ROM Hack Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kattykitkat

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
LTK said:
1 So you actually know the ROM is leaked and do nothing about it..lol
2 yes
3 lol then you are losing money and not acting
1 yea seems kind of pointless
2 they are testing the new software
1 what software
3 which software???
2 the AP
1 testing how
2 to see if it works..it cant be cracked according to the team
1 oh lol
3 i doubt it
2 any tampering causes the game to crash in on itself, it runs checks with every step on too many variables, they cannot all be fixed..maybe a few but not all
1 which variables then?
3 ok if you really work there then what is your name?
2 I can not tell you that
1 lol..bs you dont work there then
3 troll
2 I do, we have 5 guys here in this morning monitoring people trying to hack the games
1 oh really what websites are you watching then?
2 the most well known are being watched so far no-one is close to figuring out the crashing method
1 ...you know there are two patches out already right
2 yes
1 they fix the freezing or so i heard
2 no I have them here..they don't do anything..they fix maybe 1 variable out of XXXX amount
3 sorry im back
1 hey lol
3 ok so if you really work there..and you are watching the websites..why are you on this chat room
1 lol
2 read what i said..we have 5 people watching the progress
1 ojk well give us a hint on how to crack it then LOL
3 lol
2 -disconnects-

he came back a hour later and has sat in there but hasn't said anything

It's most likely BS- if he worked for them he wouldnt be telling total strangers anything about it at all..even that its incredibly hard to crack because there are many lines of code. Besides, I very much doubt nintendo have suddenly worked 1000x harder to make anti piracy work. Every time a big game comes out everyone assumes the piracy will be uncrackable because nintendo have gone that one step further, and they never do. Chances are 90% of the people who download the game arent hardcore fans and wont buy it if they cant play it for free anyway, and nintendo knows this, so why waste that much time and resources making it so protected?

alexandrewz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
eugene222 said:
It looks like the AP is an Fucking Virus, wich Infectet the whole, rom, so you cant fix it. I think, they have put on the retail some hardware in, which makes the AP not to go on. So i think, there wont be a solution.
Nintendo WON!!!!!

xD
No they will never winn xD

cant be hardware since Nosgba and Desmume can run it with no freezes, same for acekard and anothers FC...

ACDCGAMER

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Harubi said:
CrimzonEyed said:
20100314161238.png

compared the arm9.bin

What happens if you copy paste the jap arm9.bin in the us one and save it?

Will it work?

I see your idea, but I doubt that would work.

knikel2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
What about changing the difference in the US ARM to the one in the Jap ARM and then run the Jap patch? Or has that already been mentioned...

Theboynextdoor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone considered that the AP might come, because there is lacking something? Instead of thinking there is a file "to much"

Flexibility

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Has anyone considered doing what I said in the last thread? It got locked before I got an answer and just thought of it again:

Bowser's Inside Story, are there similarities in the AP between this and HG/SS? I don't know exactly how that went, I just remember it being really frustrating but they did it eventually.

alexandrewz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
knikel2 said:
What about changing the difference in the US ARM to the one in the Jap ARM and then run the Jap patch? Or has that already been mentioned...

The ppl who created Acekard probably do not know why it worked fine in their FC too...

Harubi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Theboynextdoor said:
Has anyone considered that the AP might come, because there is lacking something? Instead of thinking there is a file "to much"

If that would be the case, the jap arm9.bin would show it, right?

Anyways, can someone just copy paste the jap arm9.bin into the us one and let me try to see if it crashes?

iAlex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
metal01 said:
what cart has played this without any problems i thought I saw the acekard2i or the m3?
It was the Acekard with latest AKAIO, right? M3DS Real with Sakura/Touchpod doesn't work correctly.

eugene222

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Harubi said:
Theboynextdoor said:

Anyways, can someone just copy paste the jap arm9.bin into the us one and let me try to see if it crashes?
It crash, someone has test it already look at the first post here...

xGrAffitix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CrimzonEyed said:
20100314161238.png

compared the arm9.bin

I'm curious about this..Looking at the two, it seems like they would be almost be identical in some ways, but large chunks of the coding is missing. Is there a way to add the coding that's in the (J) arm9 to the (u) one, or would that take too long?

Edit: Basically like, 'fill in the blanks'.

darcangel

Lovely Troll
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Bowser's Inside Story
took like 3 week to be fixed
and this game is like to take more time than that

CrimzonEyed

Trophies
XP
Country
Harubi said:
Theboynextdoor said:

on my way

Harubi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
eugene222 said:
Harubi said:
Theboynextdoor said:

It crash, someone has test it already look at the first post here...

Alright my bad, but then we're getting a step closer... maybe we established there that there are variables in there, that only apply to the Jap rom.
If we figure out those variables and replace them with the US ones, then we can leave the rest that DOES work in there to make a complete patch?

I know its sounds easier said then done but...

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
Komalis said:
Yes We can Defeat Nintendo ! YES WE CAN !

Well what's the longest it's ever taken the hacking community to bypass problems like this? About two weeks, with Mario and Luigi Bowser's Inside Story. Even that was defeated eventually. It might take time but it'll be fixed. It's good to see so many people working on this. Plenty of people here working on it, no doubt the card creators are all working on the problem as well by now. Well, except the R4 team that is
tongue.gif

But seriously. If like me you don't have the faintest idea how to assist in this project, do what I'm doing. Find yourself another game to tide you over until the experts come through with a solution for your card of choice. I'm working on FFXIII, the entire Phoenix Wright saga, Tales of Vesperia and about a dozen GBA games. That should keep me occupied until the patch is available. Best to do that instead of being here trolling and distracting the experts. Which I have just realised is what this post is, so I'm gonna shut up now...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    sigh
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @a_username_that_isnt_cool, could you change your username?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i guess not...
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    anybody here?
  • P @ PKNate:
    nope
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fun fact: 7 years by lukas graham, supermassive black hole by muse, and megalomania all have the same bpm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    girls just wanna have fun and renai circulation also share the same tempo as the few i said before
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, megalomania the live a live song?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wait no, megalovania*
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    my bad
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't forgive you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The nerve of that guy, gosh.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah expecting me to forgive gtfo
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    But how could the Dr have known you didn't want to be circumcized?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He didn't you just wanted your dick to be fondled
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Watching dune 2 it's eh
    Dune one sucked
    The original with Patrick Stewart was Great
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A sexual psycopath that love pain where have I heard that before
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In your high school diary?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No but your wife let's me read her diary the word psychopath comes up more than sexual
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: No but your wife let's me read her diary the word psychopath comes up more than sexual +1