ROM Hack Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arisa

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Win said:
this is pretty cheesy ~
considering this is really a glitched dump i dont think it would happen twice.
im not really into rom hacking but ill check it.

/e anyone compared the (F) and (U) editions yet?

they have the same protections, the french people are as far as us.

Marc1994

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Have someone already tested it?
smile.gif

Blooper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Eruonen said:
Blooper said:
No, actually, I have no badges. I just kept triggering what I understood as events between Newbark Town and Route 29 [The first city and the first batch of grass]
Try going through any door over 24 times.

Well, I haven't tried 'just doors' for over 24 times consecutively, but I've been alternating between battles, enter city, leave city, battle, enter city, enter building, talk to people, read sign, leave town-- you got it, and didn't experience any crash.

harjack939393

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
LunarDD said:
hannahbailey2008 said:
Hi y'all
smile.gif

Not much to contribute I'm afraid, although the cubic equation y'all found seems to me to be incorrect.

A better equation is

y = 27 - 3(2^x)

where y is the number of events and x is the number of badges.

thats great! Ive tested it and it works
wink.gif

Offtopic: TBH, i don't think we need more equations. They may distract our hackers. Besides, they both make sense and they both total up correctly for the badges.

Ontopic: Could we set say each hacker to a different folder in the un-packed ROM, then they could find the AP/error in ROM by order of elimination?

Win

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Arisa said:
Win said:
this is pretty cheesy ~

you mean bugs :S

imo we should just wait for more dumps im convinced the AP causes the dumps to glitch.

cyberninja

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Win said:
Arisa said:
Win said:
this is pretty cheesy ~

imo we should just wait for more dumps im convinced the AP causes the dumps to glitch.

It works on ackard so can't have anything to do with the dumps.

iAlex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
That patch on the previous page, with the Portuguese instructions, doesn't work, got a blackscreen after 3 events. And I have 3 badges.

Harubi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Im gonna try that patch from Project-Pokemon now, that that guy posted here... it has arm8.bin file in it.. maybe it'll work..

EDIT:oh scratch that, it doesn't work... nevermind then

mdyer94

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
baldymcbald said:
if you take the time to read the error that your reading as ap is the fact that there is an 16bit offset that is constantly being read as an 8bit when this offset goes above the 8bit address its cause the black screen to appear it is an error in the graphics engine of the game every address that is looked at are addresses that deal in the graphical property of the game 04000600 is used to refresh the screen during entering of battle 2260344 is primarily used to drawn sprites and set the writing after the the other address that came up later server similar functions there is a constant message in desmume that there is an error in the lighting of the game that it is been shown as to bright. now then if this wasnt a pure graphics error that it appears to be that it is ap the whole game would freeze including the sound thus it has to be that the ap was the original problem with loading up of the game originally which was fixed this was the original black screen all the other freezes are occuring exspeciallly later on due to the nature of the graphics the more objects and animation that is require to draw the harder it is for the game to due this there that address is used more and more the address that is always seen in the crash 00056612 is used by the emulator itself not the rom note as well when the crash is seen in desmume you will also get crash reports from your computer indicating that various graphics files have crashed me and souldragon where looking at this yesterday but i pushed it aside originally trying to bypass thinking it was something that can be fixed it cannot be fixed wait for a new version of the rom or continue in futility
next possibility as to why this is occuring if it is not the roms its the emulators most have similar coding thats why it seems so random every1 assumes it is directly at 24 actions. desmume experiences the crash at around 50 actions and nosgba crash at 60-75 actions there is one thing ive yet to try that is to change the emulator on how it displayes light because this seems to direcly corralate the problem that the brightness of the game is directly what is causing the crash in desmume and nosgba
Everyone should read this post before you say ANYTHING.

anng12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i think its becuz the game is loading from a sav file and it detects thats its on a flash cart...THAT'S WHY EMULATORS WORK because they dont work like flash carts

knikel2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
iAlex said:
That patch on the previous page, with the Portuguese instructions, doesn't work, got a blackscreen after 3 events. And I have 3 badges.

Tested with or without YSMENU?

Win

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
cyberninja said:
Win said:
Arisa said:
Win said:
this is pretty cheesy ~

It works on ackard so can't have anything to do with the dumps.

various people said they still freeze(like every hour or so) so im not sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/sg0D1PpgCXs?si=rnzM6Df7jeL6FiPz