Ventrix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
iandykins said:
I'm playing just fine on my Acekard 2i.
Would it freeze or something later on the game? S:

it freezes at random point in time. could be 1 minute could be 20 hours.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The freezing isn't random. If you go in and out a building, it will freeze after the exact same number of times.

Ventrix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yez said:
Wait i dont get it... Why does it work on the Acekard 2i?

it works and is playable on almost all cards, but its the freezing issue that is the problem.

Posts merged

QUOTE(Lacius @ Mar 11 2010, 11:52 PM) The freezing isn't random. If you go in and out a building, it will freeze after the exact same number of times.

happened 4 times to me and it seemed pretty random, one was exiting a building, twice in the grass and once in my bag menu.

Elaugaufein

Trophies
XP
Country
For kicks I disassmbled Rudolph's patch. That ain't for the US version, its code specifically mentions the Japanese IDs (and only the Japanese IDs), that would be why its not working. So yeah. In case someone is going to be clever (but not too clever) and try and change that with a hex editor, different language versions usually have different offsets, so you're unlikely to achieve much beyond corrupting the file even if you get the patch to run (especially since carts that already patch for Japanese AP don't break this).

Ventrix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Elaugaufein said:
For kicks I disassmbled Rudolph's patch. That ain't for the US version, its code specifically mentions the Japanese IDs (and only the Japanese IDs), that would be why its not working. So yeah. In case someone is going to be clever (but not too clever) and try and change that with a hex editor, different language versions usually have different offsets, so you're unlikely to achieve much beyond corrupting the file even if you get the patch to run (especially since carts that already patch for Japanese AP don't break this).

that's what i figured, as i had said a few posts before. Thank you for doing the work to confirm it.

Posts merged

so now we sit and wait for the patch, i wonder whats gonna get here first... my legit copy on sunday, or the fix. hmm time will tell.

yez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So that means we need to make a tottaly new anti piracy hack... As i stated before how can you make one?
How did they make the japenese one?

link_991

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Elaugaufein said:

I would totally do that if I had any idea how.

Ventrix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yez said:
So that means we need to make a tottaly new anti piracy hack... As i stated before how can you make one?
How did they make the japenese one?

hope that Rudolph will make a patch for usa version.

C-Kronos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can confirm that the CycloDS is having issues. It froze right as the battle was beginning for someone in Sprout Tower. This is on Soul Silver, I'm going to guess it's the same for Heart Gold. We need an AP patch x.x, one that actually works.

Zurren

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
What's that about a code that fixed the random crashing in NO$GBA, for the Japanese versions?
Did anyone try it with these ones?

[EDIT] Thank you, and sorry for my lack of patience.
[EDIT2] Oops, forgot to ask what code was it.

C-Kronos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Zurren said:
What's that about a code that fixed the random crashing in NO$GBA, for the Japanese versions?

The code wont do much good, they're for addresses located in the Japanese versions of the game. If you can locate the addresses in the US version and change whatever needs to be changed, then it's probably possible. Until then, we have to wait.

cern

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Zurren said:

yes, read the thread. the english version needs new code

Mechachu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well... I came across an interesting thing... >.> Was walking to the first city (after going back to Prof. Elm and talking to the cop and such) and as I got to the city, that area was just all black. And then as I was typing this I went to look at the sign cuz I forgot the city name and it froze xD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo