until an hour later maybe (it depends on if I can get a ride) and for me I've had bad experiences with Gamestop saying the bonuses were first come first serve to WHOEVER came in, whether they preordered or not...I'm almost positive I'm not getting my preorder bonus. I'd walk since it's really close, but I haven't been too coordinated lately and I can't walk to save my life...I should have preordered at Target...at least I could pretty much guarantee my bonus...and I could have picked up Ponyo within 2 feet of the counter...

Lol that reminds me of when Tekken 6 came out, it was horrible. Not the game, but the crowds at Gamestop. There were fights breaking out and I just stood from a distance and watched.

I should go preorder HGSS...just gotta find $10.

jtenma

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
eugene222 said:
Hmm with Zelda Spirit Tracks it works too. Someone has open the german version with AP, take the Language Files and put them Into the US Version, with fixed AP. So maybe it could be possible to make the same with Pokemon...

That is actually not a bad idea. WOW.

dunwun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jtenma said:
eugene222 said:

That is actually not a bad idea. WOW.

No. I think Spirit tracks U and EUR version shared the same game id, so that's why it's doable.

If the pokemon french version is cracked soon, you can do the same thing for the US version. But that hasn't happened yet.

gurrry

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Wow, I can't believe how desperate some people are for a fix for this game. Don't get me wrong, I want the game fixed as well, but I can wait... hopefully. :S

I cant believe so many care about what others do with their time, and are willing to post that they are more patient than the others. Yet I garuntee you, you are checking this forum just as much as anyone.

dunwun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gurrry said:
QUOTE said:

I cant believe so many care about what others do with their time, and are willing to post that they are more patient than the others. Yet I garuntee you, you are checking this forum just as much as anyone.

It's amusing to see people squirm about their pokemons! You can't blame me for that
tongue.gif

ACDCGAMER

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
gurrry said:
QUOTE said:

Sure. The difference is that I've actually retained my sanity, unlike them. Would I like the fix to be released soon? Yeah. But I can always kill some time by playing a different game while I wait.
smile.gif

jtenma

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gurrry said:
QUOTE said:

A common remedy for trolls is just to ignore them.

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
I've been passing the time with my GBA emulator. Just finished Metroid Zero Mission. Hopefully the patch with be done soon, I'd hate to go starting FF6 or Golden Sun or something and totally forget to check on things here for about a week.

Ventrix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just called every game in my city that sells video games, none of them are selling it til sunday. It's so far away, i need my pokemans! Usually i don't support people buying video games and don't care what they do, but this game is worth the purchase, at 40$ i feel like i am robbing Nintendo if anything.

link_991

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dunwun said:
Gamemasterdavey said:

Why don't you? Take his patch and disassemble or maybe even decompile it (haha prolly not tho) and change it for the US rom. Even if you do get the patch working for the US rom, it'll most likely corrupt your game.

That's not what he was taliking about, he was suggesting making a translation patch for the JPN rom using the US rom language files

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :hrth::toot::grog::grog::grog::bow: HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me :bow::grog::grog::toot::hrth: