Hacking Pokemon HG/SS still not working after 4.8 update?

adamjharris

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Updated, tried playing my current game (started not long after picking starter pokemon) and all was well until after battling my rival for the first time and heading up to the first trainer battle. Froze at the start before my pokemon was released.
Is anyone else still having problems after updating to 4.8?

Kamika

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Did you create that save file before the new firmware was released? If so, you may want to delete that savefile from the SD card and recreate it.

Dragoon709

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
According to what I have read you need to delete anything doing with pokemon HGSS the rom, opt files related to the pokemon game you are playing. I am at work right now and have not tested it, but that seems to be what was working for a few from the M3 forums......

QUOTE said:
ZeroSymbion

Group: Members

Today, 4:27 PM
To people having issues with HGSS, try these steps;

1. Delete ROM file
2. Delete SAV file
3. Delete OPT file
4. Delete SYSTEM folder
5. Download new SYSTEM folder, put on root of microsd card
6. Redownload CLEAN ROM dump, put in NDS folder
7. Safely remove microsd card from computer/card reader
8. Insert card back into M3
9. Insert M3 back into DS/DSlite/DSi
10. Boot NDS
11. If boot fails, make sure proper connection with card is made (try going NES style on it or something, blowing into the system/on cart connectors)
12. Test game.
13. ???
14. PROFIT!!!!

This worked for me.

quoted from the M3 forums.

eureca

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Doesnt matter if you delete everything before hand or format. The new update doesn't fix pokemon it doesn't freeze right away but eventually it will freeze. M3 still has to fix it.

-Mew-

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
It's been tested with formating, roms from multiple sites etc... It does not fix pokemon. Stop telling people to DO SHIT and WASTE TIME. IT DOES NOT WORK.

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
-Mew- said:
It's been tested with formating, roms from multiple sites etc... It does not fix pokemon. Stop telling people to DO SHIT and WASTE TIME. IT DOES NOT WORK.

Just be happy with your fix. I played it for an hour an a half last night without one freeze, and afaik the events required to freeze no longer lower after each badge.

heartgold

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
DeltaBurnt said:
eureca said:
Doesnt matter if you delete everything before hand or format. The new update doesn't fix pokemon it doesn't freeze right away but eventually it will freeze. M3 still has to fix it.

Go ahead and tell acekard that too.
Bullshit
lolwut, 60 hours into the game with AKAIO 1.6 no freeze experienced (specific patch wasn't even needed unlike other flashcarts lMAO)
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay