Leo Cantus

So zeta slow!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Jasonese said:
Well I just found out that after 22-25 events such as walking in and out of buildings, the AP kicks in. I don't know if this helps though.

This does prove that it's not time based, but is a set amount of events. If it helps I could find out which events trigger the counter and which don't.
Nice find. Mines freezing now (r4 ysmenu) so hopefully a patch will be released

Aska49

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jasonese said:
Well I just found out that after 22-25 events such as walking in and out of buildings, the AP kicks in. I don't know if this helps though.

This does prove that it's not time based, but is a set amount of events. If it helps I could find out which events trigger the counter and which don't.
I can confirm this on my M3 Real, latest Sakura firmware. I'm in Bellsprout tower, and going up and down a ladder it freezes during the transition every 24th time. I've done this 4 times now.

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
*Amazed at number of people reading the topic*
Anyways, I tested what Aska49 said about the 24th transition, and he is absolutely right, I tested this 2 times, on my DSTT running v1.17a12, however the game did freeze right after I saved (once), so...can't say anything about where the AP check occurs.

BluBomberX

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
My save is good but the freezing is kinda bad on my M3 DS REAL. Can't wait for the patch. Hopefully, it'll be out tonight. No matter how many times it freezes, I continue to play it
laugh.gif

SirBraneDamuj

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Aska49 said:
Jasonese said:

I can confirm this on my M3 Real, latest Sakura firmware. I'm in Bellsprout tower, and going up and down a ladder it freezes during the transition every 24th time. I've done this 4 times now.
Yeah, but it sometimes freezes after battles. Mine froze after five battles.

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm sure something will show. Maybe another firmware update for us Cyclo users, the team's been pretty damn good to us lately, what with the Sonic problems being sorted pretty quick and all. Until then, I'll be getting on with FFXIII, my ridiculous number of DS games, my Phoenix Wright marathon or maybe the GBA emulator I'd totally forgotten was still on my hard drive. Racing Gears followed by Metroid Fusion, perhaps?

Jasonese

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not really sure which events add to the counter, but so far I've found that transitioning areas(going through a door, up a ladder, etc), saving, and getting into a battle adds to the counter. I'm not too sure about the sliding panels at the ruins add to it since my DS touch screen is broken and I can't do anything about it anyway.

jtenma

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone confirm just plain walking causes freezing? Not in grass but on land. Thanks, I'm not next to my ds right now.

Yellow-SH

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
From what I read, the problem with the R4 comes from the French rom... Too bad, I have to wait a patch for my poor linker.
dry.gif

suicidaltaco

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
bik75 said:
I can also confirm the 24 counter, went in and out of a door to test it. Freezes with R4 no ysmenu

Can it be this simple? Can this mean my AKAIO 1.6RC1 is immune? I purposely went back and forth through a door 50+ times without issue last night to test... been holding out on playing though.

Leo Cantus

So zeta slow!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
suicidaltaco said:
bik75 said:
I can also confirm the 24 counter, went in and out of a door to test it. Freezes with R4 no ysmenu

Can it be this simple? Can this mean my AKAIO 1.6RC1 is immune? I purposely went back and forth through a door 50+ times without issue last night to test... been holding out on playing though.
It means your probably immune

Jasonese

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Can anyone confirm just plain walking causes freezing? Not in grass but on land. Thanks, I'm not next to my ds right now.

It doesn't so don't worry about it. It takes 24 events to trigger the AP. Walking is not a factor which would explain why you can get from town to town without freezing sometimes.

So count your events and save BEFORE the 24th.

NTAuthority

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Jasonese said:
I'm not really sure which events add to the counter, but so far I've found that transitioning areas(going through a door, up a ladder, etc), saving, and getting into a battle adds to the counter. I'm not too sure about the sliding panels at the ruins add to it since my DS touch screen is broken and I can't do anything about it anyway.

Exiting a menu (like the Pokemon stat menu) also seems to be part of the antipiracy counter. I got a freeze after 21 door transitions however, but I might have missed some, or it's really random.

Artix

Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
I got to Goldenrod [beat the 3rd gym] and hooooly shit the AP really got it up the ass - It blackscreens every minute now.
It's basically unplayable.

Well fuck me, is it like that for everyone else too? I guess I was finally cornered into the waiting4patch boat.

jtenma

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jasonese said:
QUOTE said:

It doesn't so don't worry about it. It takes 24 events to trigger the AP. Walking is not a factor which would explain why you can get from town to town without freezing sometimes.

So count your events and save BEFORE the 24th.

From my experience with the dstt, it froze on my way to Mr. Pokemon house. I was just walking. That is why I ask.

Jasonese

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NTAuthority said:
Exiting a menu (like the Pokemon stat menu) also seems to be part of the antipiracy counter. I got a freeze after 21 door transitions however, but I might have missed some, or it's really random.

I'm not too sure about the stat menu, but I'll test that right now.

EDIT: As of now, I think it's any loading sequence. So say any black screen, any battle, any white screen, and saving. You get 23 then you freeze. Save before the 24th.

Nox121

Trophies
XP
Country
bik75 said:
suicidaltaco said:
bik75 said:

It means your probably immune

I am using AKAIO 1.6RC1 and havent encountered a single freeze or anything so far, just got my first badge, walked in and out of a door 50+ times. It would seem that we are immune, I have read on many boards people using it are fine.

When I first put it on I dont know what firmware I was using, I hadnt used my acecard in ages, got to cherrygove pokemon centre and it froze. But since I updated to the version above not a single freeze.

Hope you guys get a patch real soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    jdhello
    @SylverReZ that guy seriously spent over 2 grand on that hot wheels pc?
    +1
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    LTT is a noob
    Guy doesnt know wtf hes talking about half the time
    @SylverReZ that reminds me that my friend sells CRTs he gets cheap or free for hundreds of dollars. people are dumb
    +1
    And is incredibly annoying.
    man I just washed my shoes and they look exactly the same as before I washed them :|
    luckily they didn't fall apart
    Some CRTs are very much worth the price
    i used to go out to the recycling center every couple weeks and look at the crts and other electronics people would drop off. Usually screens were broken or severely scratched from being tossed around. Did find a good one here and there, but never anything like a 1080i widescreen crt.
    Or a good contition 40" Sony Trini that weighs 300 lbs. lol
    Literally 300 lbs. lolol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I have a few of those boat anchors in my basement I tried giving away but no one wanted them, So anyone close to Columbus, Ohio area that wants them, (26", 2x 19") please come get, for free.
    Dont know anyone wants those smaller ones. Most are after larger sizes and the kinda top of the line models
    Motion handling and input lag on those things destroy plasmas, led, oled
    I had some really nice CRTs I should've kept
    now I have all lcd
    one in particular I regret getting rid of oh well :|
    the Sonys and stuff I don't care about
    and used LCD are hard to sell I can imagine.. not worth much
    @SylverReZ where do u lurk
  • a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool:
    Is it piracy if it was released for free? Not in my opinion, but I also think it's not piracy if buying it isn't owning it, and it's not piracy if you can't buy it from the original creators anymore.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Free release can have loopholes where they still make money through ads
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Free release can have loopholes where they still make money through ads