TempLurker
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Pokemon-Gray.jpg

Okay, maybe you peeps were right. The folks at GameFreak said that there would be no Pokemon Gray. And people pointed out that maybe they were lying to avoid destroying sales of Black and White. Fair enough, although the original quote did seem quite direct, but that may have been after it had passed through a couple of translations (from Japanese, to Spanish and then to English). Either way, Junichi Masuda of GameFreak provided a slightly more cryptic response that suggests we will see a Gray at some point. And I can already feel some of the more, uh, vocal readers readying their gloating glands. “You were wrong,” they will cry. “How dare you ever suspect that Gray would not exist!” Yes, your steadfastness is admirable, but now that we’re on the same page feel free to leave the trolling off this page.[/p]

icon11.gif
Source

Well hooray

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Hold on what. You quoted an article talking about how there will be a Pokemon Grey in a thread about there not being a Pokemon Grey. Wanna read your own articles first?

jonesman99

GBAtemp's Official ArchAndroid
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Question: Why would any company that develops games or franchises like these promise their fans and/or shareholders a special or enhanced version of a game that could be months or years off to a game that they are trying to make a cash in on now?

GameFreak & Nintendo would think that their consumers would wait for the special version and not spend money on the current versions, especially seeing as how it isn't even released internationally yet.

They didn't say anything for the 4th Gen, same thing for the 3rd, 2nd, or even the 1st. Even though some people could predict this formula miles before the jump, doesn't mean GF are going to give them what they want to hear miles before the jump.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, well then...hooray! I hope it's as good as Platinum, which averted my hate for Diamond and Pearl. Basically, I've loved every third version and am looking forward to Gray.

L-Lawliet

Trophies
XP
Country
machomuu said:
Oh, well then...hooray! I hope it's as good as Platinum, which averted my hate for Diamond and Pearl. Basically, I've loved every forth version and am looking forward to Gray.
You mean third version right?

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
L-Lawliet said:
machomuu said:
Oh, well then...hooray! I hope it's as good as Platinum, which averted my hate for Diamond and Pearl. Basically, I've loved every forth version and am looking forward to Gray.
You mean third version right?
Yeah, whoops
tongue.gif

Even worse, I spelled "fourth" wrong.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Splych said:
not surprised .
it was expected anyway , surprised there was no Pokemon Crystal remake for the DS though.
Why? There was no Pokemon Yellow remake and HGSS had elements of Crystal such as emphasis on Suicune above the other Legendary Dogs.

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
machomuu said:
Splych said:
not surprised .
it was expected anyway , surprised there was no Pokemon Crystal remake for the DS though.
Why? There was no Pokemon Yellow remake and HGSS had elements of Crystal such as emphasis on Suicune above the other Legendary Dogs.
usually the Pokemon games came in trilogies .
eg. Pokemon Red & Blue (& Green) then Yellow tagged along
Gold and Silver then Crystal
Sapphire and Ruby then Emerald
Diamond and Pearl then Platinum

Yellow is a little old . to be honest , i never brought up the Yellow remake because i thought it was too far behind now . Fire Red and Leaf Green were technically the remakes of Blue and Red , though they chose to use Green over Blue ? a Yellow remake would be really amazing , but it's like me expecting for a Crystal remake . HG/SS aren't remakes of Crystal . they are remakes of Gold and Silver .

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Splych said:
machomuu said:
Splych said:
not surprised .
usually the Pokemon games came in trilogies .
eg. Pokemon Red & Blue (& Green) then Yellow tagged along
Gold and Silver then Crystal
Sapphire and Ruby then Emerald
Diamond and Pearl then Platinum

Yellow is a little old . to be honest , i never brought up the Yellow remake because i thought it was too far behind now . Fire Red and Leaf Green were technically the remakes of Blue and Red , though they chose to use Green over Blue ? a Yellow remake would be really amazing , but it's like me expecting for a Crystal remake . HG/SS aren't remakes of Crystal . they are remakes of Gold and Silver .
I know, that's why I'm asking why you're surprised.

Langin

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Look Splych it works like this

Red, Blue and Yellow(Game Boy)
Gold, Silver and Crystal(Game Boy Color)
Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald(Game Boy Advance)
Fire Red and Leaf Green, NO SHOCK YELLOW or Sea Blue
^
Diamond, Pearl and Platinum
Heart Gold, Soul Silver.
Black, White and Gray

Thats your answer; Nintendo NEVER remakes a third game of the Pocket Monsters series.

See the patron?

Edit: wups took the wrong example.
Edit 2.: FUUUU Gray! Not grey!

Hypershad12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I heard that GameFreak would not do a Gray version, I was a bit surprised. And now I hear this. I'm glad that they may do it now. Off-Topic: While I was reading through this thread I noticed that some people spell "gray" either with the "a" or with an "e" substituting the a. I'm guessing American English is the only form of English that uses the "a"? Is that right?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/fRENPoVaZHk?si=0xgCyaSVzuc5GD5F