Pokemon gold cart freezing

Vondosaurusrex

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found my old gold version cart the other day while cleaning. It was up on the top shelf a cabinet I was clearing because there was a ceiling leak above it, and the game was a little wet

I dried it out with rice and gave it a go. Surprisingly the game booted up just fine. However, when I went to start a new game because my old one was gone, the game froze after I tried to enter the time.

I know now that the internal battery has probably gone kaput. Does anyone know if replacing it will make the game work again? thanks

endoverend

AKA zooksman
Trophies
Website
zooksman.com
XP
Country
United States
I found my old gold version cart the other day while cleaning. It was up on the top shelf a cabinet I was clearing because there was a ceiling leak above it, and the game was a little wet

I dried it out with rice and gave it a go. Surprisingly the game booted up just fine. However, when I went to start a new game because my old one was gone, the game froze after I tried to enter the time.

I know now that the internal battery has probably gone kaput. Does anyone know if replacing it will make the game work again? thanks
Yeah, if it crashes when setting the clock then resetting the battery will fix it. It's really simple to replace.

Reactions: osaka35

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by osaka35,
Reactions: NegaBBB

endoverend

AKA zooksman
Trophies
Website
zooksman.com
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: osaka35

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I've made similar with my japanese silver .. I just laced the new battery with an isolation tape xD
I saw an japanes etutorial that the guy soldered an battery holder on the place , so when it nee dto be recplaced again, you can just replaced as it wa smade like this xD
sadly I can't ind again to shown up :B but was a nice idea ....

Reactions: Deleted-236924

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Hello