ROM Hack Pokemon HG/SS fix discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

fabarati

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
HG works on my M3 Real with the latest firmware. Well, when I say works, i still get the counter black screen, but saves work.

Nixol

Trophies
XP
Country
France
fabarati said:
HG works on my M3 Real with the latest firmware. Well, when I say works, i still get the counter black screen, but saves work.

Yes, but the game crashing on m3 real.

jxthemafia

Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
Man im using Ez falsh Vi updated the latest firmvare and my game is still freezing after 10 min.anyclue wht Shaggy and Scooby got to do TO find the answer of the mystery of the mysterious freezing heartgold

yusuo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
We know that the game only 100% works on akaio 1.6rc1 we get this, everyone with every other card may have a little luck but its still messed up, can we all stop whinning about it, it will be fixed i assure you of that, the time scale on when though is a different question but can we keep this thread free of mindless rambling that it doesnt work etc and stick with what DOES work

fabarati

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Nixol said:
fabarati said:

Yes, but the game crashing on m3 real.

yes, the black screen that comes up when you've triggered 24-ish events. Haven't gotten to goldenrod yet, but I'm assuming that the AP overload that happens then will, in fact, happen.

Derpityherp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
ambitous21 said:
For those of you that just is willing to endure the freezing pre-Whitney (Yes, freezing will probably still occur, but probably once every 10 minutes. I was able to play through 7 hours this way. as long as it isnt as bad as freezing every 2 screens after Whitney)
I finally found a way:

Even if you just beat her and saved, thats alright. Go next door to get Squirtbottle or whatever the key item is.
Now, go to http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=183116
and download the portable pokesav (thanks, Chase-san)
You're supposed to put it on your DS and use the pokesav on your ND.
Why this pokesav instead of the bigger one?
Because this one allows you do edit the badges.

So what I did was ticked off the 3rd badge. Went back into the game, walk around tons, no freeze. Went back into the gym to talk to Whitney, hoping the game set it so that it was before your battle with her. Turns out it's still post battle, where she crys but haven't given you the 3rd badge yet. Once you talk to her, she'll give you the TM and 3rd Badge. Now I walked around with this and again, it froze every 3 screens.

So back to the portable pokesav and took out the 3rd badge. Opened my game up, walked in and out of the pokecenter 20 times, and took on a few trainers at the next route, and no freezing yet. I'm sure the freezing will come along, but as of now, I can continue my adventures again.

Once a patch for the game is made, then I'll go back to pick up the 3rd badge. As of now, it doesn't matter anyways. The badge doesn't enable any HM's, and I already got Squirtbottle.
Cheers, i had my day set free to play this game whole day, but getting stuck at Goldenrod pissed me off... this was all I can think of.
This is just aweome. Beat Whitney, got Squirtbottle and used pokesav to remove the badge. Entered/exited a house +50 times now and no freezing.

(CycloDS v1.58B)

Edit: Well, got a freeze now, but they seem to be a lot less common this way.

jxthemafia

Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
Nintendo cracked my mind this time. ok just a thought neither the patches are working nor the arm7 arm9.could be tht nintendo made some kind of a softwrae time bomb.meaning tht it will keep pirating the game till 14th march tht is tomorrow

Posts merged

sorry meant software

eugene222

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Maybe now a patch comes faster, with that info. So it have something to do with the third badge. Someone can look throug the codes, and look whats different to the third badge.. Maybe the solution isnt far away. Im sry but i havent knowlegde of hacking so i cant help with it...

Influ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
jxthemafia said:
Nintendo cracked my mind this time. ok just a thought neither the patches are working nor the arm7 arm9.could be tht nintendo made some kind of a softwrae time bomb.meaning tht it will keep pirating the game till 14th march tht is tomorrow

Posts merged

sorry meant software
No. If it was like this, all you'dd have to do is to change your consoles internal clock to some time after the release.

Fionar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Dunno if it's of any help, but setting the date to the 14th of March or later apparently does not fix the freezing, at least not pre-Whitney.

Hidoshi

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
icey5_mat said:
anybody tried what they're saying like moving the clock to after march 14?

Thanks to 'The World Ends With You' my clock is somewhere in 2014, so I don't think this should do anything.

jxthemafia

Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
Yeah someone tried it on the post i dont remember who it was.so wht abt the savefix problem.platinum needed 1m.sav whereas carts only make 512kb.sav.could heartgold have the same problem

mathewd3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
For a random stab in the dark

Get the Arm7 and/or Arm9 for Ace Attorney: Miles Edgeworth (it worked for S&SASR didnt it?) and try that way.

HBK

Clover - Fearless to Speak Now. ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
jxthemafia said:
Yeah someone tried it on the post i dont remember who it was.so wht abt the savefix problem.platinum needed 1m.sav whereas carts only make 512kb.sav.could heartgold have the same problem

Platinum didn't freeze, it's not that, there aren't save issues.

xGrAffitix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well. Amidst all of the craziness that's been going on the past day or so, I'm still confused as to what's going on. I hear some cards are working and some aren't. I've been messing around with different things on my R4 and nothing seemed to work, which is fine seeing as how a lot of people had difficulty with it, r4 being the cheaper and more 'obsolete' model of the cartridges. Anyways, I wanted to ask a question. I didn't see anything about it myself, so..I got this DSTT 1.17 thing. Not sure if any of you know what that is or not, but if you do, does it also have problems as with other firmwares?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/o4zjzHyB-I0?si=U77XLBb-jVVqtWXz +2